Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpetsandtea

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm

lsatcrazy wrote:This is awesome. Donation tab?

+1. I'd donate.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:54 pm

The home page has a link to donate to her Panera fund. :)

--LinkRemoved--

citygirl000

Postby citygirl000 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:59 pm

This is amazing! Thank you :)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Donated $15 as a thank you for putting in so much time and energy, and for paying attention even though you're a 1L now! <3 (:

shatra

Postby shatra » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:28 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Donated $15 as a thank you for putting in so much time and energy, and for paying attention even though you're a 1L now! <3 (:

Thank you so much! It makes me happy to know I've made something that helps you so much you'd be willing to do that. :) Last year by the time I got the program done I'd already gotten decisions on most of my applications, so I'm happy to see that all that work I did isn't going to waste!

On another note, I just got home from a review session and then a study group meeting for the final on Thursday and still have to do my reading for tomorrow, so I'm not going to be able to post the update for the schools everyone has sent me tonight, but I'll try and do it between classes tomorrow, or if all else fails I promise to do it in the afternoon after class. I'll be fixing Georgetown, and adding Notre Dame, Boston University, and University of Nebraska. If there are any other LSAC ones I'm missing, let me know! If you want to add it in manually you can check out how at this link - --LinkRemoved--, but I want to make it so that the app checks every day to see if there have been changes so you guys don't have to reinstall or update every time a school wises up and moves to the LSAC app, which I almost managed to finish during Contracts this morning but not quite.

cindypopper

Postby cindypopper » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you! This is awesome. Would it be possible for you to add:

Boston University: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/logon.aspx

The George Washington: https://aces.law.gwu.edu/YourStatus/mem ... dl9HPbk%3D

shatra

Postby shatra » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:46 pm

cindypopper wrote:Thank you! This is awesome. Would it be possible for you to add:

Boston University: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/logon.aspx

The George Washington: https://aces.law.gwu.edu/YourStatus/mem ... dl9HPbk%3D

Sure! Thanks for giving me the link. The first part of my very first final is today so I won't be able to get to it today, but I plan on updating it tomorrow.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm

This is pretty damn awesome.

I'm sure someone has asked this, but any chance of an iPhone app?

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:03 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:This is pretty damn awesome.

Or compatability w/ 64-bit OS's?

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm running this on 64 bit Windows 7 and it works PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for this amazing app! Got my Cornell decision through it yesterday!

shatra

Postby shatra » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:22 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:This is pretty damn awesome.

I actually can't develop for iPhone because I don't have a Mac. helloperson here on TLS made one last year, but it sounds like it might not be up right now. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151150&hilit=iPhone You might try asking him to see if he has any plans to revive it.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 pm

sach1282 wrote:I'm running this on 64 bit Windows 7 and it works PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for this amazing app! Got my Cornell decision through it yesterday!

Hmm... I'm using the same, but I can't get any display whatsoever in the Step 3 box. Just a blank screen. I attributed the issue to the 64-bit system. Obviously, that is not the case.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:40 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
sach1282 wrote:I'm running this on 64 bit Windows 7 and it works PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for this amazing app! Got my Cornell decision through it yesterday!

Hmm... I'm using the same, but I can't get any display whatsoever in the Step 3 box. Just a blank screen. I attributed the issue to the 64-bit system. Obviously, that is not the case.

I'm also on a 64-bit system. It locked up on me once. I just restarted it and it was fine. It also takes a while to load pages sometimes.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:47 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:

I was having this issue because I didn't click "Save" after I choose my schools.

mtyler19

Postby mtyler19 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Never got a text alert, but probably because I have metro pcs and they're crap. I don't care because I have the app on my phone anyways, just a heads up :)

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 pm

This didn't work for me.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:54 am

JoeMo wrote:This didn't work for me.

I got it to work at work. It is pretty awesome. Thank you!

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Thank you!

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 pm

U of Colorado - Boulder just got a status checker. Is it time consuming to add? I can send the link if you like.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm not sure whether to thank you or be mad at you. ;] either way, this is awesome--a good idea, AND excellent programming/coding. my compulsive need to refresh my status checkers appreciates this. <3

shatra

Postby shatra » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:59 pm

un-vordox wrote:U of Colorado - Boulder just got a status checker. Is it time consuming to add? I can send the link if you like.

Yes, please send me the link! It's actually really easy to add schools, the hard part is updating the app so that you guys can access the new schools. I use software to do the updating for me, and last year it caused a ton of problems (hence the creation of the "Reinstall Databases" button on the Options page). I've been working on being able to update at least the schools list without having to use the updating software, and get everything I can in one release to try and minimize the problems. I had hoped to finish it on Friday, but ended up pulling an all nighter for my Civ Pro final, so honestly I spent most of Friday sleeping and got nothing productive done... Hopefully I'll get it all working tonight.
Last edited by shatra on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm

shatra wrote:
un-vordox wrote:U of Colorado - Boulder just got a status checker. Is it time consuming to add? I can send the link if you like.

Yes, please send me the link! It's actually really easy to add schools, the hard part is updating the app. I use software to do the updating for me, and last year it caused a ton of problems (hence the creation of the "Reinstall Databases" button on the Options page). I've been working on being able to update at least the schools list without having to use the updating software, and get everything I can in one release to try and minimize the problems. I had hoped to finish it on Friday, but ended up pulling an all nighter for my Civ Pro final, so honestly I spent most of Friday sleeping and got nothing productive done... Hopefully I'll get it all working tonight.

Here's the CU Boulder status check link: https://lawaces2.colorado.edu/YourStatu ... logon.aspx

Thank you again!!!!!

shatra

Postby shatra » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:03 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Here's the CU Boulder status check link: https://lawaces2.colorado.edu/YourStatu ... logon.aspx

Thank you again!!!!!

Haha, that was a very impressive response time! Thank you. :)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm

shatra wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Here's the CU Boulder status check link: https://lawaces2.colorado.edu/YourStatu ... logon.aspx

Thank you again!!!!!

Haha, that was a very impressive response time! Thank you. :)

I'm addicted to TLS :oops: (and I have a very boring job)

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm addicted to TLS (and I have a very boring job)

+1

Working from home + applying to law school = too much TLS throughout the day

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”