USC Waitlist 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aryathegreat
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:49 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby aryathegreat » Wed May 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Im pretty confident I will. Its been a long and stressful wait up until this point, I just need a day to calm my nerves.

I sent a couple LOCI and visited the campus for a tour, both of which I think are important towards showing your interest in attending if accepted. Good luck to those still out there!

flexityflex86 wrote:
aryathegreat wrote:JUST GOTT INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

congrats. you committing?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:23 pm

aryathegreat wrote:Im pretty confident I will. Its been a long and stressful wait up until this point, I just need a day to calm my nerves.

I sent a couple LOCI and visited the campus for a tour, both of which I think are important towards showing your interest in attending if accepted. Good luck to those still out there!

flexityflex86 wrote:
aryathegreat wrote:JUST GOTT INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

congrats. you committing?

Or maybe your 4.0 won them over. I am very cynical when it comes to the process - I think they prob had one too many high LSAT's low GPA's, and needed a 4.0 who showed some aptitude on the LSAT.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:35 pm

aryathegreat wrote:JUST GOTT INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN


How were you informed that you were in? Phone call I am assuming...

sabre
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby sabre » Wed May 11, 2011 5:53 pm

in off the waitlist!
165/3.9

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby helloperson » Wed May 11, 2011 6:05 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:Or maybe your 4.0 won them over. I am very cynical when it comes to the process - I think they prob had one too many high LSAT's low GPA's, and needed a 4.0 who showed some aptitude on the LSAT.


That would appear to be the case, unfortunately for me.

Congrats to the recent admit(s).

sushirob39
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby sushirob39 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Got in off the waitlist today! 166, 3.74, non URM

Think I got a boost from my research prof who used to teach at Gould and he wrote me a letter of rec

RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:07 pm

In off the WL!!!!! I got the call yesterday (Wednesday) around 11:30 am (PST). I am still in disbelief. 159/166/3.70. Non URM. UCLA Undergrad. I wrote a LOCI in mid March before even being IR. I was WLed on 4/8/11. I had an additional LOR written and sent after being WLed. I cannnnnnnot believe it!!!!!!!!! This WL is moving! There is hope for those still on the WL! Write letters! Visit the campus! Good Luck!!

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Congrats to all of you who have gotten in off the WL. Please let us know whether or not you will be attending.

RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 am

I'm gonna attend.

chrissy2011
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby chrissy2011 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Has anyone else on the wait list heard back yet? Also, in terms of wait lists, will we at some point get a refection email or something, or do they just keep you waiting until the first day of classes?

chrissy2011
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby chrissy2011 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm

rejection****

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 pm

chrissy2011 wrote:Has anyone else on the wait list heard back yet? Also, in terms of wait lists, will we at some point get a refection email or something, or do they just keep you waiting until the first day of classes?


Straight from question #4 of the Waitlist FAQ that was emailed to all waitlisted applicants:

"We will keep the waitlist active until the first day of class in August."

:wink:

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby helloperson » Thu May 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Anyone else get the email saying they expect to admit a lot of waitlisted students by the end of next week?

fatedreality
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:46 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby fatedreality » Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 pm

helloperson wrote:Anyone else get the email saying they expect to admit a lot of waitlisted students by the end of next week?


Yes! And to quote Rebecca Black: "We-we-we so excited!"

Oh god did I really just do that? Anyways I'm feeling a lot more optimistic now :)

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 pm

helloperson wrote:Anyone else get the email saying they expect to admit a lot of waitlisted students by the end of next week?


I got it.

stowhat
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:57 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby stowhat » Thu May 19, 2011 1:28 pm

chimp wrote:
helloperson wrote:Anyone else get the email saying they expect to admit a lot of waitlisted students by the end of next week?


I got it.


Same. I'm hoping this is a good sign.

User avatar
speedyj88
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby speedyj88 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I received it as well. The better gauge would be to see if anyone DIDN'T get it. If this was sent out to everyone on the waitlist, I'm not sure it changes anything.

chrissy2011
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby chrissy2011 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Got the email. So they probably sent it to everyone on the wait list?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby jman77 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:35 pm

I got the e-mail, and I didn't even ask to be put on the waitlist.

RedItalus10
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby RedItalus10 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:36 pm

I went to visit USC law. I expressed how excited/surprised I was to hear back so soon from the WL. He said that they are trying to make an effort to let people know earlier this year because they know that the farther along it goes (June/July/even August) the harder it is for people to change plans. Don't know if this helps or not. But I think there is definitely hope for people on this WL. I remember seeing something from last year that they admitted like 150 from the WL (don't quote me on this, i THINK i saw it somewhere on TLS but not sure) which is a lot considering they are aiming for 210 total in the class...

GOOD LUCK! I'm living proof that the WL can be promising! Don't give up if this is your dream school!

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:52 pm

RedItalus10 wrote:I went to visit USC law. I expressed how excited/surprised I was to hear back so soon from the WL. He said that they are trying to make an effort to let people know earlier this year because they know that the farther along it goes (June/July/even August) the harder it is for people to change plans. Don't know if this helps or not. But I think there is definitely hope for people on this WL. I remember seeing something from last year that they admitted like 150 from the WL (don't quote me on this, i THINK i saw it somewhere on TLS but not sure) which is a lot considering they are aiming for 210 total in the class...

GOOD LUCK! I'm living proof that the WL can be promising! Don't give up if this is your dream school!


You saw it on the WL FAQ. They admitted 150 off the waitlist, many of which did not end up attending because they had already made alternate plans.

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby helloperson » Thu May 19, 2011 2:54 pm

speedyj88 wrote:I received it as well. The better gauge would be to see if anyone DIDN'T get it. If this was sent out to everyone on the waitlist, I'm not sure it changes anything.



I agree.

Also,
I remember seeing something from last year that they admitted like 150 from the WL (don't quote me on this, i THINK i saw it somewhere on TLS but not sure) which is a lot considering they are aiming for 210 total in the class...


Just checked the WL FAQ since I remember seeing something similar. They admit 125 from the WL in summer 2010, but many of those did not matriculate (or so they say).

picklebarrel
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:51 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby picklebarrel » Thu May 19, 2011 7:51 pm

I got the email as well.

bernadette1
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby bernadette1 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:42 pm

i was waitlisted this tuesday and got an email yesterday "strongly encouraging" me to do the video interview.

i know most people on this thread were waitlisted last month or so, anyone else out there waitlisted this week?

grayfoxx13
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby grayfoxx13 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:23 pm

i got the email as well, i am hoping for good news this upcoming week!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Zoe107 and 4 guests