question for people riding out waitlists

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
theturkeyisfat

question for people riding out waitlists

Postby theturkeyisfat » Wed May 04, 2011 5:16 pm

when do you plan to sign a lease at the school where you paid a deposit?

ktg808

Re: question for people riding out waitlists

Postby ktg808 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 pm

I plan to sign a lease. Don't want to be completely screwed. Plus I have a dog so I know my options will be further limited if I wait until the last minute.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

I want to sign a lease too, I do not know of any housing without it really. I wonder if July is too late.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:45 am

Prob July. A month before orientation is perfectly fine in terms of getting all the paperwork processed. The only issue might be finding a place but I've done this before for grad school and it was fine. Got a place right next to campus that's pretty sweet and it's not a college town.

dtl

Postby dtl » Thu May 05, 2011 1:43 pm

I actually made a deal with a cute motel down the street from my accepted school for 35 bucks a night... I am not giving up on my UC Irvine waitlist until there is no hope left >:(

gjr8891

Postby gjr8891 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:25 am

dtl wrote:I actually made a deal with a cute motel down the street from my accepted school for 35 bucks a night... I am not giving up on my UC Irvine waitlist until there is no hope left >:(

That's impressive. Good luck getting into UC Irvine.

I will be signing a lease near my accepted school at the very end of July if I don't get off the OU waitlist before then. It feels a little risky to wait that long but I don't plan on living in an apartment or rent house that would normally be in high demand for students. I want something quiet and far from undergrads.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”