Maryland Preferred Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
noturningback

Maryland Preferred Waitlist

Postby noturningback » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 am

Anyone else waiting it out on Maryland's PWL? The general Maryland thread seems to have some interest on the topic, and any information/notification recieved from admissions would be helpful. Any information on when last year's PWLer's were notified?

lsatextreme

Re: Maryland Preferred Waitlist

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:35 am

i'm more or less hanging onto this list with my dear life. From previous year threads, it sounded like the first acceptances started around Apr 15, and stretched all the way across June and even July. But that was about as far as it went, I think.

clasjr

Postby clasjr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:12 pm

how many people are actually on the list? I know they said it is supposed to be a small list but it seems that there are quite few on this forum

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 pm

no way to tell, but i would assume if they're confident enough to say that all should get a chance at a seat, then I would presume it's <100

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 pm

I am on the list. When I asked questions in the general Maryland thread no one answered me. But the letter they sent seemed very optimistic. idk what everyone elses case is, but on LSN there are only three people (including myself) that have been waitlisted with my LSAT score. That seems like a positive thing to me.

Also, FWIW, I applied very very late.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm

i mean they seem to make it clear on the letter that their methodology of taking people off the preferred waitlist is by completion date (did they mention anything at all about ranks? don't remember) so I'm not sure if that's what they actually do or not.

noturningback

Postby noturningback » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Will anyone else try to swing on campus housing if admitted? I emailed the school to see if units are still available that late into the summer. Still waiting on a response.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm

noturningback wrote:Will anyone else try to swing on campus housing if admitted? I emailed the school to see if units are still available that late into the summer. Still waiting on a response.

let me know, ill be interested. Is it cheaper to live on campus housing than say the apartments that are walking distance?

hope11

Postby hope11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:32 pm

seems to me that there are TONS of people on this preferred waitlist not to even mention the regular one and that's just the folks caring enough to share with us on threads...this is looking bad.

sabs210

Postby sabs210 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 pm

hope11 wrote:seems to me that there are TONS of people on this preferred waitlist not to even mention the regular one and that's just the folks caring enough to share with us on threads...this is looking bad.

Im pretty late to join the forums, so this may seem like a stupid question, but whats the difference between preferred and regular and how do you know which one you're on?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”