Santa Clara Law-APPEAL

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
szimmerman

Santa Clara Law-APPEAL

Postby szimmerman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Hello all-
Apologies if this shouldn't be its own thread; however, I figured an "appeal" doesn't really fit into the other Santa Clara thread as well.

Santa Clara is my DREAM school-it's where I've wanted to go to law school for as long as I can remember. I was heartbroken when I was rejected, and immediately decided to appeal the decision. I had an additional reference (the Associate Dean of Students at Loyola Marymount) submit a letter, and I submitted an additional one as well. I have a 3.5 UGPA/ 155 LSAT.

My question is...is anyone else in a similar boat? Has anyone ever heard of an appeal being granted? I have no idea if this is going to work or not, but my hopes are high.

Thoughts? Advice?

hijodehombre

Re: Santa Clara Law-APPEAL

Postby hijodehombre » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't think you're going to find many people who have tried.

You may want to read this:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=146415

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm not trying to be mean, but why are your hopes high?

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:03 am

and also why is Santa Clara your dream school? you should retake and go to somewhere better especially ITE...

dr123

Postby dr123 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 am

youre best bet on getting into scu is prolly just retaking and reapplying

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 am

No offense but I don't think your hopes should at all be high. Most law school admission decisions are final and will not be reconsidered. You can reapply next cycle though (hopefully with update LSAT and PS etc). However, maybe you will get lucky or they will find that you were inappropriately turned down for some reason.

JonSanchez2009

Postby JonSanchez2009 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 pm

I heard of a guy that sued the university of michigan and the supreme court said quotas suck. :P

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm

szimmerman wrote:Hello all-
Apologies if this shouldn't be its own thread; however, I figured an "appeal" doesn't really fit into the other Santa Clara thread as well.

Santa Clara is my DREAM school-it's where I've wanted to go to law school for as long as I can remember. I was heartbroken when I was rejected, and immediately decided to appeal the decision. I had an additional reference (the Associate Dean of Students at Loyola Marymount) submit a letter, and I submitted an additional one as well. I have a 3.5 UGPA/ 155 LSAT.

My question is...is anyone else in a similar boat? Has anyone ever heard of an appeal being granted? I have no idea if this is going to work or not, but my hopes are high.

Thoughts? Advice?

If SCU is your dream school, then you must not have read the 2009 employment data thread in "choosing a law school". Getting rejected from SCU is equivalent to "dodging a bullet."

ghjuio

Postby ghjuio » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Cannot help but agree with the dodging bullet comment.

Went on a campus tour and was surprised at how chill 3Ls are...they do not have a job lined up and are cool with it. Did you actually visit the school? I did and decided to not even apply.

Capitol hillbilly wrote:
szimmerman wrote:Hello all-

Thoughts? Advice?

If SCU is your dream school, then you must not have read the 2009 employment data thread in "choosing a law school". Getting rejected from SCU is equivalent to "dodging a bullet."

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”