2011 GULC Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clearfire
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby clearfire » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:01 pm

antonin wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
antonin wrote:Are there many SPWL who did not withdraw without an offer. I am in that position. I am wondering maybe they think that I have not shown much interest... or maybe they do not think I am special.

Right here. I have sent an LOCI and a lengthy email of interest. I'm still hanging on, but more and more concerned about going with zero aid



That is my worry too. I have heard that sometimes you can get money out of waitlists though. I prefer georgetown to a number of other higher ranked schools, primarily cause of location.


In off of the SPWL a few weeks ago, got an offer for 10k for the first year. Not enough to get me there.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Perch » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 pm

nothing over the past couple of days eh?

NewIvy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby NewIvy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 pm

For those of you on the regular preferred (non-special) waitlist:

How did you send your LOCI? Mail? Email? If email, what address did you send it to?

BeachandRun23
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby BeachandRun23 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 pm

NewIvy wrote:For those of you on the regular preferred (non-special) waitlist:

How did you send your LOCI? Mail? Email? If email, what address did you send it to?


Email to the standard admissions address. The waitlist email didnt provide an additional contact info.

840e
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby 840e » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:27 pm

.
Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chammond5
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby chammond5 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm

loblaw wrote:I am on the extra regular non-special waitlist and have received nothing since the "do you still want to be on the waitlist?" email last month. I sent a lengthy response but have not sent a LOCI, mostly because I'm a working professional and really have nothing extravagant to add in my LOCI that I did not say in the email. Has anyone been pulled from the extra regular waitlist at all? Do you think it is worth it to send a LOCI that basically reiterates my interest expressed in the email? Thanks.


I was on the regular waitlist this cycle and got pulled off on 4/8, so there is definitely hope!!! I wrote a LOCI, visited the campus, and then responded to their e-mail asking to reaffirm interest in staying on the waitlist. GOOD LUCK!!

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 pm

chammond5 wrote:
loblaw wrote:I am on the extra regular non-special waitlist and have received nothing since the "do you still want to be on the waitlist?" email last month. I sent a lengthy response but have not sent a LOCI, mostly because I'm a working professional and really have nothing extravagant to add in my LOCI that I did not say in the email. Has anyone been pulled from the extra regular waitlist at all? Do you think it is worth it to send a LOCI that basically reiterates my interest expressed in the email? Thanks.


I was on the regular waitlist this cycle and got pulled off on 4/8, so there is definitely hope!!! I wrote a LOCI, visited the campus, and then responded to their e-mail asking to reaffirm interest in staying on the waitlist. GOOD LUCK!!


If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers? Were you a potential YP?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13528
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Flips88 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
chammond5 wrote:
loblaw wrote:I am on the extra regular non-special waitlist and have received nothing since the "do you still want to be on the waitlist?" email last month. I sent a lengthy response but have not sent a LOCI, mostly because I'm a working professional and really have nothing extravagant to add in my LOCI that I did not say in the email. Has anyone been pulled from the extra regular waitlist at all? Do you think it is worth it to send a LOCI that basically reiterates my interest expressed in the email? Thanks.


I was on the regular waitlist this cycle and got pulled off on 4/8, so there is definitely hope!!! I wrote a LOCI, visited the campus, and then responded to their e-mail asking to reaffirm interest in staying on the waitlist. GOOD LUCK!!


If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers? Were you a potential YP?

He only has 2 posts and his numbers are in them. Happy hunting

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby msridiculous447 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Flips88 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
chammond5 wrote:
loblaw wrote:I am on the extra regular non-special waitlist and have received nothing since the "do you still want to be on the waitlist?" email last month. I sent a lengthy response but have not sent a LOCI, mostly because I'm a working professional and really have nothing extravagant to add in my LOCI that I did not say in the email. Has anyone been pulled from the extra regular waitlist at all? Do you think it is worth it to send a LOCI that basically reiterates my interest expressed in the email? Thanks.


