USC Waitlist- video interview?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
apple1234

USC Waitlist- video interview?

Postby apple1234 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the USC video interview (via MYCOLLEGEi)? Wondering if we get the questions beforehand and then go record our video or what?

:?: :?: :?:

helloperson

Re: USC Waitlist- video interview?

Postby helloperson » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:20 am

apple1234 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the USC video interview (via MYCOLLEGEi)? Wondering if we get the questions beforehand and then go record our video or what?

This is the first I have heard of video interviews for USC applicants. Is this something they ask for in the WL email?

Postby 071816 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:25 am

helloperson wrote:
apple1234 wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the USC video interview (via MYCOLLEGEi)? Wondering if we get the questions beforehand and then go record our video or what?

This is the first I have heard of video interviews for USC applicants. Is this something they ask for in the WL email?

Yes and I'm really confused about what it entails. People on the waitlist basically have 3 minutes to answer 2 out of 3 questions asked on webcam that supposedly helps the admissions committee make a decision. I'm guessing they want to put names to faces, but I have no idea what kind of questions will be asked. Anybody know? I guess this a new thing that USC is doing.

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:29 am

chimp wrote:
helloperson wrote:

Yes and I'm really confused about what it entails. People on the waitlist basically have 3 minutes to answer 2 out of 3 questions asked on webcam that supposedly helps the admissions committee make a decision. I'm guessing they want to put names to faces, but I have no idea what kind of questions will be asked. Anybody know? is this a new thing that USC is doing?

If it's using MYCOLLEGEi like the OP mentioned, I think you upload a video, meaning you can write out a thoughtful answer and deliver it to the camera at your own pace.

Postby 071816 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:33 am

helloperson wrote:
chimp wrote:
helloperson wrote:

Yes and I'm really confused about what it entails. People on the waitlist basically have 3 minutes to answer 2 out of 3 questions asked on webcam that supposedly helps the admissions committee make a decision. I'm guessing they want to put names to faces, but I have no idea what kind of questions will be asked. Anybody know? is this a new thing that USC is doing?

If it's using MYCOLLEGEi like the OP mentioned, I think you upload a video, meaning you can write out a thoughtful answer and deliver it to the camera at your own pace.

It would be cool if they gave time to brainstorm an answer and record a response, but I wonder what they would ask and what purpose it would serve other than allowing applicants to prove that they aren't inarticulate morons.

fatedreality

Postby fatedreality » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:22 am

It would be cool if they gave time to brainstorm an answer and record a response, but I wonder what they would ask and what purpose it would serve other than allowing applicants to prove that they aren't inarticulate morons.

They want to round out their class with some pretty faces :lol:

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:55 am

Def something to be said for that

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 pm

helloperson wrote:If it's using MYCOLLEGEi like the OP mentioned, I think you upload a video, meaning you can write out a thoughtful answer and deliver it to the camera at your own pace.

God I hope this is true. If so, I'm submitting a bigtime F*ck You For WLing Me Video.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Total attractiveness screen IMO

Superficial

Postby Superficial » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm

You must be white.

or

You must be a very attractive ethnic chick.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Superficial wrote:You must be white.

or

You must be a very attractive ethnic chick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Pc1aca ... re=related

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Has anyone else taken a look at the questions yet? I just created an account and the questions they ask seem a bit strange. I've got some brainstorming to do before I record my responses...

Edit: The original email said we needed to choose 2 out of 3 possible questions to answer, but on the mycollegei site USC gives 4 possible questions. Weird. I guess they decided to add another.

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:43 pm

What are the questions?

Postby 071816 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 pm

apple1234 wrote:What are the questions?

The questions are (pick 2 of 4):

If we were to meet with your supervisor, and/or faculty member with whom you have had the closest interaction, and ask them what qualities make you a strong candidate for law school, what would they say?

What is the most challenging situation you have ever encountered, and how did you deal with it?

What do you view as your most significant accomplishment and why?

If you could not pursue a career as an attorney, what profession would you pursue and why?

WhoAmI

Postby WhoAmI » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Is answering the last question a bad idea? I don't want them to think I'm too comfortable not being an attorney.

sold123

Postby sold123 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:11 pm

When do they email you the link to the website? Still haven't received the email, Waitlisted yesterday.

Postby 071816 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:39 pm

sold123 wrote:When do they email you the link to the website? Still haven't received the email, Waitlisted yesterday.

I believe you are sent a link when they receive your filled out and signed waitlist form. That's how it worked for me anyway.

sold123

Postby sold123 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm

chimp wrote:
sold123 wrote:When do they email you the link to the website? Still haven't received the email, Waitlisted yesterday.

I believe you are sent a link when they receive your filled out and signed waitlist form. That's how it worked for me anyway.

Thanks. That's what I figured, as I was waitlisted Friday and sent in page on Friday.

Pubica

Postby Pubica » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:59 pm

YAY!

I guess the adcoms liked my talking nipple video! Risky but paid off!

Postby 071816 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Pubica wrote:YAY!

I guess the adcoms liked my talking nipple video! Risky but paid off!

Yikes...

Postby 071816 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Anyone submitted their video yet?

Edit: I submitted mine recently. Glad to have it overwith and I hope the admissions committee likes it. I hope I didn't come across as a jackass LOL

fatedreality

Postby fatedreality » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 am

chimp wrote:Anyone submitted their video yet?

Edit: I submitted mine recently. Glad to have it overwith and I hope the admissions committee likes it. I hope I didn't come across as a jackass LOL

Just submitted mine. Them sending us that reminder email yesterday filled me with a sense of urgency lol. But yay for getting that done!! The only real identifying thing mycollegi was using was our email address right? So I assume the adcoms are just gonna start watching whatever's in the queue as the videos come in..

Postby 071816 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:09 am

fatedreality wrote:
chimp wrote:Anyone submitted their video yet?

Just submitted mine. Them sending us that reminder email yesterday filled me with a sense of urgency lol. But yay for getting that done!! The only real identifying thing mycollegi was using was our email address right? So I assume the adcoms are just gonna start watching whatever's in the queue as the videos come in..

I would assume so. Good luck to you all!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”