Michigan Waitlist 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Asleep

New

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2011

Post by Asleep » Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Just got a call, and University of Michigan came up on the caller ID. They were calling for my mother who is an alumn, probably wanting money. Psyche out =(
Last edited by Asleep on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Decided to go somewhere else after getting in off the WL, once everything is final with the new school I will withdraw, probably by the end of the week. Good luck to those still waiting

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue May 31, 2011 8:30 pm

Last page was a lot of negativism from certain people and a big Image on my part. Need to stay positive, people.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:
I quickly painted my body with Michigan's colors and sent a picture mixed into a colage of different types of wolverines, too subtle?
you didn't add a tattoo?!?
Nah they wouldn't have seen it under the body paint. It was very extensive.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Need to stay positive, people.
<3 <3 <3 bils

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jtgnyc

New

Post by jtgnyc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 am

still alive.
consensus: better chance getting in with no acceptance deadline or with an end of june or july deadline?

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 am

I got the email as well, didn't check till late last night.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Last page was a lot of negativism from certain people and a big Image on my part. Need to stay positive, people.
I hope you get in so you can rub it in my face. That said, you're not getting in off that waitlist, lol. Getting out of the waitlist into an acceptance is less promising than getting out of Auschwitz.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Edit: posted in bad taste. Sorry all
Last edited by sreichel on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Comparing the Michigan waitlist to the Holocaust = Yikes...

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:06 pm

chimp wrote:Comparing the Michigan waitlist to the Holocaust = Yikes...
loooooooooool. i hope mtal catches me doing it

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:08 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Last page was a lot of negativism from certain people and a big on my part. Need to stay positive, people.
I hope you get in so you can rub it in my face. That said, you're not getting in off that waitlist, lol. Getting out of the waitlist into an acceptance is less promising than getting out of Auschwitz.
Odds of getting into UMich off the WL: Very Low
Odds this is a ploy to scare people off the WL to improve his chances: Middling to Good

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:12 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Last page was a lot of negativism from certain people and a big on my part. Need to stay positive, people.
Odds this is a ploy to scare people off the WL to improve his chances: Middling to Good
HAHAHA busted

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Just gotta stay positive. I'm already deposited at another law school, so it's not like I'm hurting myself by holding out hope for some late WL action.

That said, get the fuck out of this thread you stupid prick. :mrgreen:

sealoquesea

New

Post by sealoquesea » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:
Just gotta stay positive. I'm already deposited at another law school, so it's not like I'm hurting myself by holding out hope for some late WL action.

I got off the waitlist at Michigan and I have yet to read such an insensitive comment on this website. You don't deserve to even be on the michigan waitlist. Honestly, that you compare the Holocaust to a fucking waitlist for law school is pathetic and self centered. Good luck in life.

theturkeyisfat

Bronze

Post by theturkeyisfat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:48 pm

sealoquesea wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:

I got off the waitlist at Michigan and I have yet to read such an insensitive comment on this website. You don't deserve to even be on the michigan waitlist. Honestly, that you compare the Holocaust to a fucking waitlist for law school is pathetic and self centered. Good luck in life.
when did you get in?

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:
you SOB lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:15 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:
sealoquesea wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:

when did you get in?
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2#p4251892

appears to have been deferred to CO 2015

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:23 pm

sealoquesea wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:

Idk. People on this site routinely show pictures of nukes being dropped when we get into ITE threads. Comparing your job outlook as a lawyer to nuclear devastation gets laughs on this site pretty regularly. Comparing waitlist to concentration camps? equally crass, but not equally well-received lol. Besides, my comment is nothing more than a statistical observation, I'm not mocking or disprespecting anyone, but if people look for reasons to be offended, this planet will not disappoint, and you will find them. And bils, I do hope you make it, you stupid prick, cos why the fuck not.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:58 pm

robot, you suck (lol)

sealoquesea

New

Post by sealoquesea » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:06 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
sealoquesea wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:

Idk. People on this site routinely show pictures of nukes being dropped when we get into ITE threads. Comparing your job outlook as a lawyer to nuclear devastation gets laughs on this site pretty regularly. Comparing waitlist to concentration camps? equally crass, but not equally well-received lol. Besides, my comment is nothing more than a statistical observation, I'm not mocking or disprespecting anyone, but if people look for reasons to be offended, this planet will not disappoint, and you will find them. And bils, I do hope you make it, you stupid prick, cos why the fuck not.
I'm not mocking or disprespecting anyone, but if people look for reasons to be offended, this planet will not disappoint, and you will find them.
So its my fault i was offended by the comment? I dont think so, just place blame on others and admit that you cant do wrong. Its beyond crass, its an insult.

On a different note, I hope all besides this piece of shit get who are still waiting, get off the waitlist. Feel free to PM if anyone is seriously considering deferring to next yr (except for this robot fuck, seriously go visit Auschwitz or the Holocaust Musuem in DC and then realize how wrong you are)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:38 pm

hipstermafia wrote:robot, you suck (lol)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 pm

robotclubmember wrote:I hope you get in so you can rub it in my face. That said, you're not getting in off that waitlist, lol. Getting out of the waitlist into an acceptance is less promising than getting out of Auschwitz.
I got into my dream school with decent money off the waitlist. What the fuck is your problem?

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:I hope you get in so you can rub it in my face. That said, you're not getting in off that waitlist, lol. Getting out of the waitlist into an acceptance is less promising than getting out of Auschwitz.
I got into my dream school with decent money off the waitlist. What the fuck is your problem?
Michigan waitlisted hundreds of applicants, and has stated they "may" admit a "handful," and that they already have all of their deposits in for a full class. It's a realistic assessment of the odds. Sorry? Congrats on getting into your dream school, but U Chi =/= U Mich.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

I wasn't alive back then, and don't know a whole lot of history, but I get a feeling this is innacurate

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”