If a school is going to deny you...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alanaleigh14

If a school is going to deny you...

Postby alanaleigh14 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Wouldn't they notify you right away instead of putting it off?

paulinaporizkova

Re: If a school is going to deny you...

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:22 pm

LOLZ. no

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Hell no. They do what is convenient for them and only them. Thee was a school I applied to in late October. The school didn't give me my rejection until late April. Their decision deadline was after some other schools, so I begged them to let me know one way or the other before April 15th so at least I could avoid putting down a needless deposit. Yet they just laughed and blew off my request. Again, its only what benefits them

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:33 pm

You're probably thinking about a school in particular, so I'd suggest going to law school numbers and looking at last year's applicants. The following are not questions I want the answer to, but to guide you in looking for patterns: first off, are you in range or above range in their numbers? Did they seem to quickly reject people who they didn't want or take forever to notify the people they didn't want? Did they take forever for everyone applying at the same time as you or applying in general? Look for patterns about what is going on with that/those school/s by looking at last year's applicants - it probably hasn't changed much.

For me, there is a school that, well, I am not calling any law school a safety school (you never know) and it wasn't really technically anyway, because I was seriously considering them. However, I was above numbers and I looked at LSN and not only will they gladly reject people points above their 75th percentile LSAT with decent GPAs, but they seem to do it in a certain timeframe. They seem to let people who they want and/or perhaps think will ACTUALLY attend know in three to four weeks. It's been six for me and I expect a rejection anytime from now through April because it is my belief through their pattern of acceptances/denials that that's what they will do. Oh well. Guess it wasn't meant to be and we will see what the heavens decide for me as far as law schools and where I live.

In any case, that's them and again, I don't have a decision from them yet. I have seen some schools auto-reject people quickly (within days). So again, look at patterns: this year's applicants and last year's.

alanaleigh14

Postby alanaleigh14 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Wow, that turned out to be great advice and answered my question. Thank you.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”