2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vernunft

New

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by Vernunft » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Flips88 wrote:People that have sent an LOCI: Have you received confirmation after you sent the LOCI? I sent one on Wednesday via email and never got a response.
FWIW I never got confirmation, but I also delivered mine in person, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:30 pm

antonin wrote:No confirmation after LOCI, at least for me.

Beware that on the SPWL e-mail it assumes that you do not need to do much contact with them, they will do most contact with you.
That is, you can tell them if you have to go to Europe and etc. but you do not need to sent an e-mail to express your willingness to continue to be considered like you do for Upenn or NU. It will probably not hurt, but then on the other hand, they could have asked like many schools do to provide optional recs or optional essays.

I did sent a LOCI-like thing. That is primarily because I thought I had messed up something earlier in the application process.
After telling AS that I wanted to remain on the waitlist, she wrote back and said
AS wrote:Our first deposit is due May 2nd and the second June 1st so, if you remain interested, just before those deposit deadlines it’s always good to get in touch with us to let us know that you want to be considered if spaces become available.

For now there is nothing you need to do. However, do please feel free to continue to send me any updates to your application. I’m happy to be your point of contact in this process. And if you have any questions going forward, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
So my guess is that they actually do welcome a fair amount of communication, at least from the SPWLs.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Yeah she wrote me back the morning after I sent the email to remain on the wait list with all that info. I'll probably send something else around mid-April as the deposit deadline nears.

clearfire

Bronze

Post by clearfire » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 pm

FWIW I only replied to the SPWL email and didn't do anything else and got an email a few days ago telling me I've been accepted.

Applied late January, SPWL 2/28, accepted recently.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:32 pm

clearfire wrote:FWIW I only replied to the SPWL email and didn't do anything else and got an email a few days ago telling me I've been accepted.

Applied late January, SPWL 2/28, accepted recently.
I bet you were YP'd at first though. I saw your numbers in one of your other posts and you're above both medians.

I'm above 75th GPA, but below 25th LSAT so I think my situation might differ, but hopefully I get in.

Congrats. Do you think you'll attend?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Flips88 wrote:Yeah she wrote me back the morning after I sent the email to remain on the wait list with all that info. I'll probably send something else around mid-April as the deposit deadline nears.

Damn it,

so why am i getting nothing from them? Somewhat angry, I guess I will send them a mid-april expressing my continued interest.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:41 pm

bump up for news

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Emma1 wrote:bump up for news
All is quiet. I bet we don't hear much until the floodgates start opening from April 15th till after May 2nd.

roxydoxy

New

Post by roxydoxy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 pm

lushka wrote:
JTMan wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:
fatduck wrote:Sup. Preferred waitlist (non-special) reporting in. Will most likely attend if admitted.

+1

+1

Me too

same

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Any other SPWL people get a brief update email asking to reiterate your interest in GULC?

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Flips88 wrote:Any other SPWL people get a brief update email asking to reiterate your interest in GULC?
yes and my heart completely stopped momentarily

laurencita7

New

Post by laurencita7 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Flips88 wrote:Any other SPWL people get a brief update email asking to reiterate your interest in GULC?
preferred waitlist got it too...

matts_14

New

Post by matts_14 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:51 pm

SPWL here and got the update. My heart too stopped for a second.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:52 pm

laurencita7 wrote:
Uh, now I'm worried a little. Did I somehow get moved from SPWL to PWL? There was no mention of the special group in the update email...

Anyways, should I tell them the truth, that I haven't deposited anywhere yet and don't plan to? Or does that make me seem needy? Pretty much, if anyone has written a "He's Just Not That Into You" for law schools, mind loaning me a copy?

zreinhar

Bronze

Post by zreinhar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Got the email as well and I am regular WL not preferred or Special preferred. Basically told them I'd give them my soul if they want it..

matts_14

New

Post by matts_14 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:59 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
laurencita7 wrote:
Uh, now I'm worried a little. Did I somehow get moved from SPWL to PWL? There was no mention of the special group in the update email...

Anyways, should I tell them the truth, that I haven't deposited anywhere yet and don't plan to? Or does that make me seem needy? Pretty much, if anyone has written a "He's Just Not That Into You" for law schools, mind loaning me a copy?
My email did mention that I was in the "special group" on their preferred waitlist, but I wouldn't think that they would bump people down from it...

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:02 pm

matts_14 wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
laurencita7 wrote:

My email did mention that I was in the "special group" on their preferred waitlist, but I wouldn't think that they would bump people down from it...
Never mind I didn't read closely enough - it does mention the special group in the body, just not the subject title.

I'll probably call this afternoon because I meant to check receipt of my LOCI as well. Think an email would be overkill or, as I'm guessing from this email, do they prefer overkill right now?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

laurencita7 wrote:
preferred waitlist and didn't get it

uhoh

Vernunft

New

Post by Vernunft » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:24 pm

fatduck wrote:
laurencita7 wrote:
preferred waitlist and didn't get it

uhoh
PWL. I got it, but I thought the email said they sent it to the whole WL...

jks14

New

Post by jks14 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:46 pm

Is it a good/bad idea to include specifics about schools and deadlines?

For example I will be putting down a deposit at X, or I am considering offers at X and Y but Gtown remains my top choice.

The other schools would both be within a few ranking points of Gtown.

ls24

New

Post by ls24 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:21 pm

jks14 wrote:Is it a good/bad idea to include specifics about schools and deadlines?

For example I will be putting down a deposit at X, or I am considering offers at X and Y but Gtown remains my top choice.

I have the same question.. the schools I would be depositing at are ranked 25-30, so should I be mentioning that? The first deadline is April 15th

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:32 pm

ls24 wrote:
jks14 wrote:Is it a good/bad idea to include specifics about schools and deadlines?

I have the same question.. the schools I would be depositing at are ranked 25-30, so should I be mentioning that? The first deadline is April 15th
I wouldn't list the specific schools. If the schools are ranked lower, GULC will probably assume that you'll end up choosing them no matter when they admit you, so there's no incentive for them to let you before other people. If you list schools that are ranked significantly higher, they could assume you'll probably end up going there anyway, and may be less likely to admit you.

IMO, simply saying that you have a deposit due for other schools on a certain date should be sufficient. Definitely also mention that GULC is (one of) your top choice(s), assuming that's the case.

speedyj88

Bronze

Post by speedyj88 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Just checking in to say that I was just placed on the Priority WL yesterday and received the update email today. It seems strange that even though the email said they sent it to all Priority WL members, that at least 1 member hasn't received it. Any ideas why?

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Confirming that I received the same e-mail. I am part of SPWL.
Does anyone know after acceptance how much time we have to confirm attendance, and if we confirm attendance can we change our mind if later another WL turns positive.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:59 pm

speedyj88 wrote:Just checking in to say that I was just placed on the Priority WL yesterday and received the update email today. It seems strange that even though the email said they sent it to all Priority WL members, that at least 1 member hasn't received it. Any ideas why?
no clue. maybe it's because i already sent a LOCI? or maybe they've already ditched my app.

OR MAYBE I'M ALREADY ADMITTED

:P

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”