Trinity College

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cache7

Trinity College

Postby Cache7 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Did anyone go to Trinity College undergrad who is considering UCONN Law?

gtrwanka

Re: Trinity College

Postby gtrwanka » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm

When I first saw this I was perplexed to see Camp TrinTrin on this forum!

I applied and I am waiting... but things dont look too hot. I applied pretty late due to a late LOR from a trinity professor. I think Uconn is an excellent choice if you want to stay in CT area. I know at least 2 Trinity grads (class of 08) who are there now.

Cache7

Postby Cache7 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 am

The reason I ask is that my daughter was also accepted to Villanova which is a beautiful campus. Since being accepted there, she has received a lot of follow-up including an email from a Trinity student saying how they loved Villanova. I would love to hear from Trin grads who went to UNCONN law. I assume you haven't heard anything yet? The only school my daughter hasn't heard from is UNC. If you haven't heard I don't think that's neccessarily a bad thing. Anyone who was a clear rejection was most likely already notified. I assume you're a Senior? What kind of numbers did you have? My daughter was 160/3.7. She probably should have retaken the LSAT, since she really wanted to be at UPENN or Georgetown. Where else are you looking?

soxfan08

Postby soxfan08 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:08 am

I'm a Trinity alum. I was accepted to UConn but chose to attend elsewhere (W&M). I can tell you why I didn't pick UConn, if that helps. Although UConn is obviously in a much better neighborhood than Trin, it still is right on the boarder of some bad Hartford neighborhoods, and I didn't want to deal with 3 more years living around areas like that. UConn also doesn't give out much in scholarships (I think they offered in-state tuition but that was it), whereas the school I picked is higher ranked and gave much more money. I also wanted to work in a big city (ie not Hartford), and UConn doesn't place too well in Boston or NYC, as it is behind many schools located in those cities. I guess if your daughter wants to stay in CT, UConn is a good option. I do know there are at least 2 Trinity alums that are 3Ls at UConn now (they were class of 08 I think), but I don't know much about their experiences. I've been contacted by 3 current Trin students about my school, so it seems like there is quite the network developing.

gtrwanka

Postby gtrwanka » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 am

Cache7 wrote:The reason I ask is that my daughter was also accepted to Villanova which is a beautiful campus. Since being accepted there, she has received a lot of follow-up including an email from a Trinity student saying how they loved Villanova. I would love to hear from Trin grads who went to UNCONN law. I assume you haven't heard anything yet? The only school my daughter hasn't heard from is UNC. If you haven't heard I don't think that's neccessarily a bad thing. Anyone who was a clear rejection was most likely already notified. I assume you're a Senior? What kind of numbers did you have? My daughter was 160/3.7. She probably should have retaken the LSAT, since she really wanted to be at UPENN or Georgetown. Where else are you looking?

Congrats on your daughter's success. I am an alumni (08) and my lsat was the same as hers. My GPA was lower because of an immediate family death. So for me, UCONN can go either way depending on the admins review of my personal statements &c. Im looking to stay in the New England area and I've been given offers from Pace, New Hampshire, Quinnipiac, New England and Hofstra. I am waiting on Suffolk, Uconn and Northeastern. I wish I had applied to higher ranked schools since I have been accepted to all the ones I have applied to so far, but the remaining law schools in MA, CT and NY are top ranked, and because of my lower GPA I decided to save my money.

Because I am a CT resident UCONN would be an excellent choice given the instate tuition. I currently reside in West Hartford, 10 minutes away from the campus, and I think its an excellent area to study. You have plenty of restaurants/bars/night life, but also the peace and quiet to focus on studying. As an additional plus, you can find a nice apartment in West Hartford and get away from Hartford. I obviously can't attest to the university's program as of now, but from what I gather it really is an excellent program, especially if she is planning to stay in CT.

MMags

Postby MMags » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 am

Great to see other Trinity people on the forums.

Current senior probably going to Cornell (may change as WL at Columbia/Penn)

Didn't look at UCONN since I knew I wanted NYC Biglaw. But their law campus is beautiful - former Hartford Seminary.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi other Trins!

I'm an old Trin (class of '06). I PMed the OP, but UConn is a consideration for me as well - it's not the best ranked school I've been accepted to, but for the cost in-state and the fact that I may want to work in New England, it's definitely being considered. My tour guide said a lot of Trins end up there (but it's way closer to West Hartford than Trin, which is a +, IMO).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”