Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mijenks

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby mijenks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:28 am

shatra wrote:Hey guys, looks like when I uploaded the update to the Android app I forgot to increment the version number, so it just ignored it. I've been testing out the update and I can't understand why this would happen because all I did was update the schools list, but I swear it's acting a little odd. I can't really test it since I don't have apps this year, so I was hoping some of you might be able to do it. If you go to this link --LinkRemoved--, you should be able to download and install the update. If Boston University shows up in your school list, it's at least updated the database. It seems like when I refresh a lot of schools are staying blank; no error, just blank, which I didn't think it was doing before. Thanks!

I installed the android update and all work for me, including new BU and ND checkers.

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 am

mijenks wrote:
shatra wrote:Hey guys, looks like when I uploaded the update to the Android app I forgot to increment the version number, so it just ignored it. I've been testing out the update and I can't understand why this would happen because all I did was update the schools list, but I swear it's acting a little odd. I can't really test it since I don't have apps this year, so I was hoping some of you might be able to do it. If you go to this link --LinkRemoved--, you should be able to download and install the update. If Boston University shows up in your school list, it's at least updated the database. It seems like when I refresh a lot of schools are staying blank; no error, just blank, which I didn't think it was doing before. Thanks!

I installed the android update and all work for me, including new BU and ND checkers.

Well my BU and ND work.. the others I listed not so much

mijenks

Postby mijenks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 am

EMZE wrote:Well my BU and ND work.. the others I listed not so much

The only overlap I have with those you mentioned is NYU and it is working for me. Maybe re-enter your login or double check you can access via web. Are you using the desktop client or the Android one?

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 am

BU isn't working for me, continues to say "needs login data" even after I've entered it.

Edit: and now it is. Weird.

cindypopper

Postby cindypopper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I updated the program (running it on windows). But for some reason BU and TGW is not coming up. I even uninstalled the program and installed it again. What should I do? Why is BU not showing up to add it? Thanks!

neuroticjew

Postby neuroticjew » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

This is not working for me at all. The software asks for my login every time, despite me clicking "Save," and is showing nothing on the Status tab.

sasuke

Postby sasuke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:14 am

The Andriod app is a godsend, thanks!

shatra

Postby shatra » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm

cindypopper wrote:I updated the program (running it on windows). But for some reason BU and TGW is not coming up. I even uninstalled the program and installed it again. What should I do? Why is BU not showing up to add it? Thanks!

Hmm, try closing the application and go into C:\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck and if the files .installed and .update are in there, delete them. If that doesn't work, uninstall, delete that directory, and reinstall.

neuroticjew wrote:This is not working for me at all. The software asks for my login every time, despite me clicking "Save," and is showing nothing on the Status tab.

Try clicking the "Reinstall Databases" button on the Options page, restart the program, and see if it will save properly.

hadisious

Postby hadisious » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 pm

sasuke wrote:The Andriod app is a godsend, thanks!

+1

troytrojan

Postby troytrojan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes, another big thank you for this application! I am using it constantly, and the day I downloaded it it alerted me to my first acceptance to a major university! I'm using both the android and windows version, though as you have written, the update has been troublesome.

shatra

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 am

troytrojan wrote:Yes, another big thank you for this application! I am using it constantly, and the day I downloaded it it alerted me to my first acceptance to a major university! I'm using both the android and windows version, though as you have written, the update has been troublesome.

If you've updated and it's still giving your problems, try deleting the files .installed and .update in the folder /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Titanium/appdata/com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck in OS X and C:\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Titanium\appdata\com.lsstatuscheck.statuscheck in Windows. That at least made it stop trying to update every time I open the program on my Windows PC.

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 am

There's a chance this was answered, but I didn't see it.

I'm reapplying this year and have a second login for the schools I'm reapplying to. Will this cause a problem?

sasuke

Postby sasuke » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 am

egirarde wrote:There's a chance this was answered, but I didn't see it.

I'm reapplying this year and have a second login for the schools I'm reapplying to. Will this cause a problem?

No

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks.

This is amazing. Sending a donation this week. Great job!

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Is there any way to get the text message feature to work for phones overseas on foreign carriers?

MormonChristian

Postby MormonChristian » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:12 am

add John Marshall Chicago

Kess

Postby Kess » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:45 pm

This is awesome! Are you sure you should be law school? You probably can do well as an app developer =D

wishyfishy

Postby wishyfishy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Thank you so much for this. It works beautifully! :) Does anyone know if the history will actually keep track of what the status is updated to or just that it has been updated?

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 pm

wishyfishy wrote:Thank you so much for this. It works beautifully! :) Does anyone know if the history will actually keep track of what the status is updated to or just that it has been updated?

Yes, it will tell you what the change is.

Rdubs

Postby Rdubs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:23 pm

None of the links to the website are working for me.... Tried it in Chrome and Firefox. It keeps telling me that the connection has timed out.... ideas?

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Is there an IOS version of this app yet? I didn't see it through the thread or site but figured he may have put it in the app store. If not, it's cool, I'll see if I can get the desktop version up and running. If so, expect a (small, I'm broke) donation brother.

mijenks

Postby mijenks » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 pm

hyakku wrote:Is there an IOS version of this app yet? I didn't see it through the thread or site but figured she may have put it in the app store. If not, it's cool, I'll see if I can get the desktop version up and running. If so, expect a (small, I'm broke) donation sister.

FTFY

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:47 pm

mijenks wrote:
hyakku wrote:Is there an IOS version of this app yet? I didn't see it through the thread or site but figured she may have put it in the app store. If not, it's cool, I'll see if I can get the desktop version up and running. If so, expect a (small, I'm broke) donation sister.

FTFY

Cool, my bad, couldn't really tell from OP so I just assumed it was a guy.

Postby 20130312 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 pm

OP's profile says female

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:16 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:OP's profile says female

Lmao because everyone goes and checks the OPs profile for every thread? Again, it's not like I'm shocked or anything, but I'm not going to pretend to be all PC, ignoring the fact that a majority of programmers (especially those that prefer Android to IOS, but I won't hold it against you :p) aren't guys.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”