2011 GULC Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law.school.2014

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby law.school.2014 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:28 pm

hmmm did ANYONE else get this...?

kfresha

Postby kfresha » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:30 pm

I got this elusive e-mail as well... It doesn't look like too many did. Hmmmmmm

EDIT: I'm in the same boat as well, I need them to give me at least some money for me to attend. Sticker vs my 20k per year at BU won't cut it.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 pm

no email for me, I suspect that another one goes out tomorrow to the masses

840e

Postby 840e » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noncontributingzero

Postby noncontributingzero » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:49 pm

Not gonna lie, not getting the email stings...

Do we think that those that got the email are the only ones who will see movement after the seat deposits (assuming the email is a strong indication of likely acceptance) or maybe they are just the first trickle?

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:55 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:Not gonna lie, not getting the email stings...

Maybe if I fabricate an email replying to the above-posted email, they will get confused and admit me.

j12

Postby j12 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 pm

I did not get today's email, and I had previously been receiving all the most suggestive emails. I waited a couple days before replying to the last email, because I most likely won't go to Gtown w/o money, but I still want to go. I suppose I should have mentioned that I'd love to go if finances can be worked out.

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:06 pm

To those who did receive--are you all full-time people? Any part-timers?

speedyj88

Postby speedyj88 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:07 pm

I withdrew my seat yesterday so there's at least 1 spot available now.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:08 pm

loblaw wrote:To those who did receive--are you all full-time people? Any part-timers?

Full time.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm

speedyj88 wrote:I withdrew my seat yesterday so there's at least 1 spot available now.

thank you kindly!

Today's email certainly seems positive for those who received.

edit: did you get the last couple emails prior to this one from andy? sophia?
Last edited by Perch on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kfresha

Postby kfresha » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Full Time for me as well.

noncontributingzero

Postby noncontributingzero » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm

New (I'm trying really hard to be positive) theory:

The only two people who got the email on TLS have both expressed the need for money, so maybe it was simply to see where they stand on the issue. I am keeping my fingers crossed that some of us who are being considered for currently open spots didn't get the email because they know where we stand. I have told them I will definitely attend if admitted.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:15 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:New (I'm trying really hard to be positive) theory:

The only two people who got the email on TLS have both expressed the need for money, so maybe it was simply to see where they stand on the issue. I am keeping my fingers crossed that some of us who are being considered for currently open spots didn't get the email because they know where we stand. I have told them I will definitely attend if admitted.

This could be true.

law.school.2014

Postby law.school.2014 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 pm

splitmuch wrote:

This could be true.

I definitely think that is what it is. There is no way we all magically got taken off the email lists, and it would not make sense for them to re-re-confirm our interest when they just did that about a week ago. I am thinking this was only sent out to the people who A) did not confirm their interest or B) set stipulations with requesting scholarship or something.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 pm

law.school.2014 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

This could be true.

I definitely think that is what it is. There is no way we all magically got taken off the email lists, and it would not make sense for them to re-re-confirm our interest when they just did that about a week ago. I am thinking this was only sent out to the people who A) did not confirm their interest or B) set stipulations with requesting scholarship or something.

This makes sense except they asked the exact same thing in the previous email about if we are sure to attend. I said "no, I gots to have money" so why ask the same question again?

NO GEORGETOWN I DO NOT ABSOLUTELY COMMIT TO GOING IF YOU ADMIT ME OFF THE WAITLIST. STOP ASKING OR GIVE ME SCRILLA. THIS GOES FOR ANDY, SOPHIA, ALISON (who?) AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY ASK.

bigjinjapan

Postby bigjinjapan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:24 pm

splitmuch wrote:and another email

Dear splitmuch,

I am writing to you today on behalf of the Admissions Committee at Georgetown Law. You are in a select group of people we have our eye on, should spaces open up in the incoming class. Yesterday, June 1st, was our second tuition deposit deadline and, based on the final responses to this deadline, it’s possible that a few spaces may open up in the incoming class.

I know you’ve been in touch with us recently, but the Admissions Committee has made it clear that at this point they are only interested in offering admission to those who are certain they will come if offered a space. If you are certain you will come if admitted, please let me know by responding to this email. And we promise to update you on the class situation soon.

