Applying a couple years after a rejection

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Applying a couple years after a rejection

Postby sjohnson4382 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:23 pm

I have a couple questions and am looking for advice. First off a little history about me is I live in SC and have worked in the law enforcement field since early 2005. In 2009 I decided to make the jump and wanted to go to law school. Due to travel and family reasons I was restricted to a couPle of schools. My LSAT scores from June 2008 and oct 2008 were 152 and then a 156.(my undergrad gps was a 3.19) I was waitludted at south Carolina and then ultimately rejected. I was accepted at the Charleston school of law and I initially enrolled there, however due to family travel issues I withdrew before school started. At that time I went back to work in the law enforcement field. Since that point I have heavily thought about wanting to go to law school again. Due to the same travel issues I will be limited to south Carolina as my only option this time. I'm looking at applying for fall of next year. Do any of you have advice on what I should change from last time? I was going to get 2 updated LORs and update my resume and statement. I definitely am going to take the LSAT again bit was kind of wanting advice there. Should I only take once more, like maybe October thus year or would it be okay to take it in June and oct or oct and feb? I just don't want too many and them to look at that negatively. Also any other advice?

Re: Applying a couple years after a rejection

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I would take it in June and see how you do.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”