Seattle University Access Admissions Program 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DAMellen

Seattle University Access Admissions Program 2011

Postby DAMellen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 pm

So the email says they have about 30 spots to fill. Has anybody already taken one of those spots or know somebody who has? How many of those spots are left at this point?

IHaveLawyers

Re: Seattle University Access Admissions Program 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 pm

What is this program? I applied and still not have heard anything about it.

DAMellen

Postby DAMellen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 pm

I've called the school a few times and gotten a few different responses. First, I was told it's a program for people who the school views as "priorities," but think would benefit from some extra help (sometimes this is people who don't meet the normal academic standards for admission, sometimes it's people who've been out of school for a while). The second time, I was told that it's a program for people who don't meet the normal academic standards and that if you're being considered for it, it's your only chance of admission. If it's the second thing, I'm very confused. LSAC gives me like a 70% chance of admittance so I don't know why I'd be in the group for people who don't meet the normal academic standards.

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 pm

DAMellen wrote:I've called the school a few times and gotten a few different responses. First, I was told it's a program for people who the school views as "priorities," but think would benefit from some extra help (sometimes this is people who don't meet the normal academic standards for admission, sometimes it's people who've been out of school for a while). The second time, I was told that it's a program for people who don't meet the normal academic standards and that if you're being considered for it, it's your only chance of admission. If it's the second thing, I'm very confused. LSAC gives me like a 70% chance of admittance so I don't know why I'd be in the group for people who don't meet the normal academic standards.

LOL, does it matter? I mean, if you wanna really go there then something like this should be nothing more than a little hurdle. I would gladly comply if they wanted to to attend this program before admission.

DAMellen

Postby DAMellen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 am

If they say I'm in through the Access program, then I will gladly accept, but I'm worried that there may not be many spots left and that being considered for Access means that my chances of acceptance are very low. That's why I'm trying to figure out how many people are already in the program.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”