ONU (Ohio Northern)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sarahc06

ONU (Ohio Northern)

Postby sarahc06 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:24 pm

I recently got accepted to Ohio Northern and found out by Dean giving me a phone call. However, today, my fiance checked his status checker and received "decision rendered" with the deposit information/deadlines posted on the online status checker... But he didn't receive a phone call. I would assume he got in if they posted the deadlines for the seat deposits on his online status checker, but am worried that he didn't get a phone call. Anyone out there get accepted to Ohio Northern but didn't receive a phone call? Or anyone out there get rejected or waitlisted but had the seat deposit information listed on the online status?

jpjpporter

Re: ONU (Ohio Northern)

Postby jpjpporter » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 pm

He should be in, that is how they informed me. congrats! I got a letter in the mail a few days after my status checker changed.

sarahc06

Postby sarahc06 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:24 pm

jpjpporter wrote:He should be in, that is how they informed me. congrats! I got a letter in the mail a few days after my status checker changed.

Yay! Thanks!

Joe Crownpoint

Postby Joe Crownpoint » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I got a "decision rendered" status a day or two ago and a phone call today. so it may take a day or two to get the call.

jmill

Postby jmill » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Getting an acceptance phone call is rare, with all schools.

On another note, how wise it for you and your fiance to go to the same law school? Seems like it would create a lot of competition and jealousy within the relationship. One person might start to resent the other for doing better and getting better opportunities.

sarahc06

Postby sarahc06 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Joe Crownpoint wrote:I got a "decision rendered" status a day or two ago and a phone call today. so it may take a day or two to get the call.

Ok... well, maybe he'll get one within the next few days then... Thanks!

sarahc06

Postby sarahc06 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:30 pm

jmill wrote:On another note, how wise it for you and your fiance to go to the same law school? Seems like it would create a lot of competition and jealousy within the relationship. One person might start to resent the other for doing better and getting better opportunities.

...Not that I really think that is at all relevant, but believe me, we've considered that. We've decided it's more important for us to risk the competition than it is for us risking a long term relationship... Especially as we'll be married after our 1L year.

jmill

Postby jmill » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 pm

sarahc06 wrote:
jmill wrote:On another note, how wise it for you and your fiance to go to the same law school? Seems like it would create a lot of competition and jealousy within the relationship. One person might start to resent the other for doing better and getting better opportunities.

...Not that I really think that is at all relevant, but believe me, we've considered that. We've decided it's more important for us to risk the competition than it is for us risking a long term relationship... Especially as we'll be married after our 1L year.

Well then good for you. Hope all works out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”