U. Of Florida "no decision" Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SixStrings11

Bronze

Re: U. Of Florida "no decision"

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Finally heard back from one of my "can't make a decision" schools.. Waitlisted at Tulane. Hopefully UF and/or FSU decide to be slightly more generous when they get back to me.

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:27 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:Finally heard back from one of my "can't make a decision" schools.. Waitlisted at Tulane. Hopefully UF and/or FSU decide to be slightly more generous when they get back to me.
9 more days and I'm throwing down a deposit on ASU. I honestly don't know in an acceptance from UF will deter me from ASU at this point. Only one way to know for sure...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:49 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:Finally heard back from one of my "can't make a decision" schools.. Waitlisted at Tulane. Hopefully UF and/or FSU decide to be slightly more generous when they get back to me.
I withdrew this past week from Tulane. Maybe you'll get my spot and I'll get karma from UF in return? haha. On the deposit note, slapped one down at FSU.

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:09 pm

alicrimson wrote:
I withdrew this past week from Tulane. Maybe you'll get my spot and I'll get karma from UF in return? haha. On the deposit note, slapped one down at FSU.
What's happening to our trio??? lol

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 pm

haoledugan wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
Haha well too be honest I don't even know if I'm really feeling Tulane. I'm assuming if I'm waitlisted I have no shot at scholarship.. and without money, it would cost me pretty much the same as Miami.. if not more. UF and FSU are my only hope to reduce my debt a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DirtyMagic97

New

Post by DirtyMagic97 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 am

I've been in the same boat as many of you since 4/1/2011. I wish I'd hear back! I sent them an email and got the "it's an ongoing process and decisions are made daily" response back from them. So, nothing new to add. Good luck to all of you.

pearlmc

New

Post by pearlmc » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:12 am

DirtyMagic97 wrote:I've been in the same boat as many of you since 4/1/2011. I wish I'd hear back! I sent them an email and got the "it's an ongoing process and decisions are made daily" response back from them. So, nothing new to add. Good luck to all of you.
Not trying to be rude, but some of us have been no decision reached since November (and maybe October?). SO a week of waiting isn't really going to get much sympathy here.

DirtyMagic97

New

Post by DirtyMagic97 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 am

pearlmc wrote:
DirtyMagic97 wrote:I've been in the same boat as many of you since 4/1/2011. I wish I'd hear back! I sent them an email and got the "it's an ongoing process and decisions are made daily" response back from them. So, nothing new to add. Good luck to all of you.
Not trying to be rude, but some of us have been no decision reached since November (and maybe October?). SO a week of waiting isn't really going to get much sympathy here.
Not asking for sympathy. I have a friend who has been in that same boat since November. Just saying I've nothing to add, and coming on here in case I get some sort of decision soon. That is all.

pearlmc

New

Post by pearlmc » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 pm

DirtyMagic97 wrote:
pearlmc wrote:
Not asking for sympathy. I have a friend who has been in that same boat since November. Just saying I've nothing to add, and coming on here in case I get some sort of decision soon. That is all.
sorry. i'm on edge...in case you couldn't tell.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:53 pm

haoledugan wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
Hopefully all going to UF!!! But, a girl has to have backup options. haha.

Dripworx

Bronze

Post by Dripworx » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:18 pm

suzee401 wrote:
Dripworx wrote:Letter issued, 5-10 days for delivery.

I got dinged for sure. This was my super reach school so I know it lol.
:( Did your status change today?
Yes it changed yesterday, It has to be a ding. 159 and 2.95 lol no chance in hell but hey it was worth the fight

DirtyMagic97

New

Post by DirtyMagic97 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:36 pm

pearlmc wrote:
DirtyMagic97 wrote:
pearlmc wrote:
sorry. i'm on edge...in case you couldn't tell.
No worries. I understand completely. I'm on edge and I haven't been waiting too long.

