Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shatra

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 am

paul34 wrote:Thank you. LSAC should pay you to write a centralized app for their site. I never understood why there isn't just a single, centralized checker on LSAC. I know some schools use their own app checker, but many seem to use the LSAC one. Good luck on your finals.

Thanks. :) LSAC says they don't do it because it takes away from your individualized experience with each school.

rckybbby

Postby rckybbby » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am

harrijust86 wrote:
ocbrody wrote:Can't seem to get it to save login info on step 2 on a Mac. Tried reinstalling/exiting out multiple times with no luck...any ideas?

As previously mentioned you must first save step 1. If this isnt the solution then ive got nothing for ya. (PC user with no problems thus far)

using a mac here. it seems to work perfectly. At one point i had "access" error messages, but refreshed all and it corrected. awesome freakin program. makes things terribly easy. I'm apparently not as freaked as most, and even i would pay money for this. thanks.

Johnlj56

Postby Johnlj56 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 am

I have to say this app is freakin awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

scottybared

Postby scottybared » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am

On Android I'm getting a connection error for Cornell and WUSTL and an application access error for Georgetown. Anyone else having problems with these schools? All the other 10+ schools are working perfectly. I haven't tried the desktop version.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am

scottybared wrote:On Android I'm getting a connection error for Cornell and WUSTL and an application access error for Georgetown. Anyone else having problems with these schools? All the other 10+ schools are working perfectly. I haven't tried the desktop version.

I can't get on WUSTLs status checker via desktop, so maybe that's why. I've tried two different browsers.

shatra

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:36 am

scottybared wrote:On Android I'm getting a connection error for Cornell and WUSTL and an application access error for Georgetown. Anyone else having problems with these schools? All the other 10+ schools are working perfectly. I haven't tried the desktop version.

Turns out Georgetown has changed the address of their status tracker since last year so I'll update that one tonight. As for the other two, it's just having trouble accessing them, I'd try those again later. Let me know if you keep having a problem with it though and I'll try and make sure there's nothing else going on.

bmili

Postby bmili » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 am

I know the automatic update works on the desktop version. Was able to get the update sent via email. FYI- George Mason is not working

mtyler19

Postby mtyler19 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Love this!! Sorry, not sure if anyone has asked but is there any way to see status on 2 different terms for one school? I applied to Baylor spring and fall, and the program is showing only spring. I'd rather see fall either way, if I can't see both can I change it? Thanks so much!

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:42 pm

shatra wrote:
coreno16 wrote:Just downloaded this for mac. Works on my system without a hitch thus far. I posted a comment on the site about the only issue. Closing the window closes the program.

Thanks again

So I apologize for the Mac ignorance, but is there no minimize button? Or does it work differently than I'm used to in Windows? In the windows version when you minimize it goes to the taskbar, and when you close it, it closes. Is it working differently in the Mac version? I need to make a friend in Chicago with a Mac or head down to the Apple store!

I've updated it (but not released just yet) to include all the schools I could find status trackers through rank 100, these are the ones I couldn't find:
UCLA
U Texas-Austin
George Washington U
Boston U
Emory U
U Notre Dame
Indiana U - Bloomington
U North Carolina
Arizona State U
U Colorado - Boulder
UC Hastings
U Cincinnati
U Oregon
Syracuse U
U Richmond
U Missouri - Columbia
U Nebraska - Lincoln
Marquette U

These are the ones who don't seem to use an LSAC status checker:
Columbia
UMich
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
U Iowa
UC Davis
U Georgia
U Alabama
Loyola - Chicago
U Miami

If that looks right, then I'll go ahead and release it, otherwise let me know if I incorrectly list one as not existing and I'll add it to the program.

ucla doesn't have a status checker

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm

lrslayer wrote:
shatra wrote:
coreno16 wrote:Just downloaded this for mac. Works on my system without a hitch thus far. I posted a comment on the site about the only issue. Closing the window closes the program.

Thanks again

So I apologize for the Mac ignorance, but is there no minimize button? Or does it work differently than I'm used to in Windows? In the windows version when you minimize it goes to the taskbar, and when you close it, it closes. Is it working differently in the Mac version? I need to make a friend in Chicago with a Mac or head down to the Apple store!

I've updated it (but not released just yet) to include all the schools I could find status trackers through rank 100, these are the ones I couldn't find:
UCLA
U Texas-Austin
George Washington U
Boston U
Emory U
U Notre Dame
Indiana U - Bloomington
U North Carolina
Arizona State U
U Colorado - Boulder
UC Hastings
U Cincinnati
U Oregon
Syracuse U
U Richmond
U Missouri - Columbia
U Nebraska - Lincoln
Marquette U

These are the ones who don't seem to use an LSAC status checker:
Columbia
UMich
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
U Iowa
UC Davis
U Georgia
U Alabama
Loyola - Chicago
U Miami

If that looks right, then I'll go ahead and release it, otherwise let me know if I incorrectly list one as not existing and I'll add it to the program.

ucla doesn't have a status checker

Neither does Texas.

neeko

Postby neeko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Neither do Richmond, Cinci, Oregon.

shatra

Postby shatra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 pm

mtyler19 wrote:Love this!! Sorry, not sure if anyone has asked but is there any way to see status on 2 different terms for one school? I applied to Baylor spring and fall, and the program is showing only spring. I'd rather see fall either way, if I can't see both can I change it? Thanks so much!

Honestly I'd never even thought of that possibility. I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend and see what I can do.

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:50 pm

This is awesome! Well done.

mtyler19

Postby mtyler19 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:52 pm

shatra wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:Love this!! Sorry, not sure if anyone has asked but is there any way to see status on 2 different terms for one school? I applied to Baylor spring and fall, and the program is showing only spring. I'd rather see fall either way, if I can't see both can I change it? Thanks so much!

Honestly I'd never even thought of that possibility. I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend and see what I can do.

Awesome! Thank youuu!

powerrock

Postby powerrock » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Is the program secure? Meaning, is there any concern that a third party will get hold of a person's info?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:56 pm

this didn't cure my addiction at all.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:this didn't cure my addiction at all.

+1 lol. It's made it more accessible. Now I'm just one button away from getting my fix as opposed to having to go to every site.

Thank you though. The program is awesome.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:this didn't cure my addiction at all.

+1 lol. It's made it more accessible. Now I'm just one button away from getting my fix as opposed to having to go to every site.

Thank you though. The program is awesome.

still have to go to Columbia's and M's but, yeah, I'm def refreshing hourly right now waiting for Duke PT

fakehunter

Postby fakehunter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I had the same issue with Georgetown but no problem at WUSTL.

Tim0thy222

Postby Tim0thy222 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:53 pm

After installing, when I go to open the program I keep getting the following error:

"Installation Failed

Could not query info: Invalid HTTP Status Code (403)"

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and running as administrator.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Running Windows Vista 64-bit

llachans

Postby llachans » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 pm

This is amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing this! :)

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Nice

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 pm

thank you for this. :)

lsatcrazy

Postby lsatcrazy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:31 pm

This is awesome. Donation tab?

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Positively Awesome.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”