Harvard Waitlist 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Sat May 07, 2011 7:19 pm

I was just looking through last year's wl thread and saw that all the jr1s at this time were jr1/jr2 combos...any speculation as to why they're changing it up this year?

User avatar
saito816
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby saito816 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm

sarahlawg wrote:I was just looking through last year's wl thread and saw that all the jr1s at this time were jr1/jr2 combos...any speculation as to why they're changing it up this year?


No idea... really wish I did, it would make this weekend a lot less stressful, or possibly more depressing depending on the reason for the switch :| Maybe they have more borderline applicants this year, so they are still deciding which ones they want?

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby d34d9823 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:24 pm

sarahlawg wrote:I was just looking through last year's wl thread and saw that all the jr1s at this time were jr1/jr2 combos...any speculation as to why they're changing it up this year?

This is JR's 2nd year. I think assuming he'll follow the same process without any changes is a huge stretch.

User avatar
debureon
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby debureon » Sun May 08, 2011 9:08 am

has someone already compiled stats indicating how many people got those JR1s(/JR2s) last year within the first week or two of May? i'm curious to know what the quantity difference is between last year and this year.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby The Gentleman » Sun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Ugh. I had a JR1b this past week and have been on pins and needles ever since. It pretty much went exactly how everyone else described it: Are you still interested in HLS? Where else have you deposited? Are you still interested in the things you discussed during your JR1? Then he said that they would be making calls Monday or Tuesday to the new admits.

Good luck everybody!

User avatar
saito816
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby saito816 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:04 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Ugh. I had a JR1b this past week and have been on pins and needles ever since. It pretty much went exactly how everyone else described it: Are you still interested in HLS? Where else have you deposited? Are you still interested in the things you discussed during your JR1? Then he said that they would be making calls Monday or Tuesday to the new admits.

Good luck everybody!


Yeah, this weekend has been brutal. Can't wait for Monday and Tuesday, but at the same time the possibility of waking up disappointed on Wednesday is frightening :shock: I hope Harvard at least lets us know that that we are either in, dinged, or going to continue on the waitlist rather than only letting us know if we get in...
Anyway, Good luck.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby gatorgirl4life » Sun May 08, 2011 8:21 pm

saito816 wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:Ugh. I had a JR1b this past week and have been on pins and needles ever since. It pretty much went exactly how everyone else described it: Are you still interested in HLS? Where else have you deposited? Are you still interested in the things you discussed during your JR1? Then he said that they would be making calls Monday or Tuesday to the new admits.

Good luck everybody!


Yeah, this weekend has been brutal. Can't wait for Monday and Tuesday, but at the same time the possibility of waking up disappointed on Wednesday is frightening :shock: I hope Harvard at least lets us know that that we are either in, dinged, or going to continue on the waitlist rather than only letting us know if we get in...
Anyway, Good luck.


I've been waiting to hopefully get a JR2 one day since February...at this point waiting one more weekend seems like nothing. lol Good luck to all of us!!

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby mcweanis » Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 pm

i remember seeing someone write that they were told that they would hear back thursday or friday. i was told monday or tuesday - PLEASE be true JR!

User avatar
saito816
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby saito816 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:20 pm

mcweanis wrote:i remember seeing someone write that they were told that they would hear back thursday or friday. i was told monday or tuesday - PLEASE be true JR!


could be wrong but I think that person meant that JR said he was continuing to call people thurs/fri last week with JR1s. He definitely said if I got admitted I'd receive a call monday or tuesday this week. Although if tuesday passes without a call I'll probably come back to this and still cling to hope for thursday and friday :(

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Sun May 08, 2011 10:45 pm

He said to me that they'd be making calls early in the week, but it could easily take into the end of the week.
Those words will probably haunt me while I'm still waiting desperately on Friday.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby law_monkey » Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm sure you'll all be excited by this time tomorrow fresh out of your JR2s. :D

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby The Gentleman » Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 am

debureon wrote:has someone already compiled stats indicating how many people got those JR1s(/JR2s) last year within the first week or two of May? i'm curious to know what the quantity difference is between last year and this year.


I'm too nervous to sleep, so I combed through both years' threads in order to provide a very rough answer to your question. In 2010, 10 TLS users reported JR1/JR2's during the two weeks immediately following the deposit deadline. (Unlike this year, it seems HLS did combo calls for WL acceptances.) Thus far in 2011, 16 TLS users have reported either JR1's or JR1b's after being waitlisted. (15 posts + 1 via PM)

We can't really use this data to say much about our chances relative to last year's WL applicants, (too small of a sample size, HLS's yield may be lower than last year, TLS has become more popular since last year and people are more likely to report etc) but we can at least say that the number of people reporting JR1/JR2's on TLS this year isn't that much greater than it was 2010.

Anyway, I'm going to be running on coffee and nerves at work tomorrow. Best of luck fellow TLSers!

BrendanD
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby BrendanD » Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 am

Missed call from 617 area code -> Heart attack -> JR2 by email! After a Friday JR1b.

User avatar
saito816
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby saito816 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am

Innnnnnn!!!!! :shock: :D Best day ever lol

chiedisevuoi
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby chiedisevuoi » Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am

me too. Thursday JR1b. i am in a state of genuine disbelief.

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby mcweanis » Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 am

saito816 wrote:Innnnnnn!!!!! :shock: :D Best day ever lol


were you a jr1b too???IM WAITING AHH

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 am

.
Last edited by eaa1537 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby mcweanis » Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 am

oh no ihope they admit people with their first jr1 last week and not just jr1bs!!!

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby Weirdlog » Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am

Congrats, all!!!

Does anyone think there's any hope for the rest of us--or will this wave fill out the class?

It seems like they're doing things a bit differently from last year, so I'd imagine we can't really use that as a great indication.

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby mcweanis » Mon May 09, 2011 10:55 am

Weirdlog wrote:Congrats, all!!!

Does anyone think there's any hope for the rest of us--or will this wave fill out the class?

It seems like they're doing things a bit differently from last year, so I'd imagine we can't really use that as a great indication.


im sure there will be more spots open later, even through august - just not as many. people still drop out/defer/get in to s & y later in the summer.

DEAR GOD JR PLEASE CALL ME

mbn22
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby mbn22 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 am

In! I got my JR1 last week, if that gives you any hope :D

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby mcweanis » Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 am

thats 5 out of 16... wheres mine...

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby Confused7 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:02 am

This is amazing!! CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WITH JR2s SO FAR!!! The week has just started, and it's likely only the first round of looking at WLs, so I'm sure there will be more offers coming. :D

chris5253
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby chris5253 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:03 am

mcweanis wrote:thats 5 out of 16... wheres mine...



+1

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2011

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon May 09, 2011 11:26 am

Jr2!!!!!!! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cyclawps, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Mia93, MSNbot Media, PDX4343, reillyg, SilverSurfer2020, tsporl and 16 guests