Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
shatra
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 am

paul34 wrote:Thank you. LSAC should pay you to write a centralized app for their site. I never understood why there isn't just a single, centralized checker on LSAC. I know some schools use their own app checker, but many seem to use the LSAC one. Good luck on your finals.


Thanks. :) LSAC says they don't do it because it takes away from your individualized experience with each school.

rckybbby
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:43 am

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby rckybbby » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am

harrijust86 wrote:
ocbrody wrote:Can't seem to get it to save login info on step 2 on a Mac. Tried reinstalling/exiting out multiple times with no luck...any ideas?


As previously mentioned you must first save step 1. If this isnt the solution then ive got nothing for ya. (PC user with no problems thus far)


using a mac here. it seems to work perfectly. At one point i had "access" error messages, but refreshed all and it corrected. awesome freakin program. makes things terribly easy. I'm apparently not as freaked as most, and even i would pay money for this. thanks.

User avatar
Johnlj56
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby Johnlj56 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 am

I have to say this app is freakin awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby scottybared » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am

On Android I'm getting a connection error for Cornell and WUSTL and an application access error for Georgetown. Anyone else having problems with these schools? All the other 10+ schools are working perfectly. I haven't tried the desktop version.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby Killingly » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am

scottybared wrote:On Android I'm getting a connection error for Cornell and WUSTL and an application access error for Georgetown. Anyone else having problems with these schools? All the other 10+ schools are working perfectly. I haven't tried the desktop version.


I can't get on WUSTLs status checker via desktop, so maybe that's why. I've tried two different browsers.

User avatar
shatra
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:36 am

scottybared wrote:On Android I'm getting a connection error for Cornell and WUSTL and an application access error for Georgetown. Anyone else having problems with these schools? All the other 10+ schools are working perfectly. I haven't tried the desktop version.


Turns out Georgetown has changed the address of their status tracker since last year so I'll update that one tonight. As for the other two, it's just having trouble accessing them, I'd try those again later. Let me know if you keep having a problem with it though and I'll try and make sure there's nothing else going on.

bmili
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby bmili » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 am

I know the automatic update works on the desktop version. Was able to get the update sent via email. FYI- George Mason is not working

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby mtyler19 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Love this!! Sorry, not sure if anyone has asked but is there any way to see status on 2 different terms for one school? I applied to Baylor spring and fall, and the program is showing only spring. I'd rather see fall either way, if I can't see both can I change it? Thanks so much!

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby lrslayer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:42 pm

shatra wrote:
coreno16 wrote:Just downloaded this for mac. Works on my system without a hitch thus far. I posted a comment on the site about the only issue. Closing the window closes the program.

Thanks again


So I apologize for the Mac ignorance, but is there no minimize button? Or does it work differently than I'm used to in Windows? In the windows version when you minimize it goes to the taskbar, and when you close it, it closes. Is it working differently in the Mac version? I need to make a friend in Chicago with a Mac or head down to the Apple store!

I've updated it (but not released just yet) to include all the schools I could find status trackers through rank 100, these are the ones I couldn't find:
UCLA
U Texas-Austin
George Washington U
Boston U
Emory U
U Notre Dame
Indiana U - Bloomington
U North Carolina
Arizona State U
U Colorado - Boulder
UC Hastings
U Cincinnati
U Oregon
Syracuse U
U Richmond
U Missouri - Columbia
U Nebraska - Lincoln
Marquette U

These are the ones who don't seem to use an LSAC status checker:
Columbia
UMich
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
U Iowa
UC Davis
U Georgia
U Alabama
Loyola - Chicago
U Miami

If that looks right, then I'll go ahead and release it, otherwise let me know if I incorrectly list one as not existing and I'll add it to the program.

ucla doesn't have a status checker

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm

lrslayer wrote:
shatra wrote:
coreno16 wrote:Just downloaded this for mac. Works on my system without a hitch thus far. I posted a comment on the site about the only issue. Closing the window closes the program.

Thanks again


So I apologize for the Mac ignorance, but is there no minimize button? Or does it work differently than I'm used to in Windows? In the windows version when you minimize it goes to the taskbar, and when you close it, it closes. Is it working differently in the Mac version? I need to make a friend in Chicago with a Mac or head down to the Apple store!

I've updated it (but not released just yet) to include all the schools I could find status trackers through rank 100, these are the ones I couldn't find:
UCLA
U Texas-Austin
George Washington U
Boston U
Emory U
U Notre Dame
Indiana U - Bloomington
U North Carolina
Arizona State U
U Colorado - Boulder
UC Hastings
U Cincinnati
U Oregon
Syracuse U
U Richmond
U Missouri - Columbia
U Nebraska - Lincoln
Marquette U

These are the ones who don't seem to use an LSAC status checker:
Columbia
UMich
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
U Iowa
UC Davis
U Georgia
U Alabama
Loyola - Chicago
U Miami

If that looks right, then I'll go ahead and release it, otherwise let me know if I incorrectly list one as not existing and I'll add it to the program.

ucla doesn't have a status checker


Neither does Texas.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby neeko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Neither do Richmond, Cinci, Oregon.

User avatar
shatra
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 pm

mtyler19 wrote:Love this!! Sorry, not sure if anyone has asked but is there any way to see status on 2 different terms for one school? I applied to Baylor spring and fall, and the program is showing only spring. I'd rather see fall either way, if I can't see both can I change it? Thanks so much!


Honestly I'd never even thought of that possibility. I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend and see what I can do.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:50 pm

This is awesome! Well done.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby mtyler19 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:52 pm

shatra wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:Love this!! Sorry, not sure if anyone has asked but is there any way to see status on 2 different terms for one school? I applied to Baylor spring and fall, and the program is showing only spring. I'd rather see fall either way, if I can't see both can I change it? Thanks so much!


Honestly I'd never even thought of that possibility. I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend and see what I can do.


Awesome! Thank youuu!

powerrock
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby powerrock » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Is the program secure? Meaning, is there any concern that a third party will get hold of a person's info?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:56 pm

this didn't cure my addiction at all.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:this didn't cure my addiction at all.

+1 lol. It's made it more accessible. Now I'm just one button away from getting my fix as opposed to having to go to every site.

Thank you though. The program is awesome.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:this didn't cure my addiction at all.

+1 lol. It's made it more accessible. Now I'm just one button away from getting my fix as opposed to having to go to every site.

Thank you though. The program is awesome.

still have to go to Columbia's and M's but, yeah, I'm def refreshing hourly right now waiting for Duke PT

fakehunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby fakehunter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I had the same issue with Georgetown but no problem at WUSTL.

User avatar
Tim0thy222
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby Tim0thy222 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:53 pm

After installing, when I go to open the program I keep getting the following error:

"Installation Failed

Could not query info: Invalid HTTP Status Code (403)"

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and running as administrator.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Running Windows Vista 64-bit

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby llachans » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 pm

This is amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing this! :)

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Nice

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 pm

thank you for this. :)

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby lsatcrazy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:31 pm

This is awesome. Donation tab?

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Positively Awesome.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, cyclawps, DoYouEvenTLS, hellohalo, lazarzhr, luckydayahead, michelekfla, ohgosh, smashbash and 13 guests