Anyone going to University of D.C 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
callen7828

New

Anyone going to University of D.C 2011

Post by callen7828 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:34 am

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had been accepted and planned on attending the University of D.C. in the fall.

jess

Re: Anyone going to University of D.C 2011

Post by jess » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Jessuf wrote:I was accepted (non-DC res), interested in public interest. I received a scholarship, but it's apparently only for the first year. I like the low cost of tuition even though I'm from out of the area, and the location is fantastic. For being T4, it has a really great mix of public interest clinics. However, I probably won't be going because of COL, T4 status, scholarship for only one year, and the employment data in the brochure that came with the acceptance letter scared me.
Yea the employment data was scary but I think that it was from 09 so I am going to contact the school and ask for 2010 data and maybe you should do the same. I also was awarded a scholarship for the first year from out of state, but after the first year the tutution does drop from 18k to 8k so that makes up for it. I am still up in the air also.

power1

New

Post by power1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:22 pm

I just completed my application for fall 2011.
How long did it take to get the acceptance package?
So you are saying that the employment rates were scary?
I hear the school is big on clinics.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:54 pm

power1 wrote:I just completed my application for fall 2011.

They took seven weeks to give me my acceptance and the numbers were scary but I think that it may be better for 2010. Also they are huge on clinics and really work with the community to help the underpriviliged.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jess

Post by jess » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:58 am

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Jessuf wrote:
power1 wrote:I just completed my application for fall 2011.
I got mine a week after I applied. I did just apply end of March. They could be faster with things now that it's the end of the cycle.

Also, in the acceptance packet, they give you scholarship info, employment info and info on their clinics. I was really impressed with their clinics. The employment info just scared me.
I am with you on that so I may take suffolk instead, I am not sure yet, plus I am waiting on a few school including my #1 pick unlv.

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm still waiting on UDC (PT) to decide. Getting really frustrated with the wait! :evil:

I got into Seattle U (PT) as a backup plan but I have plans to move to DC for career purposes outside of law. That factor and the tuition being so damn low is making me really consider picking a T4 over a T2 school. I have a deadline for Seattle U's seating deposit though, so I can't wait on UDC forever. I might give them all call or something.

Update: I call them today, Friday, and they said they could get me a decision by Monday. Haha, the power of leveraging the fact that you have a seat deposit due on a T2 school.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:50 pm

lnllnl wrote:I'm still waiting on UDC (PT) to decide. Getting really frustrated with the wait! :evil:

I got into Seattle U (PT) as a backup plan but I have plans to move to DC for career purposes outside of law. That factor and the tuition being so damn low is making me really consider picking a T4 over a T2 school. I have a deadline for Seattle U's seating deposit though, so I can't wait on UDC forever. I might give them all call or something.

Update: I call them today, Friday, and they said they could get me a decision by Monday. Haha, the power of leveraging the fact that you have a seat deposit due on a T2 school.
Good job on that call, but I will say this from my own dealings with them this year as an already admitted student, do not wait for them to call you cause they wont. You should be proactive and call them monday well before they close because they hardly ever answer the phone. Good luck maybe we will see each other in school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:13 am

callen7828 wrote:
lnllnl wrote:I'm still waiting on UDC (PT) to decide. Getting really frustrated with the wait! :evil:

Good job on that call, but I will say this from my own dealings with them this year as an already admitted student, do not wait for them to call you cause they wont. You should be proactive and call them monday well before they close because they hardly ever answer the phone. Good luck maybe we will see each other in school.
You're going to UDC?

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 pm

lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:

You're going to UDC?

I am admitted and deposited so far, but I am not sure if I am going yet. What about you?

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

callen7828 wrote:
lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:

You're going to UDC?

I am admitted and deposited so far, but I am not sure if I am going yet. What about you?

I got into Seattle U w/ very little scholly money, so I'm probably gonna go to UDC if I get in. Waiting to hear back today...

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

school. I have a deadline for Seattle U's seating deposit though, so I can't wait on UDC forever. I might give them all call or something.

Update: I call them today, Friday, and they said they could get me a decision by Monday. Haha, the power of leveraging the fact that you have a seat deposit due on a T2 school.[/quote]

Good job on that call, but I will say this from my own dealings with them this year as an already admitted student, do not wait for them to call you cause they wont. You should be proactive and call them monday well before they close because they hardly ever answer the phone. Good luck maybe we will see each other in school.[/quote]

You're going to UDC?[/quote]

I am waiting to hear back from unlv, which is my first choice, I have been told it is good that I have not been cut so far so here is hoping. So if I get in there I will be attending unlv instead of udc, but if I dont get in udc will be my for sure choice.

