Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shatra

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby shatra » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 pm

DubPoker wrote:Shatra

Not to complain, but your website says you added UNC on 3/7, but I just installed again and don't see it under the school list. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Kudos again for the awesome app

Oh sorry, I meant to ask you if you needed me to tell you how to get that working. You need to delete the old database. If you have a Mac it'll be in the /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Titanium/appdata/com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck folder, if you Windows it'll be in the C:\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck folder. Delete the database called ainfo.db and when you open the app again, it'll recopy it over and should have UNC in it.

Edit: If you've changed the theme it won't show up the first time you reopen it because it'll think it's just been installed, but it should be saved and show up the next time.

DubPoker

Postby DubPoker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm

shatra wrote:
DubPoker wrote:Shatra

Not to complain, but your website says you added UNC on 3/7, but I just installed again and don't see it under the school list. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Kudos again for the awesome app

Oh sorry, I meant to ask you if you needed me to tell you how to get that working. You need to delete the old database. If you have a Mac it'll be in the /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Titanium/appdata/com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck folder, if you Windows it'll be in the C:\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck folder. Delete the database called ainfo.db and when you open the app again, it'll recopy it over and should have UNC in it.

Edit: If you've changed the theme it won't show up the first time you reopen it because it'll think it's just been installed, but it should be saved and show up the next time.

:D Works, although the first time i opened it after deleting ainfo.db it had some crash dialogue. But I guess it then retrieved the file, cause the second time it was perfect.

awesome! I ruv you even more

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:09 pm

This is amazing! Now i'm just addicted to refreshing it instead of checking status checkers, but at least it's all in one place ;)

shatra

Postby shatra » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:How do you uninstall it on a mac? It doesn't work on my computer and I can't figure out how to get it off

Honestly I have absolutely no idea. It's been done previously in the thread when it needed to be updated so it must be possible, but I have no idea. Try PMing one of the people with a Mac (here's looking at you, ocbrody).

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 pm

drmguy wrote:
shatra wrote:
amorfati wrote:
On the mac, I save the list of schools and attempt to save the login info. The schools seem to save, but the login info doesn't (or at least the save is not confirmed in the bottom right). Also, I don't see any refresh button...

As for Windows 7, I originally seemed to be having the same issue. However, I've tried to go back and look for the refresh button, and now the program won't open at all - even after a re-install I'm told the program has encountered a fatal error ("not enough room for thread data" or something to that effect).

Unfortunately it seems my status checker addiction is not meant to be cured... :(

You might want to try something similar to what ocbrody did and clear all the saved data. On windows the folder is C:\[Your Logon Name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck. Although the fact that you're having similar problems in both operating systems is very odd. :?

Any Mac users having troubles do this. I was having the blank screen troubles and this fixed it.

Read the thread...

tlslsnlsp

Postby tlslsnlsp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 pm

i haven't started using this yet, but if it really works i nominate this user to receive an award for the competition TLS held a year or so ago for useful posts......... hook this person up, Ken! Also, wish I knew about this back in november.... ALL THOSE DAYS obsessively checking the status checkers haha

ocbrody

Postby ocbrody » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:How do you uninstall it on a mac? It doesn't work on my computer and I can't figure out how to get it off

If you are sure you don't want to use it anymore, and just want a simple way to get rid of it - drag the status check icon in your applications folder to the trash, and empty the trash. This is how you uninstall anything on a Mac. There will be some files left behind. (all Mac applications do this, so it's not abnormal)

However, if you're trying to get it to work by re-installing a newer version, you'll have to delete the file folder that the files are located which is located on your system at /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Titanium/appdata/com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck If you really want to scrub your Mac of any trace of the program, this is what you move to the trash as well.

Ok tech support is now closed for the night. :lol:

jazz17

Postby jazz17 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I love this!!! No more digging through my emails for the link haha...thanks so much!! :D

sclatin2000

Postby sclatin2000 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:16 am

I just downloaded and absolutely love it :D. If anything this will make me more productive at work. I do have one request: Is there any way you can Loyola (Los Angeles) to the list of schools? Here is the link to their status checker https://webxo.lls.edu/regapp/lls_www_status.input_form_start

Thanks a million!

shatra

Postby shatra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:40 am

sclatin2000 wrote:I just downloaded and absolutely love it :D. If anything this will make me more productive at work. I do have one request: Is there any way you can Loyola (Los Angeles) to the list of schools? Here is the link to their status checker https://webxo.lls.edu/regapp/lls_www_status.input_form_start

Thanks a million!

I'm sorry, but Loyola LA uses a proprietary tracker, and since I don't have a login I have no way of knowing what the status page actually looks like and have no way of testing it, and therefore can't include it. All the schools that are currently included use the status tracker provided by LSAC, which is why they the status pages all look exactly the same except for changes in color and logo. The only proprietary trackers I have access to are Northwestern University and University of Michigan, so I plan on including those, but since I don't have a login for any others those are the only ones I'll be able to include. Sorry. :(

Spookyghost

Postby Spookyghost » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:54 am

I take it you can't do Alabama either since they have their own myBama Network?

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 pm

sclatin2000 wrote:I just downloaded and absolutely love it :D. If anything this will make me more productive at work. I do have one request: Is there any way you can Loyola (Los Angeles) to the list of schools? Here is the link to their status checker https://webxo.lls.edu/regapp/lls_www_status.input_form_start

Thanks a million!

