Is This Legal? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RichardGere

New

Is This Legal?

Post by RichardGere » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:01 am

So here's my story.

I did OK on the LSAT, but not as great as I'm capable of, but I still got admitted to a top-40 law school (yay I guess). My plan is to pay my enrollment fee to this school that I got into in 2 weeks weeks and then take the June LSAT -- if I do very well (170+) I'll take a year off and reapply next cycle, and if I don't I'll just attend law school in the fall at this school I was accepted to.

Is this legal? Can I take the LSAT after paying my enrollment fee to a law school? How risky is this?

YankeesFan

Silver

Re: Is This Legal?

Post by YankeesFan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 am

Yea you can, just realize that your second seat deposit will probably be due before the June LSAT score comes out.

aknecht

Bronze

Post by aknecht » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 am

of course. you'll just have to be able to walk away from that money.

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I see you switched shoes...

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Yes, in fact a lot of people do this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm doing the same thing. You can apply for fafsa, get your reward letter, pay the deposits, and pretty much do everything as if you were preparing to start classes in the fall. However, if you do well on the lsat, you do not need to accept the financial aid packet, you may decline admission, and you will forfeit your seat deposit. That being said, think of that couple hundred bucks as insurance. In my case, I do need to get a 170+ to take a year off. If I get a 165-167 it will look great and it will give me a full ride at the institution I'm looking at, but it would not get me into T14. So right now I'm looking at T14 or bust. Bust being a free ride to TTT.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:24 pm

If you did well, you could also ask the school to which you paid your deposits to reconsider your application and possibly award more merit money.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”