OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tigerbunny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 am

In at Cornell!

Postby tigerbunny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 am

Cornell: waitlisted April 9th, IN June 7th!!!

Boston U: waitlisted April 14, in May 7th

User avatar
Gecko of Doom
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby Gecko of Doom » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 pm

smithc2011 wrote:In off the U Texas waitlist.

Thoughts on (probably) no scholarship at U Texas vs. 76.5k (25.5k annually) at SMU?

Congrats! Are you in-state? If so, I would take it in a heartbeat.

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby onmytoes812 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:
smithc2011 wrote:In off the U Texas waitlist.

Thoughts on (probably) no scholarship at U Texas vs. 76.5k (25.5k annually) at SMU?

Congrats! Are you in-state? If so, I would take it in a heartbeat.


I'm paying sticker OOS to go to UT, just sent my LOI today...depends on what you want to do with your degree, honestly. Given the other places I was accepted, the potential reward/outcome with a Texas degree outweighs the financial risk for me personally. Of course, you might want to talk to me in 3 years about that. Haha

However, I will say that it sounds like you're only getting half tuition at SMU, so calculate the COA for each place. That scholarship might not be such a great deal comparatively.

User avatar
smithc2011
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby smithc2011 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:09 am

onmytoes812 wrote:
Gecko of Doom wrote:
smithc2011 wrote:In off the U Texas waitlist.

Thoughts on (probably) no scholarship at U Texas vs. 76.5k (25.5k annually) at SMU?

Congrats! Are you in-state? If so, I would take it in a heartbeat.


I'm paying sticker OOS to go to UT, just sent my LOI today...depends on what you want to do with your degree, honestly. Given the other places I was accepted, the potential reward/outcome with a Texas degree outweighs the financial risk for me personally. Of course, you might want to talk to me in 3 years about that. Haha

However, I will say that it sounds like you're only getting half tuition at SMU, so calculate the COA for each place. That scholarship might not be such a great deal comparatively.

Yeah I'm in state. I'll probably end up taking it, the COA differences are looking like they will be made up for in expected future income. It's just weird, because I wasn't even holding out hope for it or anything, I was pretty set on SMU. definitely a nice surprise though.

david787
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby david787 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 am

Congrats! It's no secret I'm a big fan of SMU but I think UT will be well worth it, especially with in-state tuition. Austin is pretty awesome too (live there now).

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 pm

smithc2011 wrote:Yeah I'm in state. I'll probably end up taking it, the COA differences are looking like they will be made up for in expected future income. It's just weird, because I wasn't even holding out hope for it or anything, I was pretty set on SMU. definitely a nice surprise though.


Well then, we'll see you in August! Hook 'em horns :)

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby IamAskier » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Doubt many people on this board care too much, but for what its worth I'm in at the University of Utah off the WL. I'm pretty stoked.

User avatar
GNW
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby GNW » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:45 pm

In off the waitlist at Iowa and Arizona. I think visiting Iowa really helped a lot.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby Perch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:02 pm

IamAskier wrote:Doubt many people on this board care too much, but for what its worth I'm in at the University of Utah off the WL. I'm pretty stoked.


congrats!

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby LS-boundNYC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Accepted at Fordham today. Thrilled!

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby loblaw » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Also off the Fordham waitlist.

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby loblaw » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:29 pm

In off the BU waitlist via phone call. This must be the week.

*edit-with dollaz!
Last edited by loblaw on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bsahni
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby bsahni » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Has anybody heard back from Villanova off the wait list??

ttf1867
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby ttf1867 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:38 pm

If anyone has W&M/W&L updates, I'd appreciate it!

lalala21
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby lalala21 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Same one the W&L updates. This week has sucked. I just want to know if they have accepted people yet (since that last email)

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Accepted at Vandy yesterday!!! I am beyond excited...overwhelmed might be the word.

User avatar
gsat
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby gsat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:27 pm

I was just placed on Cornell's WL and it seemed as though a few people were placed there as well. How many people do you think comprise Cornell's WL? I'm posting in hopes of being one of those lucky "in off the waitlist" folks :) . Congrats to those that have made it off!

TheMania22
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby TheMania22 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

In at Vandy w/$, Northwestern and Duke w/$$ all from the WL. Quite a relief after being wait listed at 12 schools. Going to be in Durham in the fall.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby ran12 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm

TheMania22 wrote:In at Vandy w/$, Northwestern and Duke w/$$ all from the WL. Quite a relief after being wait listed at 12 schools. Going to be in Durham in the fall.


Congrats. Welcome to the Duke family.

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby j12 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 pm

In off the WLs at Vandy w/$ and Northwestern.

User avatar
PHC
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 am

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby PHC » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:39 pm

In off WL at UNC. Looks like I'll be going back to Chapel Hill for 3 more years.

parsi
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:16 am

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby parsi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Got a call from the dean at Berkeley today offering admission off the waitlist. I declined...will be in NYU in the fall.

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby loblaw » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm

In at BC! Pending financial aid info, I may be facing the dreaded BC vs BU dilemma. Too much waitlist love.

squirrelgirl
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby squirrelgirl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 pm

In at Michigan! I will definitely be moving to Ann Arbor!

User avatar
smithc2011
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 'IN OFF THE WAITLIST' THREAD

Postby smithc2011 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 pm

ended up getting $ off WL at UTexas, so I'll definitely be there in the fall.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chipotle85, fall17law, guybourdin, jjcorvino, nslaw123, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Solidfood, tlee13, woopig2017 and 23 guests