Checking In Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CanesaLuva

New

Checking In

Post by CanesaLuva » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 pm

Is it a good idea to check in at the law schools who I've applied too? I applied last month and I was thinking of calling and asking if they needed anymore information or if there was anything else I could do or want to see from me? I want to do this to show im very interested.

Thoughts? Ideas?

misspoopers

New

Re: Checking In

Post by misspoopers » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:06 am

Most law schools have a status checker that allow you to see what things are missing and what part of the process your application is going through (whether it be "processing", "Application complete", or "under review").

More often than not if your application is missing something, they will notify you and I would only send a letter of continued interest (LOCI) to a school if I were waitlisted or held.

CanesaLuva

New

Post by CanesaLuva » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks for the comments. I know I have nothing missing but I was thinking by calling it'd help my name stand out somehow or if they got to know me better

twairlines

Bronze

Post by twairlines » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:35 am

no. they are busy enough. whoever you talk to won't even be reviewing your file. pointless.

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 am

CanesaLuva wrote:Thanks for the comments. I know I have nothing missing but I was thinking by calling it'd help my name stand out somehow or if they got to know me better
You must be joking. Imagine Adcomms reviewing your application: "Well he's below our 25s in LSAT/GPA but he made a really nice 30 sec. phone call to Vanessa our junior bimbo admissions staffer so that makes him an auto admit...". Dude if you called the second you hang up they will forget your name, if they ever paid attention in the first place. You're a law school applicant, not a dating show contestant. Get real.

ScarryBakhtin

Bronze

Post by ScarryBakhtin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:48 am

Cade McNown wrote:
CanesaLuva wrote:Thanks for the comments. I know I have nothing missing but I was thinking by calling it'd help my name stand out somehow or if they got to know me better
You must be joking. Imagine Adcomms reviewing your application: "Well he's below our 25s in LSAT/GPA but he made a really nice 30 sec. phone call to Vanessa our junior bimbo admissions staffer so that makes him an auto admit...". Dude if you called the second you hang up they will forget your name, if they ever paid attention in the first place. You're a law school applicant, not a dating show contestant. Get real.
Yet another classic TLS moment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”