full tuition support thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Andrzej

Re: full tuition support thread

Postby Andrzej » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 pm

100000 U.S.A dollar is 283579.42 polish zloty. with that much zloty i could buy all

chopin vodka
ston vodka
turi vodka
wyborowa vodka
imperia vodka
ultimat vodka
stolichnaya vodka
:lol:

we could throw party with prostitue and still have zloty to buy seat in council of ministers. :lol:

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 pm

If I get no aid whatsoever from my current top choice and I take out a little more per year than what they have listed as COA, I get this from the finaid calculator:

"If you use 15% of your gross monthly income to repay the loan, you will need an annual salary of only $207,144.80, but you may experience some financial difficulty."

FML

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 pm

ku1185 wrote:If I get no aid whatsoever from my current top choice and I take out a little more per year than what they have listed as COA, I get this from the finaid calculator:

"If you use 15% of your gross monthly income to repay the loan, you will need an annual salary of only $207,144.80, but you may experience some financial difficulty."

FML

Its like the guy who gets on the scale, but it says "error". Its trying to give you a hint without being too blunt :)

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 pm

ku1185 wrote:If I get no aid whatsoever from my current top choice and I take out a little more per year than what they have listed as COA, I get this from the finaid calculator:

FML

This looks like a job for IBR!

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Justathought wrote:

FML

This looks like a job for IBR!

<3

ashrh01

Postby ashrh01 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Flett wrote:All I can think is, "Please please please let IBR, especially the Public Service option, still exist when I need it." :?

I think it will. This sums it up better than I could:

Anonymous Loser wrote:The IBR program was voted in under a Republican administration with broad bipartisan support. It's hard to imagine a situation where cutting the program--particularly as it relates to public interest positions--is going to be politically viable. Teachers, law enforcement officers, health-care professionals and many other similarly situated individuals benefit from the program, which represents only a minute fraction of the federal budget. Moreover, the IBR program was funded by eliminating subsidies to private lenders participating in the FFEL lending program. Overall, in light of the fact that there are so many more programs that could be cut while yielding greater savings with less political fallout, it seems unlikely that the IBR program will become a target.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=149722

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 pm

ashrh01 wrote:
Flett wrote:All I can think is, "Please please please let IBR, especially the Public Service option, still exist when I need it." :?

I think it will. This sums it up better than I could:

Anonymous Loser wrote:The IBR program was voted in under a Republican administration with broad bipartisan support. It's hard to imagine a situation where cutting the program--particularly as it relates to public interest positions--is going to be politically viable. Teachers, law enforcement officers, health-care professionals and many other similarly situated individuals benefit from the program, which represents only a minute fraction of the federal budget. Moreover, the IBR program was funded by eliminating subsidies to private lenders participating in the FFEL lending program. Overall, in light of the fact that there are so many more programs that could be cut while yielding greater savings with less political fallout, it seems unlikely that the IBR program will become a target.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=149722

This is comforting

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Andrzej wrote:100000 U.S.A dollar is 283579.42 polish zloty. with that much zloty i could buy all

chopin vodka
ston vodka
turi vodka
wyborowa vodka
imperia vodka
ultimat vodka
stolichnaya vodka
:lol:

we could throw party with prostitue and still have zloty to buy seat in council of ministers. :lol:

This is an option i can get my head around....

It would also be one epic party ( drinking fountain of just vodka for the win)

samaside

Postby samaside » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Thankfully I only applied to schools that cost on average $25K OOS and significantly less for in state. So I'll only be looking at like $80K in debt. :P

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:11 pm

samaside wrote:Thankfully I only applied to schools that cost on average $25K OOS and significantly less for in state. So I'll only be looking at like $80K in debt. :P

GTFO. Quit rubbing it in! =(

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 pm

samaside wrote:Thankfully I only applied to schools that cost on average $25K OOS and significantly less for in state. So I'll only be looking at like $80K in debt. :P

theres the door- dont let it hit you on your way out!!!!!!!!!

( just kidding of course)

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I had a minor panic attack about paying full tuition last night. There are some schools that I could justify the cost to myself, but I've been waitlisted at all of them. Now my law school choice is basically based on whether I really want to pay full tuition at Georgetown. (Unless I miraculously get off of a waitlist...)

innernetp

Postby innernetp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm weighing paying between 150-200 versus nothing. I sound like a crazy person but as all of y'all know it's a very personal decision. I still need to do some visiting and even more excel data crunching.

If I pay nothing, I get to be a sugar momma, and that's cool. I could even be a PI sugar momma kinda-sorta. If I go into 150k of debt I will be in debt until I literally am a momma.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 pm

RTFM wrote:I had a minor panic attack about paying full tuition last night. There are some schools that I could justify the cost to myself, but I've been waitlisted at all of them. Now my law school choice is basically based on whether I really want to pay full tuition at Georgetown. (Unless I miraculously get off of a waitlist...)

What about Cornell?

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 pm

innernetp wrote:I'm weighing paying between 150-200 versus nothing. I sound like a crazy person but as all of y'all know it's a very personal decision. I still need to do some visiting and even more excel data crunching.

If I pay nothing, I get to be a sugar momma, and that's cool. I could even be a PI sugar momma kinda-sorta. If I go into 150k of debt I will be in debt until I literally am a momma.

No debt. Then be my sugar momma.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:06 am

so what's the lowest rank schools people are considering full tuition?

40s here.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am

a school in a city i would love to live in for the rest of my life

samaside

Postby samaside » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 am

Ugh, unfortunately so far every school I've applied to regardless of the ranking.

I applied super late after my LSAT score magically jumped up nine points the second time around. So I had to limit myself to schools that either a.) weren't that expensive for OOS or b.) let you become an instate resident after a year or, in some cases, a year and a half. I could wait another cycle and hope for scholarships but... I don't know. I just really don't want to wait another year. It would be practical moneywise but impractical when it came to my sanity or the sanity of my family. Besides, as I said, most of the schools I'm looking at wouldn't put me that much in debt anyway so I could probably cope.

Alabama is the one exception to that rule. I would pay out the ass to go there, I really would. I was raised in an Alabama house hold and have bled crimson since I was born.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 am

This thread looks like home to. Probably gonna be at NYU at full tuition + that crazy COL. Can't get much more expensive than that. I've got some savings, but not enough to put much more than a drop in this giant bucket of debt.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
RTFM wrote:I had a minor panic attack about paying full tuition last night. There are some schools that I could justify the cost to myself, but I've been waitlisted at all of them. Now my law school choice is basically based on whether I really want to pay full tuition at Georgetown. (Unless I miraculously get off of a waitlist...)

What about Cornell?

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:03 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

What about Cornell?

Love it.

I think, for no real reason whatsoever, that I'd rather go to Georgetown than Cornell. (I'm actually going to do my research in the upcoming weeks). But UIllinois sure is looking good with their guaranteed scholarship and all...

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 am

I really hope CCN is worth sticker...

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 am

bhan87 wrote:I really hope CCN is worth sticker...

+ a million

Lisi

Postby Lisi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:02 am

subtle wrote:
bhan87 wrote:I really hope CCN is worth sticker...

+ a million

+ a million and one

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:05 am

:)

*reassured*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”