Warm regards,

Alison

Got this. Regular WL, have only responded thus far with 'will attend if admitted.' Hope they make any offers before the weekend; I have another offer I have to decide on by Monday...

Zeephyr

Postby Zeephyr » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:29 pm

splitmuch wrote:
law.school.2014 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

This could be true.

This makes sense except they asked the exact same thing in the previous email about if we are sure to attend. I said "no, I gots to have money" so why ask the same question again?

NO GEORGETOWN I DO NOT ABSOLUTELY COMMIT TO GOING IF YOU ADMIT ME OFF THE WAITLIST. STOP ASKING OR GIVE ME SCRILLA. THIS GOES FOR ANDY, SOPHIA, ALISON (who?) AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY ASK.

Is it Alison Spada? I think she handles some of the financial aid award communication. That would add credence to noncon's theory.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:44 pm

It could be or this is the first group they are going to offer seats too and they want another reassurance you are coming. Hopefully if you receive a call they will have financial aid answers for you. I suspect that there will not be any or much financial aid to those who are on the regular waitlist or have borderline numbers. Special preferred group have high stats and that would be a different situation. Just my guess though.
Last edited by Emma1 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:
splitmuch wrote:and another email

Dear splitmuch,

I am writing to you today on behalf of the Admissions Committee at Georgetown Law. You are in a select group of people we have our eye on, should spaces open up in the incoming class. Yesterday, June 1st, was our second tuition deposit deadline and, based on the final responses to this deadline, it’s possible that a few spaces may open up in the incoming class.

I know you’ve been in touch with us recently, but the Admissions Committee has made it clear that at this point they are only interested in offering admission to those who are certain they will come if offered a space. If you are certain you will come if admitted, please let me know by responding to this email. And we promise to update you on the class situation soon.

Warm regards,

Alison

Got this. Regular WL, have only responded thus far with 'will attend if admitted.' Hope they make any offers before the weekend; I have another offer I have to decide on by Monday...

Did you respond with will attend if admitted last week? If so, today's email changes my thinking a bit. I agreed with zero earlier, but now I don't know.

Looks like splitters?

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Emma1 wrote: NO GEORGETOWN I DO NOT ABSOLUTELY COMMIT TO GOING IF YOU ADMIT ME OFF THE WAITLIST. STOP ASKING OR GIVE ME SCRILLA. THIS GOES FOR ANDY, SOPHIA, ALISON (who?) AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY ASK.
Is it Alison Spada? I think she handles some of the financial aid award communication. That would add credence to noncon's theory
It could be or this is the first group they are going to offer seats too and they want another reassurance you are coming. Hopefully if you receive a call they will have financial aid answers for you. I suspect that there will not be any or much financial aid to those who are on the regular waitlist or have borderline numbers. Special preferred group have high stats and that would be a different situation. Just my guess though. Splitmuch,still LOL at your comments.

Yeah, it is Alison Spada. I definitely have borderline numbers but I'm hoping that theyre really close to bumping up their 75th percentile or something and wanna buy my 178. Unlikely but if so, I'm definitely for sale (and GULC was my number 1 at the beginning of the process). If not, I'm perfectly happy at NU.

Edit: And one of the people who received it has a 3.8 so I don't think he is a splitter. Much like the rest of this process with GULC, there seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 pm

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:09 am

Magnolia wrote:Image

+1

bigjinjapan

Postby bigjinjapan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:23 am

Emma1 wrote:It could be or this is the first group they are going to offer seats too and they want another reassurance you are coming. Hopefully if you receive a call they will have financial aid answers for you. I suspect that there will not be any or much financial aid to those who are on the regular waitlist or have borderline numbers. Special preferred group have high stats and that would be a different situation. Just my guess though. Splitmuch, still LOL at your comments.

This is my guess. It's the first update since the 2nd deposit deadline and they've probably got a better idea of how many offers they'll be able to make. The small number of people that received this makes me think it's the prelude to an official offer, but since I'm one of them I may be guilty of some wishful thinking here.

kfresha

Postby kfresha » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 am

I am no splitter. My advantage may or may not be that I graduated from Georgetown undergrad like 2 weeks ago :D . I don't know if that plays any role, but I would think it would play a small role at least haha, they do tend to take a lot from their undergrad...

I have middle-of-the-road numbers otherwise, not great but not terrible either.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”