U. Of Florida "no decision"

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby jackattack17 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:44 pm

letter issued for me today (complete 12/21). more curious than anything at this point, since i liked fsu a lot and have already deposited there. we shall see. OOS 3.6/161

orioles88
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby orioles88 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Letter issued today as well!

eel7566
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby eel7566 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:53 pm

orioles88 wrote:Letter issued today as well!


Me too.

Looks like a lot of us got letters sent out today.

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Due to the large amount of letters issued today I think this might be the waitlist batch..
Either that, or some sort of mixed batch? Either way, I'm just glad to finally see a change in my status. Alicrimson, where you at?

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby alicrimson » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:Due to the large amount of letters issued today I think this might be the waitlist batch..
Either that, or some sort of mixed batch? Either way, I'm just glad to finally see a change in my status. Alicrimson, where you at?


Mine changed and, honestly, I'm not too excited about it. I've seen a ton of really high LSATs in this group but because of the number of letters issued, I'm thinking mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists. That is the debbie downer in me BUT I could also see a group of acceptances because that damn deadline has passed and UF has a better idea of how their class is shaping up. Gah! So much speculation. Hopefully the mail comes fast.

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:49 pm

alicrimson wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:Due to the large amount of letters issued today I think this might be the waitlist batch..
Either that, or some sort of mixed batch? Either way, I'm just glad to finally see a change in my status. Alicrimson, where you at?


Mine changed and, honestly, I'm not too excited about it. I've seen a ton of really high LSATs in this group but because of the number of letters issued, I'm thinking mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists. That is the debbie downer in me BUT I could also see a group of acceptances because that damn deadline has passed and UF has a better idea of how their class is shaping up. Gah! So much speculation. Hopefully the mail comes fast.


Haha yup.. I guess all we can do now is wait. We should be good at the whole waiting thing by now

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:54 pm

If it makes you feel better, I know of a few people at ASD who were definitely withdrawing after seeing their lack of need-based aid. So, even if you are on the WL, spots are available.

Alicrimson, I'm hoping you choose UF so we can be roomies! I have so much Bama stuff it's not even funny. (I think I'll never hear back from Bama)

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby haoledugan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:54 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:Due to the large amount of letters issued today I think this might be the waitlist batch..
Either that, or some sort of mixed batch? Either way, I'm just glad to finally see a change in my status. Alicrimson, where you at?


Mine changed and, honestly, I'm not too excited about it. I've seen a ton of really high LSATs in this group but because of the number of letters issued, I'm thinking mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists. That is the debbie downer in me BUT I could also see a group of acceptances because that damn deadline has passed and UF has a better idea of how their class is shaping up. Gah! So much speculation. Hopefully the mail comes fast.


Haha yup.. I guess all we can do now is wait. We should be good at the whole waiting thing by now



Good Luck to all of us!!! Whatever the outcomes, I wish you guys the best!

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby alicrimson » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:57 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:If it makes you feel better, I know of a few people at ASD who were definitely withdrawing after seeing their lack of need-based aid. So, even if you are on the WL, spots are available.

Alicrimson, I'm hoping you choose UF so we can be roomies! I have so much Bama stuff it's not even funny. (I think I'll never hear back from Bama)



Ahaha yes! Hoping so. I mean, really, if its waitlist that will be annoying; however, it would pretty much be a formal version of what I've been doing since October. lol. Also, bama hasn't gotten back to me yet either. So much for A club. :roll:

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:03 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:If it makes you feel better, I know of a few people at ASD who were definitely withdrawing after seeing their lack of need-based aid. So, even if you are on the WL, spots are available.

Alicrimson, I'm hoping you choose UF so we can be roomies! I have so much Bama stuff it's not even funny. (I think I'll never hear back from Bama)


Camellia, what exactly do you mean by their lack of need-based aid? Did they say they are out of money? I know Barbie just got some about a week ago...

User avatar
Aro5389
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby Aro5389 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:Letter issued O.o

alicrimson wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:Due to the large amount of letters issued today I think this might be the waitlist batch..
Either that, or some sort of mixed batch? Either way, I'm just glad to finally see a change in my status. Alicrimson, where you at?


Mine changed and, honestly, I'm not too excited about it. I've seen a ton of really high LSATs in this group but because of the number of letters issued, I'm thinking mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists. That is the debbie downer in me BUT I could also see a group of acceptances because that damn deadline has passed and UF has a better idea of how their class is shaping up. Gah! So much speculation. Hopefully the mail comes fast.


Bahh.. good luck you guys I'm pulling for you both! And just FYI, my letter was issued last Monday, postmarked Thursday, and arrived on Saturday. (Orlando)

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
pinkcamellia wrote:If it makes you feel better, I know of a few people at ASD who were definitely withdrawing after seeing their lack of need-based aid. So, even if you are on the WL, spots are available.

Alicrimson, I'm hoping you choose UF so we can be roomies! I have so much Bama stuff it's not even funny. (I think I'll never hear back from Bama)


Camellia, what exactly do you mean by their lack of need-based aid? Did they say they are out of money? I know Barbie just got some about a week ago...


