USC Waitlist 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby helloperson » Tue May 31, 2011 7:52 pm

FF55 wrote:
chimp wrote:From the look of it USC is just number whoring (which doesn't surprise me). Looks like I'm fucked.

I wonder if there is any use visiting the school this week to try to put in a good word? From last year's thread there still seemed to be a fair number of waitlist-acceptances right up until early-August.



Does anything about the visit factor into admissions decisions?

FF55
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby FF55 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 pm

helloperson wrote:Does anything about the visit factor into admissions decisions?

Only in my mind :wink:

But it might provide some material for my next LOCI..

s1m4
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby s1m4 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 pm

FF55 wrote:
helloperson wrote:Does anything about the visit factor into admissions decisions?

Only in my mind :wink:

But it might provide some material for my next LOCI..


+1 im visiting with the hopes of reaffirming my interest and also to add some more substance to future LOCIs

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby flexityflex86 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:20 pm

FF55 wrote:
helloperson wrote:Does anything about the visit factor into admissions decisions?

Only in my mind :wink:

But it might provide some material for my next LOCI..

the people at USC are very nice.

aryathegreat
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:49 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby aryathegreat » Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 pm

chimp wrote:Edit: For example, just from searching their posts I know that the person who started this thread got in off the USC and UCLA waitlists and placed a deposit at UCLA so we shall see.


This is true. It was a whirlwind of a week after never believing that I would get off either waitlist. At the end of the day, it came down to personal opinion and money even though I was originally set on USC.

I guess its a testiment to how keeping in contact with the admissions staff can be beneficial in the end. Good luck to those still waiting

chrissy2011
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby chrissy2011 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 am

I got in on Friday. It was via phone call from the director of admissions right as I arrived in Vegas at 2:50pm. Haha. Anyways, I'll definitely be attending this fall. The director said that my LOCI and video were really helpful. He didnt say anything about my visit but I'm sure that was helpful as well. I highly encourage visiting the campus and talking to the student ambassadors because they could put in a good word...who knows. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!!!!

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 pm

chrissy2011 wrote:I got in on Friday. It was via phone call from the director of admissions right as I arrived in Vegas at 2:50pm. Haha. Anyways, I'll definitely be attending this fall. The director said that my LOCI and video were really helpful. He didnt say anything about my visit but I'm sure that was helpful as well. I highly encourage visiting the campus and talking to the student ambassadors because they could put in a good word...who knows. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!!!!


Your 170 LSAT score was probably helpful as well :lol:

I wonder when we will start to see some more movement...

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby jman77 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Withdrew after getting in off the waitlist 2 Fridays ago. Good luck!

WhoAmI
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby WhoAmI » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Now I wish I paid more attention in undergrad. I am slowly going crazy, as I'm waitlisted at both my top choices... my wife and family won't stop asking about it...

The moral of the story: Don't have a wife or family.

FF55
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby FF55 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 pm

WhoAmI wrote:Now I wish I paid more attention in undergrad. I am slowly going crazy, as I'm waitlisted at both my top choices... my wife and family won't stop asking about it...

The moral of the story: Don't have a wife or family.

I feel for ya. Also waitlisted at both LA schools and it is making my personal life pretty miserable.

WhoAmI
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby WhoAmI » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:02 pm

How aggressive have you been with the admissions offices?

I've sent 2 LOCI's, video interview where applicable, I've visited, called in 1-3 more letters of rec including some from graduates of the respective schools, and stalked their respective faculty with a small hunting knife.

One of the above may not be true.

s1m4
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby s1m4 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:32 am

So what are every1s plans granted they dont get off the USC waitlist? UC Davis for me..

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:47 am

s1m4 wrote:So what are every1s plans granted they dont get off the USC waitlist? UC Davis for me..


I have sent 4 LOCIs of varying lengths, I went on a guided tour of the law school, and had an email sent on my behalf by a well known alumni. Don't know what else to do other than continue to keep them updated on my situation and hope for the best.

Edit: oh yea, Loyola with the 87k scholly.
Last edited by 071816 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law.school.2014
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby law.school.2014 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am

chimp wrote:So what are every1s plans granted they dont get off the USC waitlist? UC Davis for me..


Scholly to BU for me

WhoAmI
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby WhoAmI » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

$ at Pepperdine for 1L, then maybe transfer.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Is it just me or do emails sent to the waitlist@law.usc.edu address never receive responses? I have sent them 2 emails to that address without a response confirming that they received the email.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby glewz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 pm

chimp wrote:Is it just me or do emails sent to the waitlist@law.usc.edu address never receive responses? I have sent them 2 emails to that address without a response confirming that they received the email.

Quick phone call to the admissions dept would clear it up fast - just say that you wanted to confirm reception of your docs.

fatedreality
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:46 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby fatedreality » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 am

glewz wrote:
chimp wrote:Is it just me or do emails sent to the waitlist@law.usc.edu address never receive responses? I have sent them 2 emails to that address without a response confirming that they received the email.

Quick phone call to the admissions dept would clear it up fast - just say that you wanted to confirm reception of your docs.


I never received a response when I sent my LOCI to waitlist@law.usc but I called and the lady confirmed receipt of my email.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby 071816 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 am

fatedreality wrote:
glewz wrote:
chimp wrote:Is it just me or do emails sent to the waitlist@law.usc.edu address never receive responses? I have sent them 2 emails to that address without a response confirming that they received the email.

Quick phone call to the admissions dept would clear it up fast - just say that you wanted to confirm reception of your docs.


I never received a response when I sent my LOCI to waitlist@law.usc but I called and the lady confirmed receipt of my email.


Ok cool. Seems like they just don't respond to emails sent to that address then, but I guess a quick phonecall couldn't hurt.

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby BBeauty » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Just got the heads up phone call...decisions, desicions....

law.school.2014
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby law.school.2014 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 pm

BBeauty wrote:Just got the heads up phone call...decisions, desicions....


what is the heads up phone call?

fatedreality
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:46 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby fatedreality » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

BBeauty wrote:Just got the heads up phone call...decisions, desicions....


Congratulations!! Argh I was ready to move on with my life but now I'm afraid I'm going to start obsessing about watching my phone again lol.

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby BBeauty » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm

fatedreality wrote:
BBeauty wrote:Just got the heads up phone call...decisions, desicions....


Congratulations!! Argh I was ready to move on with my life but now I'm afraid I'm going to start obsessing about watching my phone again lol.


Thanks. Good Luck!

trojanlover
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby trojanlover » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

BBeauty wrote:
fatedreality wrote:
BBeauty wrote:Just got the heads up phone call...decisions, desicions....


Congratulations!! Argh I was ready to move on with my life but now I'm afraid I'm going to start obsessing about watching my phone again lol.


Thanks. Good Luck!
what did they say on the phone?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: USC Waitlist 2011

Postby flexityflex86 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:26 pm

trojanlover wrote:
BBeauty wrote:
fatedreality wrote:
BBeauty wrote:Just got the heads up phone call...decisions, desicions....


Congratulations!! Argh I was ready to move on with my life but now I'm afraid I'm going to start obsessing about watching my phone again lol.


Thanks. Good Luck!
what did they say on the phone?

it was like the old Budweiser commercials.

USC said Bud, OP said Eis and previously famous guitarist Lenny Kravitz yelled out Er from no where.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, ashrice13, cephaschen, EvanWilliams2, Google [Bot], Kungfu Wontons, lawschool2017712, MSNbot Media, okf731, proteinshake, simplypara588, turkeyncheese, WamBam, wishywashy and 24 guests