Defer Enrollment

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CNM1818

Defer Enrollment

Postby CNM1818 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 am

From my understanding USF does not defer enrollment, but based on the health needs of my parents recently, it's difficult for me to live away from them at this time. Has anyone had any luck with requesting to defer a year? How should I go about it? Please advise.

RPK34

Re: Defer Enrollment

Postby RPK34 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 am

For one, I would call the school, or talk to them in person. If you're having a family emergency, talking to a school admissions office in person rather than through email is more personal (I've actually found during admissions, dealing with them over the phone gets things done a lot faster than e-mail in general, as well). Just be specific with what's going on, stress that you really want to go to the school still, but that taking care of your family is very important to you.

Even if they deny you, you can always apply next year. If they let you in this year, they'll probably let you in next year, especially if you write an addendum explaining your reason for not attending this year.

CNM1818

Re: Defer Enrollment

Postby CNM1818 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks so much for the advice.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”