Waitlist Hell Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Flips88

Diamond

Re: Waitlist Hell

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:11 pm

neonx wrote:Accepted: 20
Waitlist: 2, but only riding Chicago.
Hold: 1, Harvard
Reject: 1, Yale
Is there a reason you posted this in the wait list hell thread?

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Waitlist would be a reprieve compared to some school taking 5 months...

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Flips88 wrote:
How was my post any different from the replies that came before mine? =)

Also, it's the only thread that I can specific talk about my interest in pursuing wait list(s).

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Also, how's everyone's LOCI writing coming along?

Just looking at the two schools I'm still hoping to hear from/riding WL for, I've sent a total of 7 LOCIs. We'll see how this will play out. Haha.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:16 pm

neonx wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Also, it's the only thread that I can specific talk about my interest in pursuing wait list(s).
2 wait lists out of 24 apps with acceptances to all T-14 except H,Y, and UChi. That is not hell, my friend. That's basically the best cycle one could have.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Flips88 wrote:
neonx wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

2 wait lists out of 24 apps with acceptances to all T-14 except H,Y, and UChi. That is not hell, my friend. That's basically the best cycle one could have.
This made me laugh.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:18 pm

ITT: Neonx posts about getting into basically every school except Y and H. Everyone else tells him to GTFO.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

I actually salivated when I saw the Stanford scholarship

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Flips88 wrote:
neonx wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

seriously.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Touche, guys, my bad.

In other aspects of the Wait List world, I'm currently composing my May LOCI. I've become quite good at writing these. I'm not going down without a fight.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

neonx wrote:Touche, guys, my bad.

In other aspects of the Wait List world, I'm currently composing my May LOCI. I've become quite good at writing these. I'm not going down without a fight.
So.... if you had to write one to Cornell, and you already wrote them 2 emails or so... is there anything in particular you would say/do?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 pm

You're in at Stanford! Why the fuck would you want to live in cold ass Chicago when you can go to a better school in a ten thousand times better climate?

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Neonx sounds like a future gunner.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm

aliarrow wrote:

So.... if you had to write one to Cornell, and you already wrote them 2 emails or so... is there anything in particular you would say/do?
I actually *did* sent Cornell two LOCIs (January and February) and had to suffer through 5 UR dates and a 40 minute phone interview. I basically glorified Ithaca as much as possible and mentioned specific clinics that interested me.

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:26 pm

neonx wrote:
aliarrow wrote:

I actually *did* sent Cornell two LOCIs (January and February) and had to suffer through 5 UR dates and a 40 minute phone interview. I basically glorified Ithaca as much as possible and mentioned specific clinics that interested me.

stop trolling mike, u gonna piss off a lot ppl on the web, u know u didn't get in any of those schools

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm

red_alertz wrote:
neonx wrote:
aliarrow wrote:

stop trolling mike, u gonna piss off a lot ppl on the web, u know u didn't get in any of those schools
Clearly not welcomed to talk about WLs here. Sorry . . .

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm

red_alertz wrote:
:roll:

Seriously though, I sincerely hope you plan on writing an admissions article, Neon

ETA: Stay Neon, just because everyone else is jealous doesn't mean you can't be a part of it. You have WLs just like the rest of us that you clearly have an interest in.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nihilism is key

Bronze

Post by nihilism is key » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:50 pm

aliarrow wrote: :roll:

Seriously though, I sincerely hope you plan on writing an admissions article, Neon

ETA: Stay Neon, just because everyone else is jealous doesn't mean you can't be a part of it. You have WLs just like the rest of us that you clearly have an interest in.
this is waitlist HELL not "i have been wait listed at at least one place". if neon only intends to ride the chicago waitlist, then the chicago waitlist thread would be the appropriate place to discuss it. from what I can tell (which isn't much over the interweb), I don't think he meant to come off as boastful, but 20 acceptances and 2 waitlists does not a hell make IMHO.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 pm

nihilism is key wrote:
aliarrow wrote: :roll:

this is waitlist HELL not "i have been wait listed at at least one place". if neon only intends to ride the chicago waitlist, then the chicago waitlist thread would be the appropriate place to discuss it. from what I can tell (which isn't much over the interweb), I don't think he meant to come off as boastful, but 20 acceptances and 2 waitlists does not a hell make IMHO.
Well Hell is a relative term

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

aliarrow wrote: Well Hell is a relative term
Being WL at 1 T-14 while you're in at 10 others is not hell. Being WLd at 7 (probably 9 total) T-14s with 0 acceptances to one is hell. No relativity about that shit.

New

Post by 20140606 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

`
Last edited by 20140606 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Being WL at 1 T-14 while you're in at 10 others is not hell. Being WLd at 7 (probably 9 total) T-14s with 0 acceptances to one is hell. No relativity about that shit.
Unless it was the one T14 you actually wanted... that would kinda suck.

Then again, thats like getting a sapphire, diamond, ruby, topaz, and pearl, when you REALLY wanted the EMERALD. BOO HOO

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:50 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Then again, thats like getting a sapphire, diamond, ruby, topaz, and pearl, when you REALLY wanted the EMERALD. BOO HOO
Well Said!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:51 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

This. I'm pretty sure EVERY applicant wants HYS. Crying about not getting 2 while getting $$ to one is...

ihp12

Bronze

Post by ihp12 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm

red_alertz wrote:
neonx wrote:
aliarrow wrote:

Clearly not welcomed to talk about WLs here. Sorry . . .
Realistically you should be welcomed, cause you still have something to contribute. But we're in HELL. How do you expect us to behave? :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”