CU/NYU Sticker vs. GULC PILS Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NYCorDC

New

CU/NYU Sticker vs. GULC PILS

Post by NYCorDC » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:06 pm

hey all, first time poster looking for some advice on cu/nyu at sticker vs gulc as a public interest law scholar. i'd like to do internationally-oriented work when i graduate and all three schools have a substantial portfolio of courses and clinics related to my interests. columbia and nyu were tops on my list when i sent in my applications but since i got into gulc earlier in the season i spent lots of time reading up on its professors, clinics, etc. and realized that it would also be an amazing place to study. and now with the pils offer i feel like i'd be a fool to not go. the help with tuition is a nice bonus of course but i'm most attracted to the fact that it would mean being closely connected to a network of like-minded students, alum and professors right from the start. i know i could likely create/find something like that at cu/nyu but it's nice to already have something more structured to walk into - along with the special recognition that comes along with being a scholar.

i sound pretty 100% decided on gulc right now, don't i? i think it's because i'm still on such on a huge high from the pils offer. i know i need to sleep on it too but i was hoping for some inputs to help me process a bit more.

oh, and i have five days to accept or decline the pils offer.

NYCorDC

New

Re: CU/NYU Sticker vs. GULC PILS

Post by NYCorDC » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 pm

bump

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:48 pm

How much does the PILS offer deduct from tuition. Is it a full scholly? If so, go to GULC.

NYCorDC

New

Post by NYCorDC » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 pm

oops, left that out. it only deducts 1/3 from tuition. and i still need to ask if could get other merit-based money although i'm presuming the answer is no and i'd have to top it off with need-based aid.

SupraVln180 wrote:How much does the PILS offer deduct from tuition. Is it a full scholly? If so, go to GULC.

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:01 am

You will probably get more answers if you post your question in the "Choosing a Law School" forum: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

NYCorDC

New

Post by NYCorDC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 am

done, thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”