2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
840e

New

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by 840e » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelkatelyn

New

Post by rachelkatelyn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Just got an email saying I'm in and would be able to access the Admitted Students website tomorrow morning!

I've been on the SPWL since 3/18.

Light

Bronze

Post by Light » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:11 am

nowinGA wrote:
loblaw wrote:I am on the extra regular non-special waitlist and have received nothing since the "do you still want to be on the waitlist?" email last month. I sent a lengthy response but have not sent a LOCI, mostly because I'm a working professional and really have nothing extravagant to add in my LOCI that I did not say in the email. Has anyone been pulled from the extra regular waitlist at all? Do you think it is worth it to send a LOCI that basically reiterates my interest expressed in the email? Thanks.
I honestly don't think it ever hurts to send another LOCI or email expressing interest. They pulled from the Regular Waitlist last year (at times before puling from the PWL or SPWL). I think it just depends on what holes they are needing to fill, so you might as well give it a shot! Good luck!
They pulled me off the regular non-preferred waitlist and all I did was reaffirm my interest in a couple sentences when I got their email asking me to do so.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:25 am

Light wrote:
nowinGA wrote:
loblaw wrote:I am on the extra regular non-special waitlist and have received nothing since the "do you still want to be on the waitlist?" email last month. I sent a lengthy response but have not sent a LOCI, mostly because I'm a working professional and really have nothing extravagant to add in my LOCI that I did not say in the email. Has anyone been pulled from the extra regular waitlist at all? Do you think it is worth it to send a LOCI that basically reiterates my interest expressed in the email? Thanks.
I honestly don't think it ever hurts to send another LOCI or email expressing interest. They pulled from the Regular Waitlist last year (at times before puling from the PWL or SPWL). I think it just depends on what holes they are needing to fill, so you might as well give it a shot! Good luck!
They pulled me off the regular non-preferred waitlist and all I did was reaffirm my interest in a couple sentences when I got their email asking me to do so.
I think most people are looking to see who is getting off the waitlist since GULC's email last week.

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 pm

rachelkatelyn wrote:Just got an email saying I'm in and would be able to access the Admitted Students website tomorrow morning!

Did you do anything special? Essay, LOCI attachment, visit?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rachelkatelyn

New

Post by rachelkatelyn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:51 pm

antonin wrote:
rachelkatelyn wrote:Just got an email saying I'm in and would be able to access the Admitted Students website tomorrow morning!

I wrote a LOCI email on Wednesday!

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:13 pm

rachelkatelyn wrote:
antonin wrote:

She is special priority waitlist. Almost everyone is taken off that.

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Emma1 wrote:
rachelkatelyn wrote:
antonin wrote:

She is special priority waitlist. Almost everyone is taken off that.
I'm hoping you're right...where do you get this idea though? Just how it worked it years past? Also, assume this is after the deposit deadline, correct?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Perch wrote: I'm hoping you're right...where do you get this idea though? Just how it worked it years past? Also, assume this is after the deposit deadline, correct?
IIRC, the SPWL has only been around for 3 years. The first 2 years everyone was taken off it and last year most people were taken off it, but some weren't because of the higher number of applications last year

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Guy

New

Post by Guy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 pm

what are the chances for regular waitlists

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Just got an email stating that my application is one of a "small number" of applications that will be reviewed for a "handful of spots" in the part-time program, and they asked me to once again confirm my interest. Yay!

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:44 pm

loblaw wrote:Just got an email stating that my application is one of a "small number" of applications that will be reviewed for a "handful of spots" in the part-time program, and they asked me to once again confirm my interest. Yay!
wonder what that means for FT...

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Perch wrote:
loblaw wrote:Just got an email stating that my application is one of a "small number" of applications that will be reviewed for a "handful of spots" in the part-time program, and they asked me to once again confirm my interest. Yay!
wonder what that means for FT...
IIRC, last year people that applied to PT got emails asking for their level of interest and then were let in shortly after. I don't want to give you false hope, but I read the whole thread and I think that's what happened.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

840e

New

Post by 840e » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gfunkera86

New

Post by gfunkera86 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 pm

I got the same email telling me Im part of the "small group." I submitted my second LOCI yesterday. I applied for both full and part-time programs. hope this is good news!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 pm

If you only applied FT but would consider PT it seems like now would be the time to let them know that, IIRC some people on the WL did that last year and then got in.

Plus you can hang out with me in night school.

GOOD LUCK

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:26 pm

hipstermafia wrote:If you only applied FT but would consider PT it seems like now would be the time to let them know that, IIRC some people on the WL did that last year and then got in.

GOOD LUCK
If they only have a handful of seats available, I seriously doubt they want people applying for it now. Maybe if they cant get the few people from those that have already applied but that seems unlikely. They decreased the number of seats that are part time this year.
Last edited by Emma1 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

gfunkera86 wrote:I got the same email telling me Im part of the "small group." I submitted my second LOCI yesterday. I applied for both full and part-time programs. hope this is good news!
Are you regular waitlist?

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 pm

840e wrote:loblaw, did you apply for only the part time program? sounds promising for you!
I applied only to the part time program, and I was regular waitlist.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Regular WL just go an email saying they expect to have some FT spots after the May 2 deadline and asking my interest.

Edited to include text:
Greetings from Georgetown. As we begin receiving our tuition
deposits, the Committee expects that we may have a small handful of
spaces in our full-time program. We have identified your
application as part of a small group that the Committee will be
reviewing. However, as deadlines loom, we are primarily interested
in offering these spaces to those who, if admitted, would plan to
enroll at Georgetown. To that end, it would be helpful to the
Committee if you could confirm your level of interest.
Last edited by splitmuch on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:03 pm

:/ wheres my email?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Emma1 wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:If you only applied FT but would consider PT it seems like now would be the time to let them know that, IIRC some people on the WL did that last year and then got in.

GOOD LUCK
If they only have a handful of seats available, I seriously doubt they want people applying for it now. Maybe if they cant get the few people from those that have already applied but that seems unlikely. They decreased the number of seats that are part time this year.
I am aware that they decreased the number in the PT program, twas just a suggestion for those who wouldn't mind being PT and really want to go to gulc. You def don't have to do so!

NewIvy

New

Post by NewIvy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Same email from preferred (non-special) WL. Gonna respond with the LOCI I was waiting to send at the deposit deadline.

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

BlueDiamond wrote::/ wheres my email?
I'm PWL and I didn't get anything either. Last time they sent an email out to the waitlist some people didn't get it until the following day (I was one of them), so I'm hoping that's the deal again.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:37 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote::/ wheres my email?
I'm PWL and I didn't get anything either. Last time they sent an email out to the waitlist some people didn't get it until the following day (I was one of them), so I'm hoping that's the deal again.
This doesn't seem like an email that went to everyone. It seems like it's been sent to people they'd like to admit if they given them a solid commitment to attend. I'm SPWL and have yet to receive an email, but I know one person on SPWL that has gotten it already.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”