I am admitted and deposited so far, but I am not sure if I am going yet. What about you?[/quote]

I got into Seattle U w/ very little scholly money, so I'm probably gonna go to UDC if I get in. Waiting to hear back today...[/quote]

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:44 pm

callen7828 wrote:

You were right, I should have called. Should have known they wouldn't have made a decision by today even though they said they would.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:05 pm

lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:

You were right, I should have called. Should have known they wouldn't have made a decision by today even though they said they would.
Did they ever call you? I will say this their administration seems to be a little unorganzied which worries me a little. Any one else think so?

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:15 pm

callen7828 wrote:
lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:

Did they ever call you? I will say this their administration seems to be a little unorganzied which worries me a little. Any one else think so?

I called them back today. They said that the committee didn't meet Monday but it was actually Tuesday so I should check my status updater later today for their decision. I'm checking it right now and I got in.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Good job on that call, but I will say this from my own dealings with them this year as an already admitted student, do not wait for them to call you cause they wont. You should be proactive and call them monday well before they close because they hardly ever answer the phone. Good luck maybe we will see each other in school.[/quote]

You were right, I should have called. Should have known they wouldn't have made a decision by today even though they said they would.[/quote]

Did they ever call you? I will say this their administration seems to be a little unorganzied which worries me a little. Any one else think so?[/quote]

I called them back today. They said that the committee didn't meet Monday but it was actually Tuesday so I should check my status updater later today for their decision. I'm checking it right now and I got in.[/quote]

Congrads, are you for sure going there?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 pm

callen7828 wrote:Good job on that call, but I will say this from my own dealings with them this year as an already admitted student, do not wait for them to call you cause they wont. You should be proactive and call them monday well before they close because they hardly ever answer the phone. Good luck maybe we will see each other in school.

You were right, I should have called. Should have known they wouldn't have made a decision by today even though they said they would.[/quote]

Did they ever call you? I will say this their administration seems to be a little unorganzied which worries me a little. Any one else think so?[/quote]

I called them back today. They said that the committee didn't meet Monday but it was actually Tuesday so I should check my status updater later today for their decision. I'm checking it right now and I got in.[/quote]

Congrads, are you for sure going there?[/quote]

Yeah, tuition is too good to pass up and I want to find a security policy job, so DC kind of trumps Seattle in that arena.

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 pm

lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:Good job on that call, but I will say this from my own dealings with them this year as an already admitted student, do not wait for them to call you cause they wont. You should be proactive and call them monday well before they close because they hardly ever answer the phone. Good luck maybe we will see each other in school.

Congrads, are you for sure going there?[/quote]

Yeah, tuition is too good to pass up and I want to find a security policy job, so DC kind of trumps Seattle in that arena.[/quote]

Cool, I will probably see you there then if I don't get into my first choice of unlv which I will hopefully find out about this week sometime.

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 pm

callen7828 wrote:
Jessuf wrote:I was accepted (non-DC res), interested in public interest. I received a scholarship, but it's apparently only for the first year. I like the low cost of tuition even though I'm from out of the area, and the location is fantastic. For being T4, it has a really great mix of public interest clinics. However, I probably won't be going because of COL, T4 status, scholarship for only one year, and the employment data in the brochure that came with the acceptance letter scared me.
Yea the employment data was scary but I think that it was from 09 so I am going to contact the school and ask for 2010 data and maybe you should do the same. I also was awarded a scholarship for the first year from out of state, but after the first year the tutution does drop from 18k to 8k so that makes up for it. I am still up in the air also.
How long did it take for you guys to get your packet with all the info?

save the world

New

Post by save the world » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:47 pm

lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:
+1 - have yet to receive the acceptance packet and its been over a week since I was accepted...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:12 pm

save the world wrote:
lnllnl wrote:
callen7828 wrote:
+1 - have yet to receive the acceptance packet and its been over a week since I was accepted...
well i got my rejection today from unlv, so I guess udc it is!

cgpoirier

New

Post by cgpoirier » Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 am

Any tips on part-time admissions? I have had my materials for over a month now. Sent a few updates to my package as I got a promotion at work.

I fear its getting a little late in their admissions cycle and getting nervous I haven't heard anything..though I suppose no news is better than rejected!

callen7828

New

Post by callen7828 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:42 am

cgpoirier wrote:Any tips on part-time admissions? I have had my materials for over a month now. Sent a few updates to my package as I got a promotion at work.

I fear its getting a little late in their admissions cycle and getting nervous I haven't heard anything..though I suppose no news is better than rejected!
They had extended admissions for this cycle till the 30th of April so I am sure they are still looking over application. The administration is frustratingly slow to get back with you so hold tight and I am sure you will hear. I would also reccommend you call them because one other person did that and seemed to get an answer faster.

cgpoirier

New

Post by cgpoirier » Thu May 05, 2011 11:48 am

I had emailed them this AM to get an "update" and they wrote back to me within an hour saying in the next week or two. *Fingers Crossed*

I didn't have a very good LSAT, but have a decent UGPA, government work experience, and a Masters so I am hoping..otherwise it's back to studying for me!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”