Have any of you not received a decision?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kid charlemagne

Have any of you not received a decision?

Postby kid charlemagne » Mon May 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Have any of you not received a decision to a school that you have applied to? I applied to 13 schools (a few I wouldn't even consider, but the offered me a fee waiver) and I have received my decisions (acceptance/denied/waitlist) to all except for one. I applied to the school around mid-December and I am still a little surprised that I haven't received a decision yet. Frankly, I find it to be a little unprofessional. It doesn't really matter one way or the other considering I am going to Tulane in the fall, but I just found it to be a little odd...it is mid May.

IH21

Re: Have any of you not received a decision?

Postby IH21 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm

kid charlemagne wrote:Have any of you not received a decision to a school that you have applied to? I applied to 13 schools (a few I wouldn't even consider, but the offered me a fee waiver) and I have received my decisions (acceptance/denied/waitlist) to all except for one. I applied to the school around mid-December and I am still a little surprised that I haven't received a decision yet. Frankly, I find it to be a little unprofessional. It doesn't really matter one way or the other considering I am going to Tulane in the fall, but I just found it to be a little odd...it is mid May.

I've applied to 11, and haven't heard anything from 1 other than the generic "Application is received/complete" e-mails immediately after applying. Not even a peep. Not even an information-driven generic e-mail. I find it odd, and honestly a bit absurd considering this school is at the bottom of the list of all the schools I applied to. Whether or not I get in doesn't really matter as I'm not going there either way, but it is very odd that they haven't said anything to me.

At least some schools which haven't given me an official decision yet have contacted me in one way or another over the last few months so I know that they know I am out there.
Last edited by IH21 on Mon May 16, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon May 16, 2011 2:57 pm

kid charlemagne wrote:It doesn't really matter one way or the other considering I am going to Tulane in the fall.

Kinda just made your post pointless with this statement. But yes, it is odd to not hear anything by now.

kid charlemagne

Postby kid charlemagne » Mon May 16, 2011 3:04 pm

haven't heard anything from 1 other than the generic "Application is received/complete" e-mails immediately after applying. Not even a peep. Not even an information-driven generic e-mail. I find it odd, and honestly a bit absurd considering this school (CUNY) is at the bottom of the list of all the schools I applied to.

I'm in the same boat as you. The school I am talking about is only provisionally approved by the ABA (cough cough, it's located in the state of South Carolina :) ) and it just struck me as odd to not hear [i]anything[i] from them since I sent in my application. Like I stated earlier, it doesn't matter because I was never planning on attending, I just thought I would be given an offer of acceptance with a decent sized scholarship.

kid charlemagne

Postby kid charlemagne » Mon May 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Kinda just made your post pointless with this statement. But yes, it is odd to not hear anything by now.

I know, I'm aware....it just caught me off guard.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon May 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Cornell is trying their hardest guys.. give them a break

starlight007

Postby starlight007 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:32 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:Cornell is trying their hardest guys.. give them a break

This cracked me up simply because my first thought was this school. LOL

Secondly, this thread is useless without people naming names.

orm518

Postby orm518 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Is it American, a friend of mine still hadn't heard the last time I talked to him (late April)....

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Mon May 16, 2011 3:54 pm

FWIW in the 2009-2010 cycle my friend applied to Fordham and didn't hear anything as of July, no status checker, nothing. He emailed them and asked for his money back since they didn't review his file. They were like, oh yeah sorry, you got in--wanna come?

kid charlemagne

Postby kid charlemagne » Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Secondly, this thread is useless without people naming names.

The school I am talking about is only provisionally approved by the ABA (cough cough, it's located in the state of South Carolina )

As I stated earlier, I would never consider this school (in the lowcountry of South Carolina clears throat), but as a new school that's trying to put its name on the map and pull in the best class possible, you think they would do everything possible to go the extra mile

dchunny614

Postby dchunny614 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:36 pm

I hadn't heard from Mercer since I went complete on 1/25..decided on Stetson mid- April..randomly checked the status checker last Friday and found out I was accepted 5/11..

