Waitlist Hell Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wiseguy33

Bronze

Re: Waitlist Hell

Post by wiseguy33 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Peg wrote:For those who are waiting on Temple, I just withdrew my acceptance. I also withdrew from Minnesota, Penn State, Villanova and Emory. I hope one of you gets my seat - you can thank me by sending good karma my way, since I'm on the wait lists for GWU and BU and am dying to get off them.

My biggest nightmare is that GWU is over-enrolled or will only choose GPA-strong people off the wait lists. My second biggest nightmare is that I won't hear back from any of my wait lists till June.
I'm about to withdraw from GW. Good luck!

Now, if someone could just withdraw from Chicago or Columbia, that'd be really helpful,thanks. :roll:

HereIGoAgain

New

Post by HereIGoAgain » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 pm

I have a question for those who are riding the waitlists with no acceptances, like myself: Are you mentioning that fact in your LOCI? I realize it sounds a bit desperate, but let’s face it, we are in a desperate position! Does anyone think schools would react favorably to that information? Or would you just say something to the effect of, “If accepted, I WILL attend your school.” Would you say that to all the schools you are waitlisted at? Should I ask this question on Dean Pless’ (Illinois) thread?

Here is a little about my specific situation: I was academically DQ’d a few years ago at a higher end TT. Retook and rocked the LSAT. Some schools would still not review my application bc they have a policy against accepting previously DQ’d students. I therefore haven’t technically been rejected at any schools, but I am waitlisted at 4 schools. 3 are top 30 schools, the other is at the bottom of TT (De facto waitlist at UCI, and one other low end TT, and I added 2 schools to my list earlier this month, one T1 evening program, and one TTT). Because of my DQ, I don’t know whether to consider the WL at the lower end TTs to be yield protection. It may be worth mentioning that when I applied to law school the first time I was accepted at the two TT's and I chose to go elsewhere. If it is a case of YP, then would it be helpful to say I haven’t been accepted at any schools? I am trying to get my LOCI out this week.
Thanks for the support guys, I needed this thread!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Call & discuss your situation with admissions folks at each law school which waitlisted you.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:46 pm

In the rare and special circumstance that I am accepted from the waitlist, how does this work? Do they call? Do they send a letter? Do you have 24 hours to agree?

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm

neonx wrote:In the rare and special circumstance that I am accepted from the waitlist, how does this work? Do they call? Do they send a letter? Do you have 24 hours to agree?
Different for different schools. Waitlists e-mails usually say how the process works.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justhoping

Bronze

Post by justhoping » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:06 pm

neonx wrote:In the rare and special circumstance that I am accepted from the waitlist, how does this work? Do they call? Do they send a letter? Do you have 24 hours to agree?
wow i didn't know you're waitlisted! where at?
And I think the process depends on school. it's mostly call (or e-mail if you missed call) but I don't think it would ever be snailmail since they usu. want quick answers.

ihp12

Bronze

Post by ihp12 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

justhoping wrote:
wow i didn't know you're waitlisted! where at?
And I think the process depends on school. it's mostly call (or e-mail if you missed call) but I don't think it would ever be snailmail since they usu. want quick answers.
+1, a quick response is key. I would think they would give you a couple days to decide at most. If you say "no", they have to ask the next guy and give him the same waiting period, and so on, and there's only so many days in summer.

soesghost

New

Post by soesghost » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 pm

So far only one reply - but WL @ Fordham, which is my #1 - and to be honest I didn't think I even had a shot, so I'll take it - for the moment :P

rocktower3

Bronze

Post by rocktower3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:35 pm

New here in Waitlist Hell. WL at CLS, the first school I've heard back from. It's honestly almost a relief to get to DO something (send back the form, draft LOCI, ect) rather than obsessively check my email 20 times a day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

btnyegurl

New

Post by btnyegurl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:28 pm

WL at Penn State since March 11th, not too sure if I should send an LOCI since I haven't changed anything

ihp12

Bronze

Post by ihp12 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 am

rocktower3 wrote:New here in Waitlist Hell. WL at CLS, the first school I've heard back from. It's honestly almost a relief to get to DO something (send back the form, draft LOCI, ect) rather than obsessively check my email 20 times a day.
+1. It felt wierd to work ridiculously hard on my apps for months, and then just sit there and do nothing for months. It's good to be back in the swing of things.

rocktower3

Bronze

Post by rocktower3 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 pm

ihp12 wrote:
rocktower3 wrote:New here in Waitlist Hell. WL at CLS, the first school I've heard back from. It's honestly almost a relief to get to DO something (send back the form, draft LOCI, ect) rather than obsessively check my email 20 times a day.
+1. It felt wierd to work ridiculously hard on my apps for months, and then just sit there and do nothing for months. It's good to be back in the swing of things.
Ain't over till it's over.

