Northwestern vs. Georgetown

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
florencezx

Northwestern vs. Georgetown

Postby florencezx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 pm

If I narrow my choices down to Northwestern and Georgetown: most people around me favored Georgetown: in DC, top ranking in international law...but if I just want to do corporate law upon graduation, which one is better? Georgetown has a lot more courses, but a huge student-body.

How different are the legal markets, placements, faculties, career services, living expenses ...?

i did not attend the ASW at Northwestern. Could anyone share some thoughts on it?? Thanks!

Knock

Re: Northwestern vs. Georgetown

Postby Knock » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 pm

florencezx wrote:If I narrow my choices down to Northwestern and Georgetown: most people around me favored Georgetown: in DC, top ranking in international law...but if I just want to do corporate law upon graduation, which one is better? Georgetown has a lot more courses, but a huge student-body.

How different are the legal markets, placements, faculties, career services, living expenses ...?

i did not attend the ASW at Northwestern. Could anyone share some thoughts on it?? Thanks!

Wrong forum, but I'd take Northwestern if you want corporate law: http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/goto%20l ... s_main.pdf, http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=108528, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150681.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:44 pm

The following things don't help Georgetown: being in DC, international law ranking, amount of courses, size of student body.

Both these schools are absurdly expensive and if your primary goal is corporate law (which will most likely have you ending up in NYC) then you should go to NU if it costs the same as GULC because NU places far better.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Northwestern unless you have a strong desire for DC / Midatlantic / South. Gtown is a bit stronger for DC and has more recruiters from the mid and south Atlantic than Northwestern but the class size causes problems elsewhere.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”