Michigan Waitlist 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kabuo

Silver

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Post by Kabuo » Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 am

I bet a lot of those on LSN just haven't updated, but I'm only now starting to think that the waitlist is really small enough that they can be familiar with all of our files.

What are people thinking about LOCIs? I've sent 2 since getting the WL in March, once to tell them about increasing my LSAT score and how my volunteer work was going, and most recently to basically just tell them I'm still very interested.

The first one got a pretty detailed response, and the second one just got a "thanks, we'll add it to your file" type response. Do you think they want LOCIs if they're just to tell them we're still interested, or is this unnecessary/bothersome? I know last year they started calling people and asking if they were still interested, which would make these flimsier LOCIs seem pointless, but as far as I know, this hasn't started happening this year.

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Tue May 17, 2011 2:21 am

Still alive.

In response to the above, I think it really depends on what you tell them. I was able to write two (one reemphasizing my commitment to attending and the other about an award) and received pretty decent responses both times. I'll send a third when my grades come out to tell them about that, graduating with honors, and reminding them that I'm still committed to attending, if admitted.

If you're just writing to them you're "interested" I feel like you're going to get a brief response at this point.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:40 am

Kabuo wrote:I bet a lot of those on LSN just haven't updated, but I'm only now starting to think that the waitlist is really small enough that they can be familiar with all of our files.

What are people thinking about LOCIs? I've sent 2 since getting the WL in March, once to tell them about increasing my LSAT score and how my volunteer work was going, and most recently to basically just tell them I'm still very interested.

The first one got a pretty detailed response, and the second one just got a "thanks, we'll add it to your file" type response. Do you think they want LOCIs if they're just to tell them we're still interested, or is this unnecessary/bothersome? I know last year they started calling people and asking if they were still interested, which would make these flimsier LOCIs seem pointless, but as far as I know, this hasn't started happening this year.
What do you mean by "pretty detailed response?" I'm curious.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Tue May 17, 2011 4:50 am

chimp wrote: What do you mean by "pretty detailed response?" I'm curious.
Going to just PM you on the off chance that I haven't already outed myself on here.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 am

Very curious as well if you don't mind sendin it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 am

What about for those of us out of school for a few years now? With nothing new to report in the way of grades, internships, awards, etc. what can I really tell them other then that I'm still interested?

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Tue May 17, 2011 8:38 am

fingersxd wrote:What about for those of us out of school for a few years now? With nothing new to report in the way of grades, internships, awards, etc. what can I really tell them other then that I'm still interested?
+1

Wondering this as well... "I haven't been fired yet!"

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 am

bigjinjapan wrote:
fingersxd wrote:What about for those of us out of school for a few years now? With nothing new to report in the way of grades, internships, awards, etc. what can I really tell them other then that I'm still interested?
+1

Wondering this as well... "I haven't been fired yet!"
How about, "after careful consideration, I have decided to offer my first born if admitted"?

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Tue May 17, 2011 9:17 am

Still alive. It definitely seems like the WL is still on the large-ish side.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Tue May 17, 2011 11:23 am

aaaaaah wrote:Still alive. It definitely seems like the WL is still on the large-ish side.
Still alive here as well.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 am

evandm wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Still alive. It definitely seems like the WL is still on the large-ish side.
Still alive here as well.
With what looks like a dozen TLSers still alive, this WL is going to be a b*itch to wait out. I STILL don't believe that they know all of us.

jtgnyc

New

Post by jtgnyc » Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Still waitlisted.

lateblooming

New

Post by lateblooming » Tue May 17, 2011 2:30 pm

good luck everyone, received a ding letter today. I was in the first waitlist group, below medians for both scores, sent multiple LOCI's & visited.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

patallica22

New

Post by patallica22 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:13 pm

lateblooming wrote:good luck everyone, received a ding letter today. I was in the first waitlist group, below medians for both scores, sent multiple LOCI's & visited.
Sorry to hear....

For those recently dinged off the WL,(and if you're willing to disclose), were you also on the first round of waitlists?

HogLife

New

Post by HogLife » Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 pm

I don't mind sharing... I'm not sure when the first round took place and due to the lateness of my application, I'm positive my story wont be shared by many, but my time table is as follows.

Submitted: March 23rd
Complete: March 28th
Waitlisted: April 5th

I honestly don't know why I was considered as much as I was, being I applied way past the deadline. Or, why after so much consideration, I would be dinged so soon. I am a pretty severe splitter though, so I'm assuming that played a large part. But there you have it... Like I said, I'm definitely giving it another shot in the fall, ED. If I made it this far, this late in the cycle, I figured with a year of experience working in the local office of my U.S. Senator (my current place of employment) and an early application, I may have a real chance at last.

patallica22

New

Post by patallica22 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:12 pm

HogLife wrote:I don't mind sharing... I'm not sure when the first round took place and due to the lateness of my application, I'm positive my story wont be shared by many, but my time table is as follows.

Submitted: March 23rd
Complete: March 28th
Waitlisted: April 5th

I honestly don't know why I was considered as much as I was, being I applied way past the deadline. Or, why after so much consideration, I would be dinged so soon. I am a pretty severe splitter though, so I'm assuming that played a large part. But there you have it... Like I said, I'm definitely giving it another shot in the fall, ED. If I made it this far, this late in the cycle, I figured with a year of experience working in the local office of my U.S. Senator (my current place of employment) and an early application, I may have a real chance at last.

Thanks for sharing...and yeah I definitely agree. If you got this far in the application process with those circumstances(something I find impressive), then I think you'll certainly have a better shot with an early app and another year's worth of good work xperience.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Still here as well, guys. Any idea how ding notices went out? Email? Snail mail?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:10 pm

egirarde wrote:Still here as well, guys. Any idea how ding notices went out? Email? Snail mail?

According to the waitlist FAQ: "we will communicate with those who are being released via regular mail."

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 pm

chimp wrote:
egirarde wrote:Still here as well, guys. Any idea how ding notices went out? Email? Snail mail?

According to the waitlist FAQ: "we will communicate with those who are being released via regular mail."
I think if the Status Check says "Decision" and you aren't getting a phone call to tell you that you've been accepted, its a ding.

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 pm

fingersxd wrote:
chimp wrote:

I think if the Status Check says "Decision" and you aren't getting a phone call to tell you that you've been accepted, its a ding.
I confirmed this with admissions. Releases will only be sent via regular mail, but status updates will reflect if you are still on the WL.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Wed May 18, 2011 12:02 am

bigjinjapan wrote:
fingersxd wrote:
chimp wrote:

I confirmed this with admissions. Releases will only be sent via regular mail, but status updates will reflect if you are still on the WL.
Will it also reflect acceptances? Or will that be via e-mail and/or a phone call?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 am

fingersxd wrote:Will it also reflect acceptances? Or will that be via e-mail and/or a phone call?
Any decision shows as DR, as I understand. So as previously stated if you go DR without hearing anything by phone it's a good bet you've been dropped.

&CanIGetAHotTub?

New

Post by &CanIGetAHotTub? » Wed May 18, 2011 8:39 am

Any other ED applicants waitlisted and still alive like me?

jtgnyc

New

Post by jtgnyc » Wed May 18, 2011 1:08 pm

ED and still alive as well. Love Michigan.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Guess I'm still in this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”