Northwestern Law Waitlist Crew 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JustE

Re: Northwestern Law Waitlist Crew 2011

Postby JustE » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:14 am

tweetsbyjohann: some waitlist offers will go out today.

ydiaz

Postby ydiaz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am

egirarde wrote:tweetsbyjohann: some waitlist offers will go out today.

Crossing my fingers!

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:29 pm

are they cutting people from the waitlist as well?

ydiaz

Postby ydiaz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 pm

fingersxd wrote:are they cutting people from the waitlist as well?

I don't think so. He only said "offers" so I'm assuming they're only sending out offers for admission. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I've tried so hard to stay away from these forums and their twitter page for my own sanity. I finally caved. Good luck to all!

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

ydiaz wrote:
fingersxd wrote:are they cutting people from the waitlist as well?

I don't think so. He only said "offers" so I'm assuming they're only sending out offers for admission. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I've tried so hard to stay away from these forums and their twitter page for my own sanity. I finally caved. Good luck to all!

Embrace the horror

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

j12bash wrote:Accepted via email this afternoon.

My prelaw advisor told me he was going to speak to them this week, guess it worked.

CONGRATS!

Are you still gonna be chillin with us in the waiting thread now that your cycle is over? (:

roxydoxy

Postby roxydoxy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm

in.
quite a shock considering i sent a waitlist form asking to be taken off the list.

what does this mean? will they be able to rescind the acceptance if they realize this? i was settled on going to gulc but now i don't know! i only asked to be taken off because i thought i'd never get in.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm

roxydoxy wrote:in.
quite a shock considering i sent a waitlist form asking to be taken off the list.

what does this mean? will they be able to rescind the acceptance if they realize this? i was settled on going to gulc but now i don't know! i only asked to be taken off because i thought i'd never get in.

I doubt they would rescind. If you want to go to NU, go.

On a side note, and this pertains to a lot of people, it makes no sense to withdraw from a waitlist just because you think you won't get in. If you have a desire to still attend that school then you lose nothing by just staying on the waitlist.

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Is each at sticker? If you are getting $ at GULC and not at NU it might be tough.

I agree though, no sense in reminding them that you were intending to withdraw....just make the decision b/t NU and GULC as if you hadn't.

shadowrunner

Postby shadowrunner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:20 pm

I officially declined my admission to Northwestern today after Duke made a very generous scholarship offer so that should be one more open spot! Even though Duke is ranked higher I think I would have much preferred Evanston to Durham but the financial difference is too big.

Good luck all!

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm

shadowrunner wrote:I officially declined my admission to Northwestern today after Duke made a very generous scholarship offer so that should be one more open spot! Even though Duke is ranked higher I think I would have much preferred Evanston to Durham but the financial difference is too big.

Good luck all!

Evanston? Am I missing someething here...isn't the law school (unlike the udnergrad) in Chicago itself?

Must say I'm surprised that NU wouldn't come close to Duke's offer -- seems a bit unusual.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:43 pm

fingersxd wrote:
shadowrunner wrote:I officially declined my admission to Northwestern today after Duke made a very generous scholarship offer so that should be one more open spot! Even though Duke is ranked higher I think I would have much preferred Evanston to Durham but the financial difference is too big.

Good luck all!

Evanston? Am I missing someething here...isn't the law school (unlike the udnergrad) in Chicago itself?

Must say I'm surprised that NU wouldn't come close to Duke's offer -- seems a bit unusual.

Correct about location. As to NU and Duke monesy offers: it varies. Sometimes one offers more than the other, sometimes they offer the same. There is no reliable way to tell.

shadowrunner

Postby shadowrunner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 pm

fingersxd wrote:

Good luck all!

You're right, my apologies, the law school is in Chicago. Most of my family went to Northwestern (but not for law school) so Evanston is engrained in my brain. I was a little surprised the NU really couldn't even come close but in general my scholarship offers have been very strange. For example, Duke and Vandy both offered more money than Ohio State (where I am currently doing my masters). That was the strangest thing to me.

Edit: Also, Durham's living expenses are waaaaaay less than Chicago, mking the financial difference that much greater.

ydiaz

Postby ydiaz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:25 pm

I hope they send another batch of waitlist offers soon. I didn't get one of those lovely accepted emails today :( . BUT I'm staying positive and remaining optimistic :)

pfla

Postby pfla » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Just withdrew so I can attend UPenn. Good luck everyone!

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 pm

pfla wrote:Just withdrew so I can attend UPenn. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Maybe I'll get your spot...(wishful thinking)

roxydoxy

Postby roxydoxy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:38 pm

fingersxd wrote:

Is each at sticker? If you are getting $ at GULC and not at NU it might be tough.

I agree though, no sense in reminding them that you were intending to withdraw....just make the decision b/t NU and GULC as if you hadn't.

yes, each at sticker. still haven't made the decision...

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 pm

roxydoxy wrote:
fingersxd wrote:Is each at sticker? If you are getting $ at GULC and not at NU it might be tough.

Where do you want to practice after graduation?

roxydoxy

Postby roxydoxy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
roxydoxy wrote:
fingersxd wrote:Is each at sticker? If you are getting $ at GULC and not at NU it might be tough.

Where do you want to practice after graduation?

i would be happy to practice in any of the following cities: chicago, san fran, nyc, and slightly less in d.c. (i'm not the biggest fan of the city but i realize i've only been there a handful of times and may grow to love it).

the only thing that is keeping gulc in the running is that i may want to work in govt and gulc obviously offers many opportunities for that. i should also add that i've been accepted the PT program at gulc, which was appealing because i've had recent health issues and wanted to make sure i could ease myself into the workload and stress of school.

i have a lot to think about but i'm glad of the opportunity to even make this decision. really thought NU was a crapshoot.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Should LOCI's be sent in at this point?

I sent in the "Waitlist Response Form" back in early May and that was my last correspondence with them.

sold123

Postby sold123 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Should LOCI's be sent in at this point?

I sent in the "Waitlist Response Form" back in early May and that was my last correspondence with them.

I sent in an email on Wednesday with a question on my status, and I have yet to get back a response. I think they're working hard on transfers? I'm guessing my recent luck may be running out.

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:19 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Should LOCI's be sent in at this point?

Probabaly a good idea, though odds are with no correspondence in almost 2 months, they probabaly dont think you are super interested and it could well be too late to matter. Never hurts to try though.

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 pm

Looks like something just went out....

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 pm

egirarde wrote:Looks like something just went out....

How do you know?

sold123

Postby sold123 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:45 pm

sreichel wrote:
egirarde wrote:Looks like something just went out....

How do you know?

Johann done tweeted agin:

http://twitter.com/#!/tweetsbyjohann

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”