2011 GULC Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
noncontributingzero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby noncontributingzero » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Emma1 wrote:
Perch wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:Looks like no love for us sub-170 folk. I wonder if that's all she wrote for open seats after the second deposit...


Unfortunately that would make sense, right?


They have taken plenty of splitters with sub 170.


I meant for this round. Have a few (non-URM) sub-170s made it off of the waitlist?

User avatar
Light
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Light » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 pm

I made it off the waitlist very early in like April, and I have a 167. I'm not considered a URM.

rachelkatelyn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:34 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby rachelkatelyn » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I was also accepted off the waitlist in April with a 168 and am not a URM.

Light wrote:I made it off the waitlist very early in like April, and I have a 167. I'm not considered a URM.

tguk53
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby tguk53 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 pm

rachelkatelyn wrote:I was also accepted off the waitlist in April with a 168 and am not a URM.

Light wrote:I made it off the waitlist very early in like April, and I have a 167. I'm not considered a URM.


+1, here. I was pulled off the PWL in the first week of April and I have a 166/3.78 and not a URM.

LSATurday
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby LSATurday » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:11 am

In today. I was reg wait list but got those teasing emails. 3.3/173.

840e
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby 840e » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 am

.
Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noncontributingzero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby noncontributingzero » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 am

840e wrote:Huge congrats to those who got in! Amazing accomplishment...

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?


I was originally SPWL. I got all of the emails from Andy, and I did not get in yesterday.

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby j12 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:47 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:
840e wrote:Huge congrats to those who got in! Amazing accomplishment...

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?


I was originally SPWL. I got all of the emails from Andy, and I did not get in yesterday.


+1

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby JustE » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:47 am

j12bash wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:
840e wrote:Huge congrats to those who got in! Amazing accomplishment...

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?


I was originally SPWL. I got all of the emails from Andy, and I did not get in yesterday.


+1


Damn. Did you continually send in LOCI? Or was it radio silence?

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby planQ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:33 pm

840e wrote:Huge congrats to those who got in! Amazing accomplishment...

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?


I did not get in with the PWL all the andy letters up until the last Sophia letter.

Had sent in LOCI's/Emails.

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby j12 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:06 pm

egirarde wrote:
j12bash wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:
840e wrote:Huge congrats to those who got in! Amazing accomplishment...

Just out of curiosity... how many people here got the andy "we have spots, would you like to be considered?" letter or "hope next time we write you it begins with congratulations" or the last andy/sophia letter and did NOT get in yesterday?

Also, did anyone who got the switch over to pt program consideration get in yesterday?


I was originally SPWL. I got all of the emails from Andy, and I did not get in yesterday.


+1


Damn. Did you continually send in LOCI? Or was it radio silence?

I think I sent 1 LOCI besides replying to all of the emails. I didn't reply to the last email for two days though, so I don't know if that came into play maybe?

User avatar
jcdc
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby jcdc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 am

Was anyone who got in on Friday (or recently) PT? Or is this just FT waitlist movement?

User avatar
grifter1910
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:20 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby grifter1910 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:18 pm

jcdc wrote:Was anyone who got in on Friday (or recently) PT? Or is this just FT waitlist movement?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been FT all along.

noncontributingzero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby noncontributingzero » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Just received another no news update.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Perch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby 2011Cycle » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Perch wrote:Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?


+1
w/July12th as the next face palm moment

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 am

2011Cycle wrote:
Perch wrote:Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?


+1
w/July12th as the next face palm moment


Wow, sounds like it is over for people who got that update! I presume they are saying you wont get another update until July? Someone want to put up the wording?
Last edited by Emma1 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby planQ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:04 am

Any one care to speculate about the fates of those who were told of a June10th update date?

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:09 am

My guess based on reading last years posts is that they will be given a later date as well. Unless you hear by Friday I think it is basically over!

User avatar
jcdc
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby jcdc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:10 am

Emma1 wrote:
2011Cycle wrote:
Perch wrote:Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?


+1
w/July12th as the next face palm moment


Wow, sounds like it is over for people who got that update!


You think? Did all the applicants who got this June 6th update get the Andy email last time, not the Sophia one? I thought the Andy batch was in a better spot.

I interpret the July 12th date as meaning that the class is full and they're not going to have any more mass releases like they did on Friday. I bet they'll just let a few in as spots open up.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:15 am

jcdc wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
2011Cycle wrote:
Perch wrote:Did all of those who were promised an update by the 7th and did not get in on Friday get a similar update today?


+1
w/July12th as the next face palm moment


Wow, sounds like it is over for people who got that update!


You think? Did all the applicants who got this June 6th update get the Andy email last time, not the Sophia one? I thought the Andy batch was in a better spot.

I interpret the July 12th date as meaning that the class is full and they're not going to have any more mass releases like they did on Friday. I bet they'll just let a few in as spots open up.


That's my read on it

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby loblaw » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 am

Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt


We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby splitmuch » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am

loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt


We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?


I haven't received anything, I guess they didn't like the money or STFU response

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby j12 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:43 am

loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt


We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?


This is what I got, interpreted it the same way.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am

loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

Well sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keeping this group informed without promising that there will be openings. This lets people make their own decision as to how long they can hold on.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt


We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?


Sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keep this group updated without promising that a seat will open up. It lets students decide how long they can hold on before making rental committments elsewhere.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Earlskies, Google [Bot], JD_Kingfish, lillawyer2, patrickkpaul, Thelaw23, Yahoo [Bot] and 28 guests