LOCI for Yale? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
birkenstockmarket

New

LOCI for Yale?

Post by birkenstockmarket » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Was recently waitlisted and am wondering if it makes sense to send a LOCI in along with my WL form or if there's no point since every law school applicant ever is basically continually interested in YLS. Thoughts?

law4vus

Silver

Re: LOCI for Yale?

Post by law4vus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 pm

birkenstockmarket wrote:Was recently waitlisted and am wondering if it makes sense to send a LOCI in along with my WL form or if there's no point since every law school applicant ever is basically continually interested in YLS. Thoughts?
I don't see how it can hurt.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:58 pm

law4vus wrote:
birkenstockmarket wrote:Was recently waitlisted and am wondering if it makes sense to send a LOCI in along with my WL form or if there's no point since every law school applicant ever is basically continually interested in YLS. Thoughts?
Spelling/grammar mistakes.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:00 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
law4vus wrote:
Oooh, true.

I dunno, I feel like being waitlisted at Yale kind of stinks because it's a small school and pretty much everyone that gets in will attend. I guess try your best to get off the WL, but don't be too upset if you don't. I'm sure you have some other nice t14 acceptances to console you.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:01 pm

law4vus wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
law4vus wrote:
Oooh, true.

I dunno, I feel like being waitlisted at Yale kind of stinks because it's a small school and pretty much everyone that gets in will attend. I guess try your best to get off the WL, but don't be too upset if you don't. I'm sure you have some other nice t14 acceptances to console you.
80% yield rate. Yeah the chances are super slim of getting off the waitlist.

cucullu

Bronze

Post by cucullu » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:10 pm

FiveSermon wrote: 80% yield rate. Yeah the chances are super slim of getting off the waitlist.
But it does happen some years. I'd read Asha's post on the topic and use it to guide your decision. The help/hurt impact of a LOCI probably varies from applicant to applicant. Good luck.

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... alker.aspx

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”