Kansas or Gonzaga?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jag2014

Kansas or Gonzaga?

Postby jag2014 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I have done plenty of research but still struggling with this decision. I will be visiting both schools and am currently living in FL. However, I can deal with the cold of Spokane, being that Im from Chicago area.

My decision criteria is prob much different than most. I am not worried so much about employment prospects immediately upon graduating, being that I will be serving as a Judge Advocate within the USMC. However, I am interested in job opportunities after my service and plan on living in CO. Im assuming Kansas has stronger alum network in CO due to it's proximity?

Also, Im wondering of the perception of Military and how welcoming the two campus' will be?

couple of stats that worry me with Gonzaga: 20% attrition 1st yr..13 transfers out with only 3 in..

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

IHaveLawyers

Re: Kansas or Gonzaga?

Postby IHaveLawyers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:41 pm

jag2014 wrote:I have done plenty of research but still struggling with this decision. I will be visiting both schools and am currently living in FL. However, I can deal with the cold of Spokane, being that Im from Chicago area.

My decision criteria is prob much different than most. I am not worried so much about employment prospects immediately upon graduating, being that I will be serving as a Judge Advocate within the USMC. However, I am interested in job opportunities after my service and plan on living in CO. Im assuming Kansas has stronger alum network in CO due to it's proximity?

Also, Im wondering of the perception of Military and how welcoming the two campus' will be?

couple of stats that worry me with Gonzaga: 20% attrition 1st yr..13 transfers out with only 3 in..

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Don't you have to work for JAG for about 20 years or something?

jag2014

Postby jag2014 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 pm

no, 20 years is the term to reach retirement with 50% pension. 4 yrs is the mininum service with 6 months of which spent in Basic Training.

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:07 pm

jag2014 wrote:no, 20 years is the term to reach retirement with 50% pension. 4 yrs is the mininum service with 6 months of which spent in Basic Training.

ah!

oh yeah I would pick Kansas, its a much better school w/ better job prospects coming out.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Reread your original post in this thread & you should realize that you have already answered your own question.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”