Northeastern....whats going on?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DeeCee

Re: Northeastern....whats going on?

Postby DeeCee » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Jessuf wrote:
Also, I would consider going here at full sticker price but only because I am interested in public interest law. Otherwise - NO WAY

This statement is a little contradictory to me. I liked Northeastern alot, but I decided to go to the school that was cheapest for me because I want to do PI. Northeastern ended up being one of my most expensive options, and I withdrew, because when you want to do PI, debt becomes front and center in realizing your goals.

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Jessuf wrote:I read either on this forum or another one that someone called NEU, asked how many WL apps were bumped up to accepted in the previous year, and they were told 0. Doesn't sound very promising!

Also, I would consider going here at full sticker price but only because I am interested in public interest law. Otherwise - NO WAY

I read that blog too. Thanks for sharing. However, that post was pertaining to the incoming class of 2005. Economy has changed a little since then.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:33 pm

DeeCee wrote:
Jessuf wrote:

This statement is a little contradictory to me. I liked Northeastern alot, but I decided to go to the school that was cheapest for me because I want to do PI. Northeastern ended up being one of my most expensive options, and I withdrew, because when you want to do PI, debt becomes front and center in realizing your goals.

Yep, ditto. I was excited about Northeastern and their coop program and focus on PI. But they offered me no merit aid and I couldn't justify the price. Also, I live in New York and want to come back here, and I'm not sure how NUSL and its no grades/no rankings system would go over here anyway.
So, I mailed my letter notifying them that I'm withdrawing. Good luck to those waiting.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Lawst wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
Jessuf wrote:

Yep, ditto. I was excited about Northeastern and their coop program and focus on PI. But they offered me no merit aid and I couldn't justify the price. Also, I live in New York and want to come back here, and I'm not sure how NUSL and its no grades/no rankings system would go over here anyway.
So, I mailed my letter notifying them that I'm withdrawing. Good luck to those waiting.

You can email a withdrawal, too. I did and they responded right away.

I got a good scholarship, but I also decided not to attend, with an additional reason being the non-grading system. In a rigid field in which grades mean everything, I think not having grades can hurt you and make your degree less portable. I also wanted to practice somewhere other than Boston (DC, for example) and I didn't want to have to rent another place in DC for multiple externships; I calculated the cost of travel and expenses for externships and it really paid for me to just go to school closer to the market I want to be in.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Last edited by jessuf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinlawman

Postby tinlawman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:19 am

Waitlisted today. 170 LSAT and shitty GPA. Forgot I applied.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:48 am

also waitlisted this morning

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 pm

you guys going to wait it out?

tinlawman

Postby tinlawman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:33 pm

singingkris wrote:you guys going to wait it out?

I'm withdrawing on Monday. Going to UMN w/ 18k/yr.

singingkris

Postby singingkris » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 pm

tinlawman wrote:
singingkris wrote:you guys going to wait it out?

I'm withdrawing on Monday. Going to UMN w/ 18k/yr.

Congrats!! Best of luck! :)

Johnny5959

Postby Johnny5959 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Yeah, I was told very few get in off the wait list . I don't think I could go for full price, no matter how much I'd like to...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”