You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jplwine
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby jplwine » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Hawaii

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:3.4, 170 denied at University of Utah. I was an alum, too.

:shock: :shock: did you tell them that you love gays and black people? did you write your PS about how you believe there is no God?


ha ha no, I'm pretty sure the thing that fucked me was that section of the application that asks what other schools I was applying to. I wrote down things like UVA, Michigan, Cornell, UCLA, etc. I'm pretty sure that they thought I was shooting for the moon and would go to the highest school that accepted me, and that I had a good chance of getting into some of those places.

that is complete bullshit that they ask that question. i've never heard of that before!

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

jplwine wrote:Hawaii

cool story bro

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby joemoviebuff » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:3.4, 170 denied at University of Utah. I was an alum, too.

:shock: :shock: did you tell them that you love gays and black people? did you write your PS about how you believe there is no God?


ha ha no, I'm pretty sure the thing that fucked me was that section of the application that asks what other schools I was applying to. I wrote down things like UVA, Michigan, Cornell, UCLA, etc. I'm pretty sure that they thought I was shooting for the moon and would go to the highest school that accepted me, and that I had a good chance of getting into some of those places.

that is complete bullshit that they ask that question. i've never heard of that before!


Really? It certainly wasn't the only app I filled out that asked for it.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby jacketman03 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:aces.

that is complete bullshit that they ask that question. i've never heard of that before![/quote]
There were a couple of apps I filled out that had that question, but the only one that I explicitly remember was Michigan State, and I got dinged there in spite of being a "Strong Consider" and above their 75th LSAT.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:51 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: :shock: :shock: did you tell them that you love gays and black people? did you write your PS about how you believe there is no God?


ha ha no, I'm pretty sure the thing that fucked me was that section of the application that asks what other schools I was applying to. I wrote down things like UVA, Michigan, Cornell, UCLA, etc. I'm pretty sure that they thought I was shooting for the moon and would go to the highest school that accepted me, and that I had a good chance of getting into some of those places.

that is complete bullshit that they ask that question. i've never heard of that before!


Really? It certainly wasn't the only app I filled out that asked for it.

i applied to 8 schools and i never saw it once. though they were all t14s except for Minnesota

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby jacketman03 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:54 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote: i applied to 8 schools and i never saw it once. though they were all t14s except for Minnesota

I think the lower the rank, the more likely that question will show up.

User avatar
shatra
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby shatra » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:56 pm

George Mason.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:57 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: i applied to 8 schools and i never saw it once. though they were all t14s except for Minnesota

I think the lower the rank, the more likely that question will show up.

right, i got that.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby Hannibal » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

If we included WLs you could pretty much write down my whole cycle.

Surprisingly UMN was merely strong consider.

Edit: NVM, I'll list them:

Mich
UCLA
Texas (ding, only ding of cycle)
Notre Dame

I think I had more "admits". Guess not.

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby bostonlawchick » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 pm

TommyK wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:None yet, but I'm an admit at bc/bu on lsp and I'm fully expecting a ding at both. They dot seem to take many gpas below 3.4 :(


You weren't an admit at either, according to lsp

:oops: my bad I could have sworn it said admit.

I think maybe I looked at it before all I had my transcripts in and thought my gpa would be higher. Wishful thinking I guess.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby jacketman03 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Hannibal wrote:If we included WLs you could pretty much write down my whole cycle.

Surprisingly UMN was merely strong consider.

Edit: NVM, I'll list them:

Mich
UCLA
Texas (ding, only ding of cycle)
Notre Dame

I think I had more "admits". Guess not.

Texas' GPA floor is brutal, that sucks, man.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby gaud » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Georgia State....... above their medians but probably wouldnt have gone anyway, just applied due to fee waiver

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby Bumi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Ohio State. About a point below median GPA and about 15 points above median LSAT. I thought the midwest loves splitters!

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby TommyK » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Bumi wrote:Ohio State. About a point below median GPA and about 15 points above median LSAT. I thought the midwest loves splitters!


Yeah, OSU is weird like that. In past years, they've accepted 163/3.08, but rejected 168/2.9. They seem to have a hard floor at 3.0 they don't budge on

dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby dissonance1848 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:12 pm

LSP is fucked for splitters. If you are <25%/>75% for GPA and LSAT scores, LSP doesn't work.

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby dr123 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:3.4, 170 denied at University of Utah. I was an alum, too.

:shock: :shock: did you tell them that you love gays and black people? did you write your PS about how you believe there is no God?


SLC/u of utah is actually pretty liberal, its just the rest of utah that isnt

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby subtle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 pm

I was a strong consider at GW but got rejected, does that count?

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby Bumi » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

dissonance1848 wrote:LSP is fucked for splitters. If you are <25%/>75% for GPA and LSAT scores, LSP doesn't work.

Agreed. There's a nonlinearity for most schools at 3.0 that LSP doesn't take into account. And there's no WE checkbox so I bet it's terrible for NU.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 am

dissonance1848 wrote:LSP is fucked for splitters. If you are <25%/>75% for GPA and LSAT scores, LSP doesn't work.


This is indeed true.

I was below 25th GPA and at 75th for both GW and Davis. GW let me in and I was a deny, Davis dinged me and I was a consider. I was 10 points above the LSAT median for Miami and got WLed.

Supersplitters and/or URMs have pretty much NO use at all for LSP.

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby HBK » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 am

I was accepted with a 2/3 scholarship to Baylor's Summer term. When I told them I wanted to enroll in the fall, they flat out rejected me. Not even an admittance- a "Sorry, maybe try again in the spring"

Thought that was a slap in the face.

/168, 3.3

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby Miracle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:52 am

HBK wrote:I was accepted with a 2/3 scholarship to Baylor's Summer term. When I told them I wanted to enroll in the fall, they flat out rejected me. Not even an admittance- a "Sorry, maybe try again in the spring"

Thought that was a slap in the face.

/168, 3.3


So they rejected you for the fall but accepted in the summer?

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 am

Admit at Texas. Rejected.
Admit at UIUC. WL'ed.

Surprised by UIUC. Not by texas as a OOS splitter.

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby HBK » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:56 am

Miracle wrote:
HBK wrote:I was accepted with a 2/3 scholarship to Baylor's Summer term. When I told them I wanted to enroll in the fall, they flat out rejected me. Not even an admittance- a "Sorry, maybe try again in the spring"

Thought that was a slap in the face.

/168, 3.3


So they rejected you for the fall but accepted in the summer?


They have three terms you can apply to. I didn't want to enroll in the summer, but figured I'd see what package they offered (didn't even want to go to Baylor, but wasn't willing to flat out turn down a full ride). So I submitted an application for each term. They admitted me with a substantial scholarship for the summer, but later denied me for fall.

User avatar
lastch2
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: You were considered a"Admit" by LSP but actually got denied

Postby lastch2 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:13 am

michigan >95% ....ding. a waitlist i could understand but i'm atleast at their 25th gpa as opposed to most schools.
gulc WL, uchi WL

177/3.58




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, JazzyMac, Specter1389 and 5 guests