Searching for positive wait list stories

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jarofsoup

Searching for positive wait list stories

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:36 am

I am currently on a wait list at a school that I want to attend.

I wanted to hear back from TLSer's who had been admitted to a school off of a wait list and if they ended up attending. I am very fearful of being notified in August of admission to a dream school.

khodorko

Re: Searching for positive wait list stories

Postby khodorko » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm

My very good friend was admitted to Berkeley off the waitlist last year in mid-June

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:37 pm

on bunch WL and not getting off any :(

antonin

Postby antonin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:06 pm

OK;
I know three people in law schools, they all are currently attending a school that wailisted them originally.
BC in August, UTexas in July and Harvard in July. All cases from the last two years.

ihp12

Postby ihp12 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Excellent idea for a thread.

rtpjr

Postby rtpjr » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:55 am

Got in off of waitlist with heavy scholarship at my top choice for school (chicago Kent). Couldnt be happier about it! LSAC put me at 20% to get in! Good luck to everyone, dont let the TLS haters get you down. Keep the faith!

Philosopher1

Postby Philosopher1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:25 pm

I got admitted off Tulane Law School's wait list recently and paid the deposit. I am very seriously considering attending, though I have a fine offer from LUC and am waiting on wait lists at two other sick schools. We'll see how it all goes ... but there, indeed, is a positive wait list story for you.They apparently aren't "garbage lists," etc., or a waste of time, as I am an example of someone it worked out for, and I hope it works out again for other schools. Best of luck.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Someone I know got into WashU in June with a 25th percentile GPA and a median LSAT. 8k/year scholly, too.

happyfeet

Postby happyfeet » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:51 pm

planning to ride out four waitlists (including my two dream schools) so i'm looking forward to hearing these stories and, of course, hoping to have my own to post here in a few months.

thanks for starting this!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:53 pm

This thread is a win. Hopefully we will see several great stories.

And hopefully I will be able to contribute in a month or two...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:This thread is a win. Hopefully we will see several great stories.

+1

musicalmissionary

Postby musicalmissionary » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:53 am

I just got into Cardozo (May program) with $24k/yr (need-based) after being wait listed in January. My numbers (156, 3.11) are well below their brackets, but I have 10 years of work experience and degrees in engineering, digital media and an MBA. I also found myself a law firm internship in February and added a killer LOR from one of the partners.

I must say this has made me feel completely redeemed after all of the "retake" comments I got a few months ago. But I knew I had a special story so they never really got to me. In fact, I knew this day would come, eventually.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting. Just make your best case and have some faith in yourself!

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:02 pm

musicalmissionary wrote:I just got into Cardozo (May program) with $24k/yr (need-based) after being wait listed in January. My numbers (156, 3.11) are well below their brackets, but I have 10 years of work experience and degrees in engineering, digital media and an MBA. I also found myself a law firm internship in February and added a killer LOR from one of the partners.

I must say this has made me feel completely redeemed after all of the "retake" comments I got a few months ago. But I knew I had a special story so they never really got to me. In fact, I knew this day would come, eventually.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting. Just make your best case and have some faith in yourself!

wow! congratz dude!

tennissanta

Postby tennissanta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 am

I was deferred at Chicago-Kent (my #1 choice) on 4/12 and admitted on 4/19 with a half tuition scholly. I'm really excited!

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:35 am

Last edited by fakemoney on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 pm

got into Duke yesterday off the priority reserve

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Thu May 12, 2011 1:23 am

Bumping this thread, hopefully to get more people to share stories. I've been miraculously waitlisted at a school where I'm beneath both medians, and it would be nice to have more fodder to daydream about before they ding me. :)

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Thu May 12, 2011 1:26 am

Philosopher1 wrote:I got admitted off Tulane Law School's wait list recently and paid the deposit. I am very seriously considering attending, though I have a fine offer from LUC and am waiting on wait lists at two other sick schools. We'll see how it all goes ... but there, indeed, is a positive wait list story for you.They apparently aren't "garbage lists," etc., or a waste of time, as I am an example of someone it worked out for, and I hope it works out again for other schools. Best of luck.

You paid Tulane a G and you aren't sure you're attending!?

ohnowhattodo

Postby ohnowhattodo » Thu May 12, 2011 11:22 am

In at Duke last Friday, off priority reserve- with a scholly! :)

Philosopher1

Postby Philosopher1 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
Philosopher1 wrote:I got admitted off Tulane Law School's wait list recently and paid the deposit. I am very seriously considering attending, though I have a fine offer from LUC and am waiting on wait lists at two other sick schools. We'll see how it all goes ... but there, indeed, is a positive wait list story for you.They apparently aren't "garbage lists," etc., or a waste of time, as I am an example of someone it worked out for, and I hope it works out again for other schools. Best of luck.

You paid Tulane a G and you aren't sure you're attending!?

I paid the first deposit. I haven't paid the second one, but I most likely will. Loyola Chi really hooks you up with Chicago ... on the other hand, Tulane might be an opportunity I should not pass up. And I probably won't. Still waiting on 2 Midwest powerhouses, so we'll see. I'm excited about my future law school experience regardless of where I choose to attend. Let's hope for the best.

yrmh

Postby yrmh » Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm

I was wait-listed at my dream school. :? I would like to get advice on getting off the list. Does writing a personal statement or a letter expressing my interest would help? Thanks for your advice! :|

Postby 071816 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:This thread is a win. Hopefully we will see several great stories.

+1

+2

zreinhar

Postby zreinhar » Sat May 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Was WL at GW and GULC. Got in off GWs waitlist and am trying to get Georgetown to do the same. I did basically everything you can, retook in Feb, LOCI, new job in the area, met with professors, deans of admission, etc. It is definitely possible, but can sometimes take a fair amount of work. Given that I was going to end up at George Mason otherwise, I'm pretty psyched about GW.

AMCD

Postby AMCD » Sat May 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Just finished my 1L year at a tier 1 school where I was waitlisted last year. Got in two weeks before classes began. I applied to four schools only: 1 reject, 2 WL (withdrew from the other when I got into my first choice) 1 accept w/$. Really bad LSAT score, but very good GPA, 2 graduate degrees and a lot of work experience. I agree, it takes a lot of effort and I really worked this school's admissions. Visited, spoke to professors, sent a LOCI, had two more letters of rec. sent and called anyone who knew anyone there to put in a good word for me. I know at least two people went and spoke to admissions on my behalf. I was still shocked to get in finally. It can definitely pay off with some strong effort and don't give up until the very end.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”