Because they do not use the LSAC status checker, it would be helpful to have a copy of both the decision rendered page and the in review page.

vdbl1901

Postby vdbl1901 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Indiana University Bloomington and Arizona State University do not have status checkers. Also, UC Davis and UC Hastings have their own status checkers and do not use the LSAC status checker.

cmraider

Postby cmraider » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm having trouble with this app as well, which is unfortunate because I'm really looking forward to using it.

I have v 1.1 on a PC using Windows Vista. I've gotten the schools to save, but I can't get past step 2. There's no refresh button and when I hit the save button nothing happens, no "applications saved message." Am I doing something wrong or does this have trouble running on Windows Vista?

shatra

Postby shatra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:22 pm

helloperson wrote:

Thanks a million!

Because they do not use the LSAC status checker, it would be helpful to have a copy of both the decision rendered page and the in review page.

That's not quite what I would need, but I assume you're saying that's what you would need for your iPhone app.

I would need the HTML of the status page, regardless of status. However, that page often has personal information on it, like address, etc. I figured it would be too much hassle for someone to save the HTML of the page to a file and then go through it to remove any information they were uncomfortable with my seeing (you'd have to replace whatever you removed with something generic that would tell me what was there, like "Address Line 1" if you removed the first line of your address). However, if anyone would like to do it, you're certainly welcome to. To get the HTML of a page in Firefox or Chrome, you right click and choose "View Page Source." In Internet Explorer, same procedure, but it's "View source" rather than "View Page Source." You'd either have to copy the source into a text editor and send it to me via email as an attachment, or paste it into the body of an email, and send it to me admin@lsstatuscheck.com. I'd ask that you be willing to test it for me as well.

shatra

Postby shatra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 pm

cmraider wrote:I'm having trouble with this app as well, which is unfortunate because I'm really looking forward to using it.

I have v 1.1 on a PC using Windows Vista. I've gotten the schools to save, but I can't get past step 2. There's no refresh button and when I hit the save button nothing happens, no "applications saved message." Am I doing something wrong or does this have trouble running on Windows Vista?

I haven't tested on a Vista machine, but try deleting the contents of the application's folder, it's worked for a lot of problems. In Win 7 it's located at C:\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck, if it's not the same in Vista you can just try searching for the folder "com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck" or a file that should be found in that folder, like "ainfo.db." Close the application, delete everything you find in that folder, and then try opening it again once or twice and see what happens.

cmraider

Postby cmraider » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 pm

shatra wrote:
cmraider wrote:I'm having trouble with this app as well, which is unfortunate because I'm really looking forward to using it.

I haven't tested on a Vista machine, but try deleting the contents of the application's folder, it's worked for a lot of problems. In Win 7 it's located at C:\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck, if it's not the same in Vista you can just try searching for the folder "com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck" or a file that should be found in that folder, like "ainfo.db." Close the application, delete everything you find in that folder, and then try opening it again once or twice and see what happens.

progress!

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:17 pm

shatra wrote:
helloperson wrote:

Thanks a million!

That's not quite what I would need, but I assume you're saying that's what you would need for your iPhone app.

I would need the HTML of the status page, regardless of status. However, that page often has personal information on it, like address, etc. I figured it would be too much hassle for someone to save the HTML of the page to a file and then go through it to remove any information they were uncomfortable with my seeing (you'd have to replace whatever you removed with something generic that would tell me what was there, like "Address Line 1" if you removed the first line of your address). However, if anyone would like to do it, you're certainly welcome to. To get the HTML of a page in Firefox or Chrome, you right click and choose "View Page Source." In Internet Explorer, same procedure, but it's "View source" rather than "View Page Source." You'd either have to copy the source into a text editor and send it to me via email as an attachment, or paste it into the body of an email, and send it to me admin@lsstatuscheck.com. I'd ask that you be willing to test it for me as well.

The loyola one uses two different pages for the status; I only have the "decision finalized" one.

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Last edited by helloperson on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shatra

Postby shatra » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:33 pm

helloperson wrote:
Again, the "complete" page is completely different.

In my case that wouldn't really matter so much. It would recognize that the page had changed and spit out the new page minus any HTML, which looks like it would basically just be the decision statement. The only problem would be it wouldn't register in the main heading of "Status" but it would show up in History and still alert you.

Edit: I think you're working in a much more difficult framework with limited memory and space where precision in that sense is going to matter more, especially since it is the status that is most important to you. Luckily I get to slap a bunch of stuff in history and let the user interpret.

gboyle138

Postby gboyle138 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 am

This thing is exactly what I wanted. It is so frustrating having to check 20 different places to find out what is going on. I couldn't understand why LSAC doesn't make all checkers available in one place. It took 8 tries before it started working, but totally worth it. Thank you so much.

lsatdalek

Postby lsatdalek » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am

I rarely ever post on these forums but I just had to this time. This application is absolutely fantastic! Thanks!!!

Abazu

Postby Abazu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks for your work on this.

Darko86

Postby Darko86 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 pm

One more school. Tier4, but still one nonetheless!

University of St. Thomas

http://www.stthomas.edu/law/admissions/ ... fault.html

The link to the actual status checker is located near the top right of the page. I hope that's what you need.

Amazing product, by the way. Thank you so much!

coreno16

Postby coreno16 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:07 am

When do you anticipate having UMich and NU added? I'd love to have these on there. Also, long shot, but any chance of an android app sometime in the future?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”