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 am

dchunny614 wrote:I hadn't heard from Mercer since I went complete on 1/25..decided on Stetson mid- April..randomly checked the status checker last Friday and found out I was accepted 5/11..

I hope you are already rich.

kristyk

Postby kristyk » Tue May 17, 2011 4:00 pm

kid charlemagne wrote:Have any of you not received a decision to a school that you have applied to? I applied to 13 schools (a few I wouldn't even consider, but the offered me a fee waiver) and I have received my decisions (acceptance/denied/waitlist) to all except for one. I applied to the school around mid-December and I am still a little surprised that I haven't received a decision yet. Frankly, I find it to be a little unprofessional. It doesn't really matter one way or the other considering I am going to Tulane in the fall, but I just found it to be a little odd...it is mid May.

I applied in December and had heard from all of the schools I applied to between February and March, with the exception of one school. I didn't hear anything from them except an automated email noting that my application was complete. April 1 came and went... I called and asked how quickly decisions were being made. I was told "as quickly as possible." April 15 (and several seat deposit dates) came and went... and still I hadn't heard anything. As April drew to a close, I became really frustrated, so I called again and said the school was one of my first choices, and I was being pressed to put seat deposits down at other schools, why hadn't I heard yet? They apologized and said they would review my application immediately. The next day, I was not only accepted, I was awarded a half-tuition scholarship.

I don't know why it took so long...

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

kid charlemagne wrote:As I stated earlier, I would never consider this school (in the lowcountry of South Carolina clears throat), but as a new school that's trying to put its name on the map and pull in the best class possible, you think they would do everything possible to go the extra mile

Why on Earth would you apply to a school you would not attend under any circumstances? Especially an unaccredited shithole that would be worthless for scholarship negotiation?

Curry

Postby Curry » Tue May 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
kid charlemagne wrote:As I stated earlier, I would never consider this school (in the lowcountry of South Carolina clears throat), but as a new school that's trying to put its name on the map and pull in the best class possible, you think they would do everything possible to go the extra mile

Why on Earth would you apply to a school you would not attend under any circumstances? Especially an unaccredited shithole that would be worthless for scholarship negotiation?

THEY SENT HIM A FEE WAIVER

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:10 pm

dchunny614 wrote:I hadn't heard from Mercer since I went complete on 1/25..decided on Stetson mid- April..randomly checked the status checker last Friday and found out I was accepted 5/11..

i applied to mercer and went complete 1/7, and I still havent heard anything yet. Probably got rejected.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue May 17, 2011 5:47 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:

lol

kid charlemagne

Postby kid charlemagne » Tue May 17, 2011 7:23 pm

They were one of the schools that waived my application fee. I figured, what the hell...it's only $12 anyways. Had I been offered a full ride, I still wouldn't have attended unless I was denied by all 12 other schools. Hell, I actually would have taken the year off and reapply instead of attend there. None the less, I still figured I would have received a decision by now.

dchunny614

Postby dchunny614 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:41 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:

Why do you ask??

Tursion

Postby Tursion » Wed May 18, 2011 6:18 am

yeah the same happened to me, but for master's programs. i applied to joint jd/master's programs and i had gotten into the schools i would attend no matter what, so i guess i had leeway to do what i did, but i was disappointed that i spent so much time on my application, applied, and didn't even get a timely reply. what if i really did want to attend that school? all the other schools needed replies by mid-april, and this school still had not gotten back to me by the end of april.

i finally sent them an email along the lines of
"you're a great school, hence why i applied to you, but im disappointed you took so long to get back that i couldnt really take your school into serious consideration. regardless of the decision, i put in great effort on my application, and feel i deserved to know within a reasonable amount of time."

it was also bolstered by the fact that a month earlier they had posted a blog saying they were down to the last 1% of decisions. the next week, they sent me an offer of admission+scholarship.

then again, i only did it because i knew i was not going to attend their school, and wanted to let them know it wasn't right. im sure if it was a school i was dying to get into, i wouldnt have been nearly as brave or audacious haha

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”