Waitlist Hell Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
w.ftw

New

Re: Waitlist Hell

Post by w.ftw » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 pm

I am in the worst waitlist hell. I have been admitted to some TTT but none of the schools I want to attend. I have low scores so just applied for PT admission.

WL
Indiana indy (pt)
Lewis and Clark (pt)
Nebraska (ft)
New York law (ft)
South Carolina (ft)

Held
Case western

What is better wl or held? Do I have a shot at any of these schools?

hope11

New

Post by hope11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:40 pm

w.ftw wrote:I am in the worst waitlist hell. I have been admitted to some TTT but none of the schools I want to attend. I have low scores so just applied for PT admission.

WL
Indiana indy (pt)
Lewis and Clark (pt)
Nebraska (ft)
New York law (ft)
South Carolina (ft)

Held
Case western

They're equally bad dude a waitlist means nothing at all ever under any circumstances. It could be a rejection for all they cared maybe they just felt bad rejecting you right away because of something in your history who knows. Either way, the futre looks grim if no one has accepted you yet.

w.ftw

New

Post by w.ftw » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:43 pm

hope11 wrote:
w.ftw wrote:I am in the worst waitlist hell. I have been admitted to some TTT but none of the schools I want to attend. I have low scores so just applied for PT admission.

WL
Indiana indy (pt)
Lewis and Clark (pt)
Nebraska (ft)
New York law (ft)
South Carolina (ft)

Held
Case western

They're equally bad dude a waitlist means nothing at all ever under any circumstances. It could be a rejection for all they cared maybe they just felt bad rejecting you right away because of something in your history who knows. Either way, the futre looks grim if no one has accepted you yet.
Man, this coming from someone named hope... I'm gonna curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:45 pm

WL
Indiana indy (pt)
Lewis and Clark (pt)
Nebraska (ft)
New York law (ft)
South Carolina (ft)

Held
Case western

I heard that held is a little better than a wl, but not by much.
Have you sent out LORs to the schools you would attend on your wl? Or have you written a "why I want to attend you school" essay? Anything diverse or some adversity you might have left out in you application package? Then you can submit a supplemental essay covering new info. Just make sure you spread it out/pace out your ammo.

hope11

New

Post by hope11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:46 pm

w.ftw wrote:
hope11 wrote:

WL
Indiana indy (pt)
Lewis and Clark (pt)
Nebraska (ft)
New York law (ft)
South Carolina (ft)

Held
Case western

Man, this coming from someone named hope... I'm gonna curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep
yes dude hope did I tell you 19 schools rejected me? I should be the only curling up in a ball and shooting myself for getting a retard LSAT score. no seriously.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:46 pm

u could play some warcraft 3 and let time pass by, you are on quite a few WL's so chances of getting off at least 1 of them is good

w.ftw

New

Post by w.ftw » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:50 pm

I forgot to mention that I'm also on the waitlist for Rutgers camden part time.

Mann!!! If I'm kill my self if I don't get into least one of these!

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Man this page is sad. I remember hearing on a different page that schools are waitlisting more students then normal since more students are applying to more schools. As a result they can't decide which students will attend and which ones will not. If that's the case I hope we all get off the waitlists we are on. Anyways here's me

Waitlisted at 3 T1's, 1T2
Acceptance: 1T2
Waiting on one app (applied pretty late)

Looks like I'm going to reapply next year, fuck.
Last edited by tooswolle on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:54 pm

I thought I was crazy for riding two wait lists . . . But man, this thread has me beat.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:56 pm

neonx wrote:I thought I was crazy for riding two wait lists . . . But man, this thread has me beat.
and waiting out schools that are in a different state is killer! Imagine picking up at the 11th hour to move! That's stressful.

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:58 pm

tooswolle wrote:Man this page is sad. I remember hearing on a different page that schools are waitlisting more students then normal since more students are applying to more schools. As a result they can't decide which students will attend and which ones will not. If that's the case I hope we all get off the waitlists we are on. Anyways here's me

which schools?