There was no indication that they were out of need-based. I think that most schools just give out more $ than UF and they were hoping need-based would come through to justify going to UF.

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Aro5389 wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:Letter issued O.o

alicrimson wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:Due to the large amount of letters issued today I think this might be the waitlist batch..
Either that, or some sort of mixed batch? Either way, I'm just glad to finally see a change in my status. Alicrimson, where you at?


Mine changed and, honestly, I'm not too excited about it. I've seen a ton of really high LSATs in this group but because of the number of letters issued, I'm thinking mixed batch of acceptances and waitlists. That is the debbie downer in me BUT I could also see a group of acceptances because that damn deadline has passed and UF has a better idea of how their class is shaping up. Gah! So much speculation. Hopefully the mail comes fast.


Bahh.. good luck you guys I'm pulling for you both! And just FYI, my letter was issued last Monday, postmarked Thursday, and arrived on Saturday. (Orlando)


Well I'm down in Palm Beach, so maybe a Saturday arrival can happen for me. Thanks for the luck! It's just funny that this happened the day after I decided to give up.

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby dukivich10 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Im STILL no decision from November....what's another week at this point...

rivkah
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby rivkah » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Letter issued for me too. I'm betting waitlist :( I know this doesn't mean the end of the road but ah I was really hoping I'd get in here, it would be amazingggg

star09
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby star09 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 pm

accepted today, letter issued 4/11, good luck all!

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby alicrimson » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 pm

star09 wrote:accepted today, letter issued 4/11, good luck all!


Congrats!!!

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby haoledugan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 pm

did my post disappear? Weird. Anyway, I just received my acceptance. good luck to you all. As for me, I have no idea what to do at this point (deposited @ ASU last week).

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 pm

haoledugan wrote:did my post disappear? Weird. Anyway, I just received my acceptance. good luck to you all. As for me, I have no idea what to do at this point (deposited @ ASU last week).


You know you wanna be a Gator :D

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby haoledugan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
haoledugan wrote:did my post disappear? Weird. Anyway, I just received my acceptance. good luck to you all. As for me, I have no idea what to do at this point (deposited @ ASU last week).


You know you wanna be a Gator :D


Six months ago... Scratch that... Three months ago I woulda said "hell yes!", but the 7 mos. of limbo have caused crazy confusion in my little brain. Now, I'm just looking for closure. Can I get some closure?! Ugh

(obviously, this cycle has drained me)

User avatar
Aro5389
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby Aro5389 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:53 am

haoledugan wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
haoledugan wrote:did my post disappear? Weird. Anyway, I just received my acceptance. good luck to you all. As for me, I have no idea what to do at this point (deposited @ ASU last week).


You know you wanna be a Gator :D


Six months ago... Scratch that... Three months ago I woulda said "hell yes!", but the 7 mos. of limbo have caused crazy confusion in my little brain. Now, I'm just looking for closure. Can I get some closure?! Ugh

(obviously, this cycle has drained me)


Yeah I feel you, especially waiting that long. I thought waiting almost 3 months was brutal but 7? Yikes.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby alicrimson » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:18 am

Aro5389 wrote:
haoledugan wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
haoledugan wrote:did my post disappear? Weird. Anyway, I just received my acceptance. good luck to you all. As for me, I have no idea what to do at this point (deposited @ ASU last week).


You know you wanna be a Gator :D


Six months ago... Scratch that... Three months ago I woulda said "hell yes!", but the 7 mos. of limbo have caused crazy confusion in my little brain. Now, I'm just looking for closure. Can I get some closure?! Ugh

(obviously, this cycle has drained me)


Yeah I feel you, especially waiting that long. I thought waiting almost 3 months was brutal but 7? Yikes.


Yay, haole!!!! I knew you'd get in. :D Good luck with your decision. I'm sure anywhere you go will be great. On a separate note, I too have been waiting almost 7 months and if this letter yeseterday was a waitlist, I'm going to light it on fire and piss on the ashes. So impatient. haha.

Sir Pink
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby Sir Pink » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:14 am

.
Last edited by Sir Pink on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby dukivich10 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Letter issued today....159 3.6

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Postby haoledugan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Yeah I feel you, especially waiting that long. I thought waiting almost 3 months was brutal but 7? Yikes.[/quote]

Yay, haole!!!! I knew you'd get in. :D Good luck with your decision. I'm sure anywhere you go will be great. On a separate note, I too have been waiting almost 7 months and if this letter yeseterday was a waitlist, I'm going to light it on fire and piss on the ashes. So impatient. haha.[/quote]

Thanks! There should be some sort of point system in the admissions process- where points are accumulated daily by applicants for every day over 3 mos. They have to wait to hear a decision, where so many points = admission. Not really, but it doesn't seems fair that someone could wait 7 months for a possible waitlist! Thats what was really getting me.
Anyway, I think you're in with me, so this won't apply :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Nayanthika, siyuanff, SNightHighlights and 9 guests