Where to go...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Of the 3 schools listed, which is best?

Rutgers - Camden
29%
Miami
61%
Hofstra
11%

Total votes: 28

jonnyrolfe

Where to go...

Postby jonnyrolfe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:45 am

Hey Everyone,

Thus far I have gotten into Rutgers - Camden, Miami and Hofstra. I've also been wait listed at Villanova and still waiting to hear back from Brooklyn, St. Johns, San Diego and Chicago - Kent. I understand once schools are within a certain tier, it more comes down to which schools fit your needs based on their specialties, location, etc. However of the 3 I have gotten into thus far, I'm leaning heavily towards Rutgers due to the better job prospects and lower tuition. Part of me still wants to go to Miami though because it's a much better location and just overall better ranking. Of the schools listed, what would be your power rankings in terms of what you have heard from friends/family/co-workers? I understand the specifics really matter, but I just to want to get an overall feel and consensus from informed people.

All informed opinions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Mattfl88

Re: Where to go...

Postby Mattfl88 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:20 pm

First, I think this thread should go in the Choosing a Law School section. You will probably get more responses there as well.

Second, I think this decision depends A) Where you want to practice B) Any scholarships? and C) Are you instate for Rutgers?

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:27 pm

add an option for retake. retake.

jonnyrolfe

Postby jonnyrolfe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Yeah sorry for placing it here. I didn't see the other section before. I am kinda of indifferent about where I practice. Although I don't want to get stuck in New Jersey. However, I know Rutgers has strong connections to phili/nyc. No scholarships yet but from what I have heard, you can get in state tuition from Rutgers by your second year so Rutgers is obviously the more cost efficient choice.

Regardless I'm just asking about what general things you have heard about the schools I listed. I don't want your opinion about my specific case. More just where you would rank the schools I listed based on the schools reputation and from what you have heard from friends.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:11 am

Based on the information you have given...

Miami.

mez06

Postby mez06 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 am

Whoever said Miami doesn't know what they are talking about. The school itself is expensive. And then COL will hit you over the head as well. The SoFla market compared to the NJ/NY market isn't even comparable. Go with the cheaper option and work your hometown connection.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”