full tuition support thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
suspicious android

Re: full tuition support thread

Postby suspicious android » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

For some reason today I started stressing out so much my stomach hurts. I'm looking at sticker for GULC or UVA, maybe Berkeley if I get off the waitlist. Started feeling crappy when I compared LRAPs and figured UVA's kinda sucks compared to GULC and Berkeley, only problem is I don't really like GULC.

Then I started thinking about how I actually really enjoy my job and make (to me) plenty of money right now. It's completely dead end and I can't imagine doing it for 20 years, but right now.. but I'm getting older and if I want a real career, I need to move on.. to $180,000 in debt. I hate debt, I hate being poor, I hate having to worry about spending $250 on a plane ticket if I want to go visit friends for a weekend, none of which I have to do now, but I will for probably the next decade if I do this. Don't know..

abonda01

Postby abonda01 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 pm

suspicious android wrote:Then I started thinking about how I actually really enjoy my job and make (to me) plenty of money right now. It's completely dead end and I can't imagine doing it for 20 years, but right now.. but I'm getting older and if I want a real career, I need to move on.. to $180,000 in debt. I hate debt, I hate being poor, I hate having to worry about spending $250 on a plane ticket if I want to go visit friends for a weekend, none of which I have to do now, but I will for probably the next decade if I do this. Don't know..

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

abonda01

Postby abonda01 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Well, minus the enjoying your job or making much money part...

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:11 pm

abonda01 wrote:
suspicious android wrote:Then I started thinking about how I actually really enjoy my job and make (to me) plenty of money right now. It's completely dead end and I can't imagine doing it for 20 years, but right now.. but I'm getting older and if I want a real career, I need to move on.. to $180,000 in debt. I hate debt, I hate being poor, I hate having to worry about spending $250 on a plane ticket if I want to go visit friends for a weekend, none of which I have to do now, but I will for probably the next decade if I do this. Don't know..

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Jaysus Christ.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Bumped for looming storm.

transfer123

Postby transfer123 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:38 pm

If you think paying full tuition is bad now...

Just wait until you actually begin class, and find out there are people who are idiots (many of them 20 years old or younger) who are receiving full tuition scholarships + living expenses.

We have one girl who is receiving this grand package (which by the way, has no requirements for grades) and she is living for free at a family's abandoned apartment. So she is pocketing the money from the school (i.e. - the $35,000 the rest of us are paying). In essence she is making a profit off of going to law school. And she has the audacity to brag about it.

And this girl finished in the middle 50% after first semester. So just wait...

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:50 pm

transfer123 wrote:If you think paying full tuition is bad now...

Just wait until you actually begin class, and find out there are people who are idiots (many of them 20 years old or younger) who are receiving full tuition scholarships + living expenses.

We have one girl who is receiving this grand package (which by the way, has no requirements for grades) and she is living for free at a family's abandoned apartment. So she is pocketing the money from the school (i.e. - the $35,000 the rest of us are paying). In essence she is making a profit off of going to law school. And she has the audacity to brag about it.

If I was making money while attending law school I'd be blowing money on activities that would be detrimental to my grades too. Though, I don't think I'd be bragging about it.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:54 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:

If I was making money while attending law school I'd be blowing money on activities that would be detrimental to my grades too. Though, I don't think I'd be bragging about it.

subtle

Postby subtle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:14 pm

My parents made money at UT when they went. I sadly will not be making money on law school when I go. :(

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:30 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

This describes my comment perfectly in gif form

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”