full tuition support thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bildungsroman

Re: full tuition support thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:27 pm

jtemp320 wrote:If I pay full tuition it'll be at Columbia over two T14 full rides... (insane I know)

Subtle. :roll:

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:If I pay full tuition it'll be at Columbia over two T14 full rides... (insane I know)

Subtle. :roll:

:oops: that came off pretty obnoxious...

I just meant that I am considering making a dumb impractical decision that will probably end badly no matter the caliber of the school...definitely sounded pretty arrogant :( I apoligize

bsm909

Postby bsm909 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Love the thread! So funny. Happy its not dominated by people saying we shouldn't even be going if we can't get money to go. I'm really hoping for someone to start actually offering scholarships to law students like all the millions for undergrad or just have to find a job that will include tuition reimbursement for this and my masters degree debt. Just painful! Maybe we will have to start a community of box living lawyers somewhere so we at least can have educated neighbors.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:40 pm

If I pay sticker it will be for Yale...id take a full scholly at NYU over taking out the loans.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 pm

In this base. Honestly I'm too busy worrying about getting into a good school rather than the crushing debt in 3 years. Thankfully I have no UG debt due to parents, but I'm footing this one now.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Anyone still paying off their student loans for undergrad?

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Anyone still paying off their student loans for undergrad?

+1

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

I have a little UG debt; less than 1/10 of what I'll be taking out for law schools, and that's best case scenario.

Mr_Brightside

Postby Mr_Brightside » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:26 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Anyone still paying off their student loans for undergrad?

+1. This thread makes me not hate my life decisions so much.

restless

Postby restless » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:27 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

+1

I am, but they will be fully paid off in two weeks (finally). Really pushed for a clean slate before law school.

slax

Postby slax » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148064&hilit=support+for+six+figure+debt+plunge

Thought I saw something similar, so did a search for the title I remembered. Here are more friends.

powerlawyer06

Postby powerlawyer06 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Checking in. I am looking at full sticker at one of the most expensive schools in the nation. I have scholarships from other schools but I can't talk myself into going anywhere else. I have some savings to live off of during law school so debt won't be as bad as it could be but I am scared.

If I strike out at Big Law my plan is to move to Panama to avoid the debt. It is a beautiful country that is friendly to Americans with a low cost of living.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 pm

I need a Sugar Momma.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm thinking of paying in-state full tuition for UC Hastings. Luckily I can live at home while I'm there to minimize all extra costs. I have schollys at other schools, but I really want to be in SF :(

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm almost 30 and will be going into debt for the first time in my life. I grew up in a household where money was an issue and worked my way through college in order to avoid debt. Signing those loan documents is going to be sickening. Rationally, I know that it's the right choice, but it goes against every impulse I have.

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I need a Sugar Momma.

+1

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:44 pm

ilovesf wrote:I'm thinking of paying in-state full tuition for UC Hastings. Luckily I can live at home while I'm there to minimize all extra costs. I have schollys at other schools, but I really want to be in SF :(

I've been wanting to go to UC Hastings for so long now. I may end up transferring in, but who knows? My family and I have been paying state taxes for years now. I want a piece of the action.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:50 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I've been wanting to go to UC Hastings for so long now. I may end up transferring in, but who knows? My family and I have been paying state taxes for years now. I want a piece of the action.

Yeah I've seen you on the Hastings thread - you're still waiting to hear back right? Good luck!

fragged

Postby fragged » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm willing to pay sticker as long as my degree will get me a reservation at Dorsia.

cool of law

Postby cool of law » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:53 pm

fragged wrote:I'm willing to pay sticker as long as my degree will get me a reservation at Dorsia.

+1 .

I need to return some videotapes

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:56 pm

cool of law wrote:
fragged wrote:I'm willing to pay sticker as long as my degree will get me a reservation at Dorsia.

+1 .

I need to return some videotapes

+9000

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Who says we'll be stuck paying student loans the rest of our lives? Here's some alternatives:

a) Move to a foreign country where American creditors can't legally pursue you.
b) Fake your own death and assume a new identity.
c) Actually die and hope for a decent afterlife, or at least one without Sallie Mae.
d) Be like Solidus from Metal Gear Solid 2. He wanted to set off a nuclear device in the atmosphere to destroy all electronic records and data. If you could do this and ensure that there are no hard copies of your loan records in existence, then you would have a clean slate!

ku1185

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Who says we'll be stuck paying student loans the rest of our lives? Here's some alternatives:

c) Actually die and hope for a decent afterlife, or at least one without Sallie Mae.
d) Be like Solidus from Metal Gear Solid 2. He wanted to set off a nuclear device in the atmosphere to destroy all electronic records and data. If you could do this and ensure that there are no hard copies of your loan records in existence, then you would have a clean slate!

you forgot:
e) win the lotto
f) become a movie star
g) get rich, or die trying.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:05 pm

The Gentleman wrote:Who says we'll be stuck paying student loans the rest of our lives? Here's some alternatives:

I seriously lol'd at C.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:07 pm

That cupcake truck idea seemed to work out well for that guy from NYLS. A lot of people are all focused on a career in Biglaw, Midlaw, Public Interest, Government, Business, or Academia. Ask yourself this - Which law school has the market cornered on cupcake truck placement? Something to consider, people.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:10 pm

ilovesf wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I've been wanting to go to UC Hastings for so long now. I may end up transferring in, but who knows? My family and I have been paying state taxes for years now. I want a piece of the action.

Yeah I've seen you on the Hastings thread - you're still waiting to hear back right? Good luck!

Yep, still waiting. Good luck to you to. I'm pretty sure that anybody who works at UC Hastings who reads TLS will correctly identify me now that I've posted in that thread. I'm glad I haven't been a complete jerk on this site. :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”