Michigan Waitlist 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sreichel
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby sreichel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 am

Kabuo wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
Kabuo wrote:My response wasn't canned I'd say. She acknowledged in her response that they were thankful for me telling them I'd be interested up until the date that I told them I would be. So, they read it or got lucky.

mine said the same thing....


Not trying to say I'm a special snowflake or anything, just that I didn't think the response was canned, which could explain why it took 2 days for them to get back to us.

Same thing, it wasn't a blank formletter, but basically said "thank you for this response you stated and this concern you expressed, we'll add them to your file". And Kabuo, you are a special snowflake, just like the rest of us :wink:

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby fingersxd » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 pm

sreichel wrote:
Kabuo wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
Kabuo wrote:My response wasn't canned I'd say. She acknowledged in her response that they were thankful for me telling them I'd be interested up until the date that I told them I would be. So, they read it or got lucky.

mine said the same thing....


Not trying to say I'm a special snowflake or anything, just that I didn't think the response was canned, which could explain why it took 2 days for them to get back to us.

Same thing, it wasn't a blank formletter, but basically said "thank you for this response you stated and this concern you expressed, we'll add them to your file". And Kabuo, you are a special snowflake, just like the rest of us :wink:


Just got the same e-mail this morning...so at least I know they read the cover e-mail (if not the LOCI itself)! ha-ha

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Kabuo wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
Kabuo wrote:My response wasn't canned I'd say. She acknowledged in her response that they were thankful for me telling them I'd be interested up until the date that I told them I would be. So, they read it or got lucky.

mine said the same thing....


Not trying to say I'm a special snowflake or anything, just that I didn't think the response was canned, which could explain why it took 2 days for them to get back to us.

I know, I didn't mean for that to come of rude or anything!!!

I withdrew anyway the next day.....my brain got to me and I realized that staying on Michigains waitlist...as much as I LOVE the school was unfair if I was probably not going to drop UVA for them given the off chance I was accepted....but withdrawing still hurt :(.

good luck to you all....I hope someone else gets to relive harry potter while studying torts :).

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Kabuo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:25 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:I know, I didn't mean for that to come of rude or anything!!!

I withdrew anyway the next day.....my brain got to me and I realized that staying on Michigains waitlist...as much as I LOVE the school was unfair if I was probably not going to drop UVA for them given the off chance I was accepted....but withdrawing still hurt :(.

good luck to you all....I hope someone else gets to relive harry potter while studying torts :).


Oops, ellipses always throw me off. Thanks for withdrawing though. Enjoy UVA :D

User avatar
saito816
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby saito816 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Just withdrew :( it was a tough decision because I really did love the ASW, good luck to whoever gets my spot

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby theturkeyisfat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

saito816 wrote:Just withdrew :( it was a tough decision because I really did love the ASW, good luck to whoever gets my spot


where are you going?

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Kabuo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:
saito816 wrote:Just withdrew :( it was a tough decision because I really did love the ASW, good luck to whoever gets my spot


where are you going?


Harvard if his/her profile is up to date. Congrats saito.

User avatar
saito816
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby saito816 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Kabuo wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:
saito816 wrote:Just withdrew :( it was a tough decision because I really did love the ASW, good luck to whoever gets my spot


where are you going?


Harvard if his/her profile is up to date. Congrats saito.


Thanks, I'm excited about Harvard, but Michigan seemed like a really great place I hope you all get in.

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby fingersxd » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am

saito816 wrote:
Kabuo wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:
saito816 wrote:Just withdrew :( it was a tough decision because I really did love the ASW, good luck to whoever gets my spot


where are you going?


Harvard if his/her profile is up to date. Congrats saito.


Thanks, I'm excited about Harvard, but Michigan seemed like a really great place I hope you all get in.


Congrats on Harvard. Must say I'm jealous though. For your stats, your cycle looks like it went pretty amazingly.

Seems like a few people are pulling out of Michigan...here's hoping they start handing out spots.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 am

Just withdrew today. That should free up a spot and some cash. Good luck to you all.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby JustE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Just withdrew today. That should free up a spot and some cash. Good luck to you all.


Thanks!

tigerbunny
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby tigerbunny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:50 am

Been waitlisted at Michigan since April 9th.
But I got in from the WL at Cornell June 8th... paid the deposit there and applying for financial aid now.
I've told Michigan that I'm willing to wait until August if they will offer me a scholarship.
I'll wait until early August when the tuition is due for Cornell, and if still no news from U Mich, I might tell them I'm no longer interested.

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby fingersxd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:45 pm

tigerbunny wrote:Been waitlisted at Michigan since April 9th.
But I got in from the WL at Cornell June 8th... paid the deposit there and applying for financial aid now.
I've told Michigan that I'm willing to wait until August if they will offer me a scholarship.
I'll wait until early August when the tuition is due for Cornell, and if still no news from U Mich, I might tell them I'm no longer interested.


If you gave them a scholarship stipulation you might be waiting for a while. 95% of tge WL would go at sticker and probabaly made that clear.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Kabuo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Sooooo. 2 more days til 2nd deposit deadline comes and goes. Hoping we see some movement by Friday.

cornhusker
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby cornhusker » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Here's to hoping the adcomm see some wisdom in accepting splitters for available spots! Geez, gpa is ONE number of many numbers/factors!

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Kabuo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:52 pm

cornhusker wrote:Here's to hoping the adcomm see some wisdom in accepting splitters for available spots! Geez, gpa is ONE number of many numbers/factors!


Yeah! And my LSAT is like, way higher than these reverse splitters' and normies' (people above both medians) GPAs.

rui
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby rui » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 am

Just withdrew - hope my spot in the class goes to someone deserving on here! I'm going to miss Dean Z's emails.

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby theturkeyisfat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 am

is the michigan deposit deadline a postmark date or a payment received date?

5110
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby 5110 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 am

I think postmarked; last year they wrote an update e-mail two days after the deadline. So, I think we can expect another e-mail (with more info) on Friday.

User avatar
happyfeet
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby happyfeet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

just withdrew my app. good luck to everyone!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Just sent in my LOCI to Michigan. Keeping my fingers crossed that some people in this thread hear back good news soon from Ann Arbor!

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby TheOcho » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Just sent in my LOCI to Michigan. Keeping my fingers crossed that some people in this thread hear back good news soon from Ann Arbor!


+1. As much as I'd love to be pulled from the WL, if you guys are anything like me it will make your year if accepted. Good luck.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Kabuo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:19 pm

http://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestu ... /wait.aspx

Updated the waitlist page. Looks like they intend to make 5 offers by the end of June. Unfortunately, I think there are still roughly 30 TLSers waiting and who knows how many non TLSers. :roll:

User avatar
NorCalBruin
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby NorCalBruin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Probably hundreds.

Seriously... probably hundreds.... :shock:

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:38 pm

5 out of who knows how many. Well, a shot is still a shot.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, cathy95, genjustice, oliviaj_j, potterotter, Tomthecat, trohara14, whodareswins, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests