LSAT < = 153?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
jmill wrote:I've been accepted places (T2/T3/T4) with a 150 LSAT. Surprisingly even waitlisted at UT and American.


With a 150 and 3.1, you must have cured a rare disease to have been WL'd at UT. Good on ya.


He's a URM.

mettasutta
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 am

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby mettasutta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:13 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
jmill wrote:I've been accepted places (T2/T3/T4) with a 150 LSAT. Surprisingly even waitlisted at UT and American.


With a 150 and 3.1, you must have cured a rare disease to have been WL'd at UT. Good on ya.


He's a URM.


Even if URM, 150/3.1 is auto-ding for UT. Must have something else going for him/her.

LAallday
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby LAallday » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:25 pm

TLS, can i get some advice:

153/3.82/ UCLA (poli sci) graduated Cum Laude and honors all 4 years, graduated 2010 and Ive been working full time for 2 (going on 3) years as a legal assistant in an Intellectual Property Firm. Good LoR's and application should be strong (aside from LSAT), [non-URM]

with the drop in apps, how do i look for Fall 2013 in CA schools?

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby kerflux » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:There is just a huge difference between a 147 and a 160. The kids the have a shot at competing at the schools you want to go to are getting 160's. I hope "doing better" is mid 150's and not 147.

You come across as a very sincere and thoughtful person and if I had a 136 I would hope we could be friends at whatever law school would accept us regardless of whether or not we would both be condemned to living in section 8 housing the rest of our lives.


This post literally made me laugh out loud... I can't really imagine what tone was meant to be expressed, but jesus... the one I applied to it made it hilarious

arae13
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby arae13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 pm

non-URM, low 150s LSAT/3.8 GPA, accepted to several T2s with $$. Strong softs, strong LORs, previous legal experience.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:54 pm

arae13 wrote:non-URM, low 150s LSAT/3.8 GPA, accepted to several T2s with $$. Strong softs, strong LORs, previous legal experience.


are you planning on retaking? If not, you really should. 3.8 is an AWESOME gpa, and you shouldn't waste it on a low 150s. With just like 3 months of studying, most people can be above 160. The problem is that most people don't even know to study. I went from 155 to a 164, and if you're capable of studying your way to a 3.8, I'm sure you'll be able to get your lsat score up.

lawschoolnumbers.com is a helpful resource.

arae13
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby arae13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm

mattviphky wrote:
arae13 wrote:non-URM, low 150s LSAT/3.8 GPA, accepted to several T2s with $$. Strong softs, strong LORs, previous legal experience.


are you planning on retaking? If not, you really should. 3.8 is an AWESOME gpa, and you shouldn't waste it on a low 150s. With just like 3 months of studying, most people can be above 160. The problem is that most people don't even know to study. I went from 155 to a 164, and if you're capable of studying your way to a 3.8, I'm sure you'll be able to get your lsat score up.

lawschoolnumbers.com is a helpful resource.


Hey thanks for the words of encouragement instead of being a dick like most people on here. I went back and forth about retaking but ended up riding out a waitlist at a T2 and got in after a school visit/meeting with the dean of admissions. I've already taken the test twice, improving 5 points my second time around (I had a medical issue the first time). At this point, with so much already invested in my chosen school (seat deposits, required readings, books, apartment), I can't see myself turning back.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: LSAT < = 153?

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:47 pm

arae13 wrote:
mattviphky wrote:
arae13 wrote:non-URM, low 150s LSAT/3.8 GPA, accepted to several T2s with $$. Strong softs, strong LORs, previous legal experience.


are you planning on retaking? If not, you really should. 3.8 is an AWESOME gpa, and you shouldn't waste it on a low 150s. With just like 3 months of studying, most people can be above 160. The problem is that most people don't even know to study. I went from 155 to a 164, and if you're capable of studying your way to a 3.8, I'm sure you'll be able to get your lsat score up.

lawschoolnumbers.com is a helpful resource.


Hey thanks for the words of encouragement instead of being a dick like most people on here. I went back and forth about retaking but ended up riding out a waitlist at a T2 and got in after a school visit/meeting with the dean of admissions. I've already taken the test twice, improving 5 points my second time around (I had a medical issue the first time). At this point, with so much already invested in my chosen school (seat deposits, required readings, books, apartment), I can't see myself turning back.



Best of luck. If you don't mind sharing, where are you attending, and how much did they offer?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 170orDie, Bing [Bot], hammy393, NotAGolfer, thg1870, Yahoo [Bot], yuppitsme and 19 guests