Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
atlantisdan
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby atlantisdan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:28 pm

I received a brochure today that was telling me I owed to my self to prepare properly for law school by enlisting in this summer program. The program supposively teaches you how to be a law school student.

I really kinda think this is a goofy program designed to prey on students who have uncertainty with law school. Seems to me if we make it into law school, we already know how to be a good student.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone else had heard from these guys and if they are taking them anymore seriously than I am.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby bdubs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:31 pm

I was told by a 3L that law preview was helpful if you weren't familiar with law school. He said that he felt like students whose parents or relatives were attorneys were advantaged relative to those who were totally inexperienced with what to expect out of the school experience (particularly first semester 1L).

That being said, you are on TLS so you probably already know half of what they are going to tell you....(i.e. 1L grades are really important, you need to take practice exams, study smart not study hard, etc...) Although the course apparently included practice exams and mock classes, so he said he felt better prepared.

User avatar
gothamm
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby gothamm » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:24 pm

thanks for this^

i might consider it.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 am

bdubs wrote:That being said, you are on TLS so you probably already know half of what they are going to tell you....(i.e. 1L grades are really important, you need to take practice exams, study smart not study hard, etc...) Although the course apparently included practice exams and mock classes, so he said he felt better prepared.

Is there a thread out there of current law students giving study tips? I'd like to read that, and search didn't help too much.

User avatar
atlantisdan
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby atlantisdan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 am

jwmalone87 wrote:
bdubs wrote:That being said, you are on TLS so you probably already know half of what they are going to tell you....(i.e. 1L grades are really important, you need to take practice exams, study smart not study hard, etc...) Although the course apparently included practice exams and mock classes, so he said he felt better prepared.

Is there a thread out there of current law students giving study tips? I'd like to read that, and search didn't help too much.


I would also like to know what some of the major differences are going to be. I plan to bust my butt and do my best, but don't really know what to expect. Of course I'm not going to pay a summer seminar a cple g's to preview generically law school.

User avatar
Longhorn88
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby Longhorn88 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:42 am

Just our of curiosity, how much money are they asking for in return for material that could be gleaned out of a book in an afternoon?

User avatar
gothamm
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby gothamm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 am

$1095

princeton review alumn get $100 off. An absolute steal.

User avatar
atlantisdan
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby atlantisdan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:50 am

Think Ill pass...

User avatar
nshapkar
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby nshapkar » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:05 am

jwmalone87 wrote:
bdubs wrote:That being said, you are on TLS so you probably already know half of what they are going to tell you....(i.e. 1L grades are really important, you need to take practice exams, study smart not study hard, etc...) Although the course apparently included practice exams and mock classes, so he said he felt better prepared.

Is there a thread out there of current law students giving study tips? I'd like to read that, and search didn't help too much.



This might help: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118545 --Forgot if it says it in the beginning somewhere but basically dude was a 1l at UCLA, finished first in his class and applied to transfer and got accepted HYS.

Oh and Liverpool is the shit, they fucked Man U. up, Suarez is gonna take the league by storm next season.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:57 am

nshapkar wrote:This might help: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118545 --Forgot if it says it in the beginning somewhere but basically dude was a 1l at UCLA, finished first in his class and applied to transfer and got accepted HYS.

Oh and Liverpool is the shit, they fucked Man U. up, Suarez is gonna take the league by storm next season.

Can't wait to start seeing him and Carroll on the field at the same time. YNWA.

And that link was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby helloperson » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:11 pm

nshapkar wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:
bdubs wrote:That being said, you are on TLS so you probably already know half of what they are going to tell you....(i.e. 1L grades are really important, you need to take practice exams, study smart not study hard, etc...) Although the course apparently included practice exams and mock classes, so he said he felt better prepared.

Is there a thread out there of current law students giving study tips? I'd like to read that, and search didn't help too much.



This might help: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118545 --Forgot if it says it in the beginning somewhere but basically dude was a 1l at UCLA, finished first in his class and applied to transfer and got accepted HYS.

Oh and Liverpool is the shit, they fucked Man U. up, Suarez is gonna take the league by storm next season.


Liverpool's first goal was fucking sick. That guy megged 2 people, cut around another one, then megged the keeper.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Yea, they mailed it to my parent's house (put permanent resident there so they've been getting a ton stuff). Led to them saying how "great" it sounded...

< Not.. interested.. at all

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby stillwater » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:27 pm

atlantisdan wrote:I received a brochure today that was telling me I owed to my self to prepare properly for law school by enlisting in this summer program. The program supposively teaches you how to be a law school student.

I really kinda think this is a goofy program designed to prey on students who have uncertainty with law school. Seems to me if we make it into law school, we already know how to be a good student.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone else had heard from these guys and if they are taking them anymore seriously than I am.


This made me cringe.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm

stillwater wrote:
atlantisdan wrote:I received a brochure today that was telling me I owed to my self to prepare properly for law school by enlisting in this summer program. The program supposively teaches you how to be a law school student.

I really kinda think this is a goofy program designed to prey on students who have uncertainty with law school. Seems to me if we make it into law school, we already know how to be a good student.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone else had heard from these guys and if they are taking them anymore seriously than I am.


This made me cringe.

lol it is an internet forum, relax a little.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18426
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby bk1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 pm


User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 pm


User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby Worker and Parasite » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:41 pm

It sounds like LEEWS

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby dolfan0516 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:Yea, they mailed it to my parent's house (put permanent resident there so they've been getting a ton stuff). Led to them saying how "great" it sounded...

< Not.. interested.. at all


Congrats on screwing with me by posting in a thread that is almost exactly one year old

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Law Preview: Conquer Law School

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 pm

dolfan0516 wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:Yea, they mailed it to my parent's house (put permanent resident there so they've been getting a ton stuff). Led to them saying how "great" it sounded...

< Not.. interested.. at all


Congrats on screwing with me by posting in a thread that is almost exactly one year old

lol damn. I did a quick google search just being curious on it after receiving it today (even though I already knew I wouldn't attend) and this thread came out. I saw the March 11 date and didn't even look at the year, but wasn't "screwing with you." I got one today in the mail




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, cocozhang9950, Exabot [Bot], mse2020, smartmoon, smashbash and 7 guests