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:01 pm

singingkris wrote:
neonx wrote:I thought I was crazy for riding two wait lists . . . But man, this thread has me beat.
and waiting out schools that are in a different state is killer! Imagine picking up at the 11th hour to move! That's stressful.
Dude, I am in constant fear of that situation. It would be hell to make the kind of transition in such a short time. I think I'd do it only if it was my top pick or if they offered scholarship money

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 pm

tooswolle wrote:
singingkris wrote:
Dude, I am in constant fear of that situation. It would be hell to make the kind of transition in such a short time. I think I'd do it only if it was my top pick or if they offered scholarship money
lol me too! Before i would have dreams about the lsat and now it's getting accepted to a school a day before school starts and have to move clear across country!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 pm

red_alertz wrote:
tooswolle wrote:Man this page is sad. I remember hearing on a different page that schools are waitlisting more students then normal since more students are applying to more schools. As a result they can't decide which students will attend and which ones will not. If that's the case I hope we all get off the waitlists we are on. Anyways here's me

which schools?
Won't say which ones since it could out me, but they are all in the 20-30 range with the last application I'm waiting for being in that range. Regardless I'm just going to reapply wider next year and hopefully crack a good T1 or a strong T2.

feewaiver

New

Post by feewaiver » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 am

I guarantee I lead the country.

18 waitlists (I did apply to 35 schools)

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm

feewaiver wrote:I guarantee I lead the country.

you win! I applied to 18 schools! lol. If we did it by percentages though, I may still have a chance. WLed at 7 so far, but still got 7 pending!

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Waitlisted at UC Hastings, UC Davis, USC, Michigan, Wisconsin, & Cardozo (withdrew from the last 2).

I would absolutely LOVE to go to Michigan or USC.

Waitlists suck especially when you really, really want to go to some of the schools that WL'd you. I'm just writing LOCIs and keeping in contact with the schools I would still attend, but in my mind I am treating the WL as a soft rejection so that I am not disappointed.

Edit: I applied to 19 schools.
Last edited by 071816 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:16 pm

holy shit

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm

chimp wrote:Waitlisted at UC Hastings, UC Davis, USC, Michigan, Wisconsin, & Cardozo (withdrew from the last 2).

As of right now I'm attending Loyola LA with a nice scholly, but I would absolutely LOVE to go to Michigan or USC.

Waitlists suck especially when you really, really want to go to some of the schools that WL'd you. I'm just writing LOCI's and keeping in contact with the schools I would still attend, but in my mind I am treating the WL as a soft rejection so that I am not disappointed.
+1

WL=soft ding as far as I'm concerned

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:23 pm

zla2014 wrote:

you win! I applied to 18 schools! lol. If we did it by percentages though, I may still have a chance. WLed at 7 so far, but still got 7 pending!
Wait listed at 9/14 so far, 2 more to hear from that will probably be WLs. 5 acceptances/11 wls/0 dings

jcn4

New

Post by jcn4 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:30 pm

WL at MVP. Dinged at YS. In at the rest of T14, with $ at CCN.

Not really hell because I'm not trying especially hard to get off the waitlists, but is this a weird situation? I originally assumed it was just YP at MVP but I'm seeing people who are in at YHS and everywhere else in the T14. I guess my #s were high enough that they thought they'd have to give me a lot of money to attend, but not high enough that they were willing to offer it. Anyone else in this position?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:04 am

jcn4 wrote:WL at MVP. Dinged at YS. In at the rest of T14, with $ at CCN.

Not really hell because I'm not trying especially hard to get off the waitlists, but is this a weird situation? I originally assumed it was just YP at MVP but I'm seeing people who are in at YHS and everywhere else in the T14. I guess my #s were high enough that they thought they'd have to give me a lot of money to attend, but not high enough that they were willing to offer it. Anyone else in this position?
GTFO

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 am

Flips88 wrote:

GTFO
+180

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:02 pm

No such thing as a 'soft ding'..... Admissions decisions are a business decision for them. They do not really give a crap about your feelings.
Therefore people out there on waitlist should be happy with a school they are admitted to, but try like hell to get off a waitlist if it truly matters to you.
Sorry it was bugging me so I thought I would put that out there.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:17 pm

tooswolle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

GTFO
+180
+2.4 million

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”