2011 GULC Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Magnolia

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Magnolia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Got the admissions packet, no mention of money (but no mention of straight up loans, either). I think I'm going to call tomorrow to check, but I assume that there is no money left to give out. LOLOANS.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Magnolia wrote:Got the admissions packet, no mention of money (but no mention of straight up loans, either). I think I'm going to call tomorrow to check, but I assume that there is no money left to give out. LOLOANS.

I dislike the ambiguity, i'd rather they just say "no money for you" than not mention anything at all...

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 pm

sreichel wrote:
Magnolia wrote:Got the admissions packet, no mention of money (but no mention of straight up loans, either). I think I'm going to call tomorrow to check, but I assume that there is no money left to give out. LOLOANS.

I dislike the ambiguity, i'd rather they just say "no money for you" than not mention anything at all...

Yea, pretty much this. It would be one thing if there was a lot of time to figure it out/make the decision, but there's not. They didn't mail the package until Monday, I didn't receive it until Thursday, and now I have 3 days to make a decision, without all the relevant info? Ugh.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, because I was really fortunate to get in, but c'mon. There's certain information that every applicant needs when they pick a school. If they want a quick turnaround on our decision, they should give us all of the info upfront.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Magnolia wrote:
sreichel wrote:

Yea, pretty much this. It would be one thing if there was a lot of time to figure it out/make the decision, but there's not. They didn't mail the package until Monday, I didn't receive it until Thursday, and now I have 3 days to make a decision, without all the relevant info? Ugh.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, because I was really fortunate to get in, but c'mon. There's certain information that every applicant needs when they pick a school. If they want a quick turnaround on our decision, they should give us all of the info upfront.

I'm in ca, so I guess I won't get mine until tomorrow. Maybe ill call again tomorrow and try to get them to email it. It really is ridiculous that we don't get it until now...

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am

georgetown can be surprisingly generous with financial aid (which is done separately from merit aid), not sure what finaid info the recent admits received in the packets but if you can fill out the financial aid stuff now i suggest doing so asap and calling the finaid office to see if they can expedite your award so you know exactly what it would cost, just explain that you have to make a decision in a few days and see what they can do.

I think i received my award within 4 days of filling out the forms, but they might be able to get it to you sooner if you ask. and definitely call instead of e-mail, they're much more responsive to the phone for some reason. hello, 2011! good luck with your decisions.

Siamsa414

Postby Siamsa414 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

Going to give up my spot today. Good luck!

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:23 pm

I filled out the info on McAccess. Just received my award... of loans and work study. :p

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Did any of the other Friday admits get the "hey, I know we said you have until Monday but we actually need to know your decision today" email?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Magnolia wrote:Did any of the other Friday admits get the "hey, I know we said you have until Monday but we actually need to know your decision today" email?

lol that sounds like a dick move if they force people to make a decision today when they gave them till Monday.

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Still haven't received my packet in the mail (West coast) but got my award notice today. 17k/year in need-based, plus work study.

I plan on enrolling.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Magnolia wrote:Did any of the other Friday admits get the "hey, I know we said you have until Monday but we actually need to know your decision today" email?

Yeah, I got it. Haven't even gotten the letter yet and they want to know the decision already, kinda pushy huh?

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 pm

LSATurday wrote:Still haven't received my packet in the mail (West coast) but got my award notice today. 17k/year in need-based, plus work study.

I plan on enrolling.

Did that come via email, or...?

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:30 pm

LSATurday wrote:Still haven't received my packet in the mail (West coast) but got my award notice today. 17k/year in need-based, plus work study.

I plan on enrolling.

May I ask where you were deposited?

*Nevermind, you answered my question in the MN waitlist thread...we were at the same April ASW I think...haa congratulations.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 pm

sreichel wrote:

Yeah, I got it. Haven't even gotten the letter yet and they want to know the decision already, kinda pushy huh?

Yea. I get where they're coming from, but that email made me feel guilty for having not decided yet, and I don't like that.

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:38 pm

sreichel wrote:

I plan on enrolling.

Did that come via email, or...?

Email saying my award was available to view then I had to logon to one of the 152 accts I had to set up on their website.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Magnolia wrote:
sreichel wrote:

Yea. I get where they're coming from, but that email made me feel guilty for having not decided yet, and I don't like that.

Don't feel guilty, you've waited six months, if you haven't made up your mind then they can wait the three more days that they already promised you.

Perch

Postby Perch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:40 pm

So what did you guys decide?

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Perch wrote:So what did you guys decide?

Haven't even gotten the letter yet, but ill be putting in a deposit

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 am

sreichel wrote:

So weird that we have to respond before we get our formal acceptances.

I plan on submitting my waiver deposit form tomorrow, hope I don't forget while at work...

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 am

LSATurday wrote:
sreichel wrote:

So weird that we have to respond before we get our formal acceptances.

I plan on submitting my waiver deposit form tomorrow, hope I don't forget while at work...

I'm going to call them tomorrow. It wouldn't bother me except in the email he specifically said he "can't tell us we're in by email", so technically if you haven't received the packet, you haven't officially received notice that you're accepted yet right? Just kind of frustrating...

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 am

I'll be turning down GULC's offer today. Hope my spot goes to another TLSer!

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Finally got the packet in the mail, will be putting in a seat deposit

happyfeet

Postby happyfeet » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 am

Just withdrew from GULC. Hope the spot and money goes to someone here.

jcdc

Postby jcdc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 am

Anyone else? There were several others who said they got in on 6/3 but haven't said if they're attending or not.

PuckCU06

Postby PuckCU06 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 pm

I am attending, but staying on Michigan's waitlist... that said, I don't know how long. I love DC and I'm ready to make plans.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”