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 pm

What I don't understand is why UF hasn't assigned many of us to a waitlist? Will there even be a waitlist? Seems pretty late in the game to me.
Other note, Just saw Tim Tebow in a t-shirt commercial.... I gotta admit, that was pretty awesome! GO GATORS!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 pm

haoledugan wrote:What I don't understand is why UF hasn't assigned many of us to a waitlist? Will there even be a waitlist? Seems pretty late in the game to me.
Other note, Just saw Tim Tebow in a t-shirt commercial.... I gotta admit, that was pretty awesome! GO GATORS!
Every night I tell myself, "Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow my status is going to change." And every day I become severely disappointed...lol

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:21 pm

haoledugan wrote:What I don't understand is why UF hasn't assigned many of us to a waitlist? Will there even be a waitlist? Seems pretty late in the game to me.
Does anyone even know anyone who was waitlisted yet? I mean, I see a couple on LSN but most of them also have TLS accounts and were actually on this "No Decision" thing and marked that as a waitlist before getting the reject letters. I just ask because, I don't know anyone who has been told they were waitlisted outright this cycle amongst my contacts at UF and beyond. Crazy.

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:34 pm

159/3.83... extremely borderline I know.

I really think the ones who are stuck on this no decision status for over a month now are mainly waitlists and some a acceptances. I feel like they've been quick to send out rejections (especially as of late) and are just finishing up the ones they have left to then give final decisions.

On that note, got waitlisted by Notre Dame today so made me feel a bit better about my chances at UF.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 am

Aro5389 wrote:159/3.83... extremely borderline I know.

I really think the ones who are stuck on this no decision status for over a month now are mainly waitlists and some a acceptances. I feel like they've been quick to send out rejections (especially as of late) and are just finishing up the ones they have left to then give final decisions.

On that note, got waitlisted by Notre Dame today so made me feel a bit better about my chances at UF.
Your numbers and mine are pretty much the same and I think you're correct. I foresee alot of waitlists. Especially for those of us around that number who've been no decision since November.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Aro5389 wrote:159/3.83... extremely borderline I know.

Your numbers and mine are pretty much the same and I think you're correct. I foresee alot of waitlists. Especially for those of us around that number who've been no decision since November.

Agreed. I see my decision being a "waitlist"... which means if I were to hold out on UF, I could be putting myself through another 3 months of suspense/undo stress. I just don't know if I'd care to do that.

pinkcamellia

Silver

Post by pinkcamellia » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm rooting for y'all to be gators with me - especially you, alicrimson - roll tide!!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:58 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:I'm rooting for y'all to be gators with me - especially you, alicrimson - roll tide!!
Haha. Thanks! Roll Tide! If I do end up going to UF, I will be one of the easiest TLS nerds to spot in our class. haha.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:41 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DirtyMagic97

New

Post by DirtyMagic97 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 am

Status changed to "Letter issued (5-10 days)" as of this morning. Probably not a good thing.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:10 am

DirtyMagic97 wrote:Status changed to "Letter issued (5-10 days)" as of this morning. Probably not a good thing.
Could be very good. What are your stats?

DirtyMagic97

New

Post by DirtyMagic97 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:16 pm

alicrimson wrote:
DirtyMagic97 wrote:Status changed to "Letter issued (5-10 days)" as of this morning. Probably not a good thing.
GPA: 3.48
LSAT: 166

Not holding my breath. My first year of undergrad was kind of disastrous. I did an addendum explaining my circumstances and implored them to view my upward GPA trend with some weight. I guess I will see in 5-10 days.

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 pm

DirtyMagic97 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
GPA: 3.48
LSAT: 166

Not holding my breath. My first year of undergrad was kind of disastrous. I did an addendum explaining my circumstances and implored them to view my upward GPA trend with some weight. I guess I will see in 5-10 days.
Bro I think you're good. I'm still pending... def. think you're in and I might be lucky to be a waitlist.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”