I was on the regular waitlist this cycle and got pulled off on 4/8, so there is definitely hope!!! I wrote a LOCI, visited the campus, and then responded to their e-mail asking to reaffirm interest in staying on the waitlist. GOOD LUCK!!


If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers? Were you a potential YP?

He only has 2 posts and his numbers are in them. Happy hunting


My apologies; I'm not super handy with all the forum features. :roll:

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Emma1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Don't worry,there is no problem with asking someone's numbers:)

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Finally managed to sen off my withdrawal email yesterday. Got a very prompt response wishing me luck in my future endeavors. I know it was a form email but still bummed me out since I stated very clearly that I plan to apply next year. Whatever.

Good Luck to those still in the hunt!

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby BlueDiamond » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 am

just got a waitlist update that TOTALLY got my hopes up only to realize they were basically saying give up hope

840e
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby 840e » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:21 am

.
Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby BlueDiamond » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 am

840e wrote:bluediamond, thats terrible! what did the email say and what rank of waitlist were you on/ what program(s)?


both pt/ft with pretty uncompetitive numbers on the super regular not special at all waitlist

anddd it said "Good morning" yeah guess not "we have had a little movement, but our deposits remain quite strong" seats are filling up, you no have one "planning on making additional offers after our May 2 deposit" just not to you duh "keep in touch" ever send us an LOCI again and we will withdraw your file "thanks for your continued interest" good to know we are loved even if its not mutual

msridiculous447
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby msridiculous447 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 am

Eh...I got the same email and I didn't think it was nearly that negative. I think the point was just to tell anyone who has a deposit due before May 2 (specifically those with deposits due today) that they should go ahead with that. I definitely didn't get the vibe that they weren't going to make any more offers...just that they wouldn't be in the next two weeks.

bmore
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby bmore » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:51 am

I am withdrawing my acceptance so maybe this will help one of you. Good luck!

User avatar
jcdc
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby jcdc » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:02 am

I also got the same email and am on the PWL. Did the SPWL people get it as well? It was definitely disappointing and they must have sent it for a reason, but I do appreciate they're keeping us updated. Let's hope more spots open up than they're predicting!

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Magnolia » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 am

jcdc wrote:I also got the same email and am on the PWL. Did the SPWL people get it as well? It was definitely disappointing and they must have sent it for a reason, but I do appreciate they're keeping us updated. Let's hope more spots open up than they're predicting!

I'm SPWL and also got it. I definitely read it as "you should deposit at another school to be safe because we won't be able to offer you admission before the deposit deadline." Not great, but not super negative either.

840e
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby 840e » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

.
Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby j12 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 am

jcdc wrote:I also got the same email and am on the PWL. Did the SPWL people get it as well? It was definitely disappointing and they must have sent it for a reason, but I do appreciate they're keeping us updated. Let's hope more spots open up than they're predicting!


I'm on SPWL and I got the same one.
I just submitted a LOCI Wednesday too.

onehaqq01
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby onehaqq01 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:30 am

Bluediamond- I think the email also mentioned that "things have a way of changing", did it not? That's a positive right there! There is a chance, no matter how slight!

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby BlueDiamond » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:34 pm

onehaqq01 wrote:Bluediamond- I think the email also mentioned that "things have a way of changing", did it not? That's a positive right there! There is a chance, no matter how slight!


haha i leave for three hours and everyone jumps on my post! it was only a joke to lighten the waitlist funk I'm in.. I'm staying on until they kick me off

NewIvy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby NewIvy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:15 pm

So everyone got the email? All 3 lists?

antonin
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby antonin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi, I do not think that there is anything pessimistic about it. All schools look at waitlist after deposits. GULC was strange in that aspect... accepting WL's before deposit deadline.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Postby Perch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:58 pm

so did Friday's email really make it that quiet? nada till May 2? bummer.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, aaron1621, anrf1225, BrainsyK, canafsa, Long shot hero, Torres1893, xn3345 and 14 guests