Action Plan- format a strategy to get Columbia to love me a little more than they do now. I sort of feel like I'm in a bad relationship.

yuzu

Bronze

Post by yuzu » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 pm

HereIGoAgain wrote:I have a question for those who are riding the waitlists with no acceptances, like myself: Are you mentioning that fact in your LOCI? I realize it sounds a bit desperate, but let’s face it, we are in a desperate position! Does anyone think schools would react favorably to that information? Or would you just say something to the effect of, “If accepted, I WILL attend your school.” Would you say that to all the schools you are waitlisted at? Should I ask this question on Dean Pless’ (Illinois) thread?
When I was in this position (waitlist hell with no other options) a couple years ago, I decided simply to tell some of the schools in a LOCI that I would definitely attend if admitted from the WL. In my opinion telling them you have no other options simply provides validation for their decision not to accept you (since other schools came to the same conclusion) and makes you seem desperate.

That said, I didn't get off any of the waitlists. And because of the promise I made I'd have had to withdraw from the others the moment one accepted me.

In your case if it is YP a simple LOCI should suffice.

Good luck!
Last edited by yuzu on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Chicago, Duke, Penn, Mich, Virginia, Vandy, and I think NYU? Can't remember if they WLed or rejected...

irenic

New

Post by irenic » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I've been waitlisted from a T30 school to a Tier 4. Two acceptances (one from Tier 4 and one from Tier 2) and 4 other waitlists (1 Tier 1, 2 T2, and 1 TTT).

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Just received my 6th Waitlist. 9 apps pending. By the time my cycle is over, I may have all of you beat.

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:55 pm

irenic wrote:I've been waitlisted from a T30 school to a Tier 4. Two acceptances (one from Tier 4 and one from Tier 2) and 4 other waitlists (1 Tier 1, 2 T2, and 1 TTT).
In a similar situation

WLed from:

4 T1s
1 TT
1 TTT

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hope11

New

Post by hope11 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 pm

I've been waitlisted at T1, T2 and T3 like seriously! Will probably attend UK Law given how things have shaped up. Is there anything I can do to at least help my chances at the T1? This is ridiculous and no I'm not retaking the LSAT or taking a year off I'm going in this fall and I'm going in hottt...lol

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm waitlisted at a T1 and at a T4, along with numerous waitlists in T2 and T3. I guess I cover all the bases.

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

hope11 wrote:I've been waitlisted at T1, T2 and T3 like seriously! Will probably attend UK Law given how things have shaped up. Is there anything I can do to at least help my chances at the T1? This is ridiculous and no I'm not retaking the LSAT or taking a year off I'm going in this fall and I'm going in hottt...lol
PM me what T1s you've been waitlisted from. Maybe I can give you some advice.

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm

hope11 wrote:I've been waitlisted at T1, T2 and T3 like seriously! Will probably attend UK Law given how things have shaped up. Is there anything I can do to at least help my chances at the T1? This is ridiculous and no I'm not retaking the LSAT or taking a year off I'm going in this fall and I'm going in hottt...lol
+1 I'm up to 8 waitlists now. 3 T1, 4 T2, and 1 T3. I'm an extreme reverse splitter, so I was actually pleasantly surprised to even be waitlisted by some of them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

WL at GULC and Virginia. Got some decent acceptances but no T-14. Anyone have luck getting off of these?

hope11

New

Post by hope11 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm

just got dinged at Harvard that certainly lightens the mood fml

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:18 pm

loblaw wrote:WL at GULC and Virginia. Got some decent acceptances but no T-14. Anyone have luck getting off of these?
not sure about GULC but I've heard they waitlist almost everyone at Virginia. :(

miamiman09

New

Post by miamiman09 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I just got an admit email from Columbia this afternoon! :D
Submitted back on 12/3/10 and was WLed 2/8/11. There is hope for WLs so stay strong!

Correction: I was on "hold" at CLS... sorry! :| For some reason I thought it had been a straight-up WL.
Last edited by